“Best Place in Dover Beach - No Need to Walk Any Further”
Review of Sand Dollar Cafe

Sand Dollar Cafe
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
“Best Place in Dover Beach - No Need to Walk Any Further”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Although I loved the fried flying fish and macaroni pie, being that I don't normally eat fried food nor too many carbs, I went searching for something healthy. I'm so happy I came across the Sand Dollar Cafe and their delicious salads. Mouse made me my first salad and then Anne made me my second. (You have to try their shrimp one!) They make everything exactly as you want. Their sandwiches are great as well.

The food isn't only good, but the service as well! And it's not expensive.

Mouse and Anne are so incredibly friendly as are the locals who stop by for a beer.

I also met so many nice fellow tourists there - including a friendly couple from England as well as one from Australia and a group of guys from England. It's a great place to get something to eat and just meet some great people!

I know that this place is part of the reason I will be returning to Barbados.

Make it one of the "must experience" places when going to Barbados and you won't be disappointed. Hands down infinitely better than the restaurant at my hotel (which was rated the best hotel in Barbados by Trip Advisor. I ate lunch at the hotel the first day I arrived and never ate there again. Not even for breakfast.)

If you do stop by please tell them that Kara from NYC said hello!

• Visited June 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Best salad on the Gap!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great place to chat with locals, food is wonderful. Try the flying fish cutter, or chicken panini and definitely have the salad. All the food we had here was delicious and the service is wonderful. Thanks to Ann and Mouse (Anderson) for their hospitality.
We can't wait to come back.
L&D

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lynn155019
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely little place for a beer and lunch”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We sat at the counter of this little stall for lunch and a beer. Anne was delightful and went out of her way to cook some veggie food for us.

We had a good chat to Anne and her friends and got lots of tips for our trip.

I really enjoyed having a real coffee here as well.

Just pop by, take your time and have a chat. It's great.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank BLDN_11
“Best panini I have had”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Everything is prepared fresh. We have had the chicken and beef paninis which are delicious. We really enjoyed spending time with Ann and Mouse while waiting for our meal. It is a friendly place to meet others especially locals. We are getting a take away for the plane which we ordered a day ahead and it will be ready for pick up on our way to the airport. Can't ask for better food or service. Fun place to stop on the way home from Dover Beach.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Sea-Hawk-One
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely place, lovely lady. Great place to hang with locals”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Ann Is a lovely lady, she can't accommodate for you enough.

She will make you fresh cocktails, lovely food and all with nice friendly caring chat and a smile.

Great place to sit and hang with the locals or watch the events in the playing field in the gap. Located next door to infinity on the beach opposite the playing field.

Delicious food day or night and very reasonably priced and all cooked fresh.

• Visited April 2014