“Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dover
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Our view of the resort and the ocean was perfect. The Turtle Beach staff treated our group like we were visiting family members. They were very accommodating. I've stayed in many beautiful places, but it's an even greater experience when smiles grace the staff's beautiful faces. It is outstanding customer service and refreshing experiences like these that gives me the pleasure of sharing my thoughts of the Turtle Beach Resort.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Ebonye W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

I have to say, the resort needs a little updating. However, it was very clean. The food was Caribbean style, which was different for me. But, was DELICIOUS. There is a Italian restaurant on the second floor, which was absolutely amazing. The people of Barbados (this was my first visit to the island) were very sincere and kind. They appear to have a lot of pride in their country and strive to give good service. THe beach was like being in heaven. Yes, there were waves, but I could still swim. The temperature of the ocean was divine. The water felt like silk against my skin. There was no rain and I was there from June 19 thru June 25th. The beach had a constant breeze. Captain Sam took us for a catamaran ride (which is included in the package) and we tipped him $5. Captain Sam was very knowledgable about sailing and is a no nonsense kind of guy who keeps an eye out on the beach along with a few other nice guys. The hotel room was clean, fresh and had excellent air conditioner along with a ceiling fan. The landscaper keeps the grounds impeccable. Again, I would only suggest to upgrade with more modern light fixtures, paint etc. But, I can't complain. I had the time of my life with my husband. We will be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for room 206. It is the best view of the ocean.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank AGAPEMOU25
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stay here a couple of years ago during the first week of June when our daughter was only four. My husband and I got married here and I would say we had the best day ever as we just booked the wedding and holiday package with Virgin and the day went well. We met so many nice people and enjoyed their company while my daughter enjoyed her time at the kids club which was open until 9pm and so this meant my new husband and I could enjoy some time together.
I would highly recommend this resort as the food in the restaurants were great and varied. Drinks and cocktails flowed all day. The nightly entertainment was very good as a singer or band would sing to us, there were a couple of entertainment shows which were very entertaining.
This was my daughter's first long haul holiday and she said she loved it so much that she still talks about it now.
We will be returning here in the future but we still have a few more islands to venture to in the caribbean before we return to Barbados again.

All in all a great holiday with some wonderful memories of our wedding day.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank FamilyBlair
Wickford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

This is the first review I have ever written but feel so strongly about this holiday felt compelled to share my views . Food wonderful good variety and service was excellent. Room our room was on the ground floor we were offered an upgrade but liked our room and the position of it so much we declined. The bed was comfy the air con worked and it was large spacious with lots of storage and hanging space. Weather too hot for me but hotel cant control that. Beach sand like salt plenty of beach chairs and staff to cater for your every whim. Staff in restaurants were all really friendly and could not do enough to help sometimes they were a bit slow but why not its hot and sticky and thats the barbados way laid back and friendly if you want quick go somewhere else . The birds that everyone talks about are fine I was expecting to walk into Alfred Hitchcock film set of the birds infact they dont come near less encouraged or you leave your food unattended i think some people just want to moan about something. I read a review that said the drinks options were limited and it only deserved a 2 star and us brits dont expect as much as them americans do well \i can only say I think he was reviewing the wrong hotel because there was every cocktail known to man and soft drink plus red white wine and beers obviously this person was used to champagne and caviar. If your just thinking about going here stop thinking and book .

Room Tip: I liked the ground floor we were in rooms 107 106 109 french doors opened straight onto the garde...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
11 Thank janchurch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

We had a amazing time at turtle beach!! The staff were all very friendly and would go that extra mile to make you happy. The food was very good and we didn't have one bad meal in 10 nights we stayed there. The rooms were clean and over all the whole complex was too.We definitely would go next year! We had a fantastic time!!! It was well worth the money.

• Stayed June 2012
7 Thank Brownbodies
West Chiltington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

I wont waffle..................our 8th time to Barbados, 1st time here and 1st time to South Coast
Hotel comments
Location OK, not too much REAL barbados nearby, sea rough so no local snorkelling
Reception - grumpy and inefficient mostly when Crystal on duty. She talks a good job but little action follows!
Restaurants - food was pretty good and varied but often ran out so be prepared to hang about and hope someone really is doing something about it!
Bars - all good and plenty of it, half of the bar staff seemed very unhappy though, almost like they don't want to be there. The other half were superb and pleasant.
Beach - a bit crowded at times but nice sand and waves - fun to play in the sea - swimmers only though as a strong current exists. BE CAREFUL!
Sports - these were quite good but one memeber seemed to think he was doing you a big favour by letting you use his equipment. Sad I'd say.
Rooms - beds are Soooooo comfy, home from home. Watch the terminology for Sea View, they pretty much all are so you may be bemused when you are right back behind the garden - you can still see the sea in the distance though!
House keeping - not bad although you do have to beg for more towels
All in all, not bad but the West Coast in better.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank WestChiltChap
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

I loved the comfortable setting of the room with thw flat screen TV, private balcony with beach view, refrigerator, spacious bathroom, quality house keeping. This was the first time my room looked like the one on their website. Great job Turtle Beach. I would like to give praise to thw front desk, bar, and beach attendants. Lastly, thank you to OHPsalms, LLC the Big O traveling family, I had an awesome time!

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank ariesborn4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dover
Ocean Two Resort & Residences
Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels
Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels
#5 of 26 in Saint James Parish
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,733 reviews

Been to Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels? Share your experiences!