I stayed there May 2014 in an ocean front junior suite. I found the room to look like the picture, it was clean and neat. Plenty of space. I was in room 310 which had a beautiful view of both the beach and pool. Ocean was close enough to throw a rock into.Plenty of hot water and good water pressure. air conditioned but had motion sensors so could be tricky to use. Two major negatives were that there was only one available outlet for me to use and it was located by the tv??? not in the bathroom (ladies not plugs for your stuff near a mirror) and the bed was hard as a rock. I could not have slept another night on that bed.
Check in was easy and friendly, the lobby was open and very nice. Decor was nice through out into the dining areas. Service was good for refills and such. The meals were what you would expect for an all inclusive (im vegan) , decent and filling but a lot of the same thing daily. The alcohol however was sub par, the house liquor was just plain bad and the choices for anything else were very limited. Did very little drinking here, which Im sure the resort does not mind. The hotel is located in walking distance of st lawrence gap which had plenty of restaurants and bars, some pricier than others. Seemed fairly safe day and early evening but a lot of vendors to walk past. We used an awesome cab driver while there whose rates were the best and he was very honest. I think his name was Ernesto his number is 1 246 230 1986. He will pick you up in a nice car and he does tours as well.
The beaches and water were amazing. The hotel's private beach was worth it. Plenty of white sand and turquoise water. The chairs are soft with tops you can adjust for sunning, no charge. They have staff on the beach to help and water activities right there for you. My only complaint was there was no real service for drinks or food on the beach. Would have been nice to get a drink while tanning. The wind from the ocean is nice and there are plenty of waves for the listening. Be careful, I an easy tanner but had trouble with this sun...it is strong and will get you good if you are not careful. A few vendors but not as bad as most places.
Did some diving with ECO divers (Andrew), they were great. All in all, a nice place but i think the hard bed may be a deal breaker for me...my neck was stiff for a week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 161 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised kids Club (for children aged 4-12) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. Complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados