Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels
Dover Beach Hotel(Dover)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$119
Infinity on the Beach(Dover)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$141
Southern Palms(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$238
  • Pool
Divi Southwinds Beach Resort(Christ Church Parish)
US$196
US$192
Time Out Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$131
Rostrevor Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$132
South Gap Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$143
Official Site
Monteray Apartment Hotel(Christ Church Parish)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$97
Ocean Two Resort & Residences(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$214
2,823 results
All reviewscaptain samcrystal covewaterfront restaurantkids cluba la cartewater sportschelonia restaurantice cream parlourrum punchgreat holidayevening entertainmentdress codeboogie boardingred flagsister hoteljet skiall inclusive resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Turtle Beach from June 7-14, 2014. Great place! The food was awesome, staff friendly, room was spacious and extremely clean and comfortable.
Now for the disappointing part, the ocean water was very rough when we were there (perhaps it was just the time of year, the red flag was up the whole week), excellent for boogie boarding and splashing around in the waves, but not so good if you are looking for a relaxing swim in the ocean. That was not possible the week we were there.
I also knew going into the vacation this was a family resort so I knew there would be small children. I was just surprised at the amount of children that were present. A screaming 6 month old at dinner at the next table was not ideal. Overall however, it was a wonderful time. There was entertainment every night as well. On the Monday and Tuesday night there was a quartet of ladies called Virgo. All I have to say is Wow, can those ladies sing. Wonderful evening for sure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JennD1976
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Best holiday I have ever had.
Would definitely recommend.
The sea is rough but that gives you a lovely breeze so you never melt lol.
Fantastic kids club.
The gap for evening entertainment is walking distance and safe. People are very helpful and friendly and dont hassle you.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank janeyb2012
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was our second vacation to Barbados. Loved it the 1st time so went back for more. This time we booked the all inclusive with Denise from The Tropical Travelers and it made all of the difference in the world. When we arrived we were greated at the airport by Rose who was assigned as our own "personal concieger" and then on arrival at the hotel we received a very warm welcome from the staff at Turtle Beach. Rose spent time with us and help us plan our excursions and she personally called and booked the excursion and transportation for all events. Hotel was great and we had a wonderful ocean view. The staff was extremely helpful and curtious. This was a wonderful vacation! Thank you Denise and The Tropical Travelers for making it everything we were looking for!

Room Tip: Great view of the ocean from the upper rooms. Rooms with king beds are very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Donna T
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This has been the best hotel l have stayed in for the food quility, we were there in may this year, the staff were very nice and friendly, the room was very clean and spacious, The birds that came in the restaurant were a bit annoying but other than that it was fine, we used the buses at the end of the street very cheap. Plenty of good restaurants to eat in outside of the Hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor, 500 yds from the beach
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 466lesley
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I read the positive reviews and based most of my descion on them for picking this resort. Upon arriving at the hotel , its nothing amazing . Looks more like a motel and service to match. We booked a room for a family of 4 and got a Jr suite which had 1 king and 1 full size sofa bed. Which was not what I expected. I tried complain ing but was told I can upgrade to a 1 bedroom suite Ofcourse for more money. That bothered me. The service is bad especially if your American like me. I would think with a 4 star rating it would be exceptional but not close. Every negative review on here I have had the same exact problem. I would not come back to this " resort" the service is lacking don't know if they are short staffed , lazy or just hate their jobs. You order a drink from the BAR with maybe 10 people seated for lunch and it takes 10-15 minutes to get it. I learned if you want it get it yourself. Food was ok nothing to brag about . Read the negative first because you will experience everything just like us!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank ideliver
TracessYarde, Guest Relations Manager at Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Reviewer: ideliver

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Turtle Beach Resort.

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations and you were disappointed with your holiday. Our Business Philosophy focuses on providing exceptional service and hospitality and we usually receive high praise in this area from our guests. We will continue to emphasize the importance of outstanding customer service and its positive impact on guest satisfaction in our training sessions.

We are sorry that your allocated room did not meet your expectations. Please understand that rooms are assigned according to guest bookings. Therefore, if the booking is for an Ocean View Junior Suite this is what will be provided. If a guest requests an upgrade from a Junior Suite to a One Bedroom Suite an additional fee is required as it is of a higher category.

We do hope to welcome you back to Turtle Beach Resort in the future where we will aspire to change your negative opinion of us into a positive one.

Yours Sincerely,