“Surf school with John-o”

Paradise Surf School
Ranked #6 of 10 things to do in Oistins
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Paradise Surf we offer Lessons to people that are first timers or beginners and tours for the intermediate to advanced surfers who just want to go score some good surf minus the crowd. Barbados is a paradise island that combined with your instructor, current Caribbean Champion Bruce Mackie, his patient approach, passion and stoke on surfing we guarantee that you'll be standing up ripping.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great wether and good vibes!
John-o picked my wife and I up at the place we were staying and drove us down to the south coast where we stopped at Freights beach. Conditions were great, and the water wasn't too crowded.
He spent time explaining the basics out of water and gave us each equal time and coaching while our experience differed. Within a couple waves my wife(who had never surfed before) and I were standing up and riding.
Wicked good times, I'll be back for more:)

All reviews
"turtles"
in 3 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

The instructors were extremely helpful and encouraging during the entire lesson. The lesson was matched perfectly for our group as we were all beginners. The instructors were patient and I always felt safe. They made the day fun and enjoyable! I recommend Paradise Surf School for anyone, especially beginners like myself, who wants a true Barbados surf experience!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had the best time ever. Never thought I can do it, but with a great instructor he made it really easy to understand. I would do it again when I come back to Barbados. It doesn't matter what age or body size you are, you will get the groove. Thanks Paradise surf for making the memorable experience.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Coming to Barbados I had never been surfing but have plenty of experience in other board sports so I was very excited to give it a try. My instructor was very professional and patient, with an easygoing but straight to business attitude. I had two lessons with him and received great pointers along the way. Having never surfed before I did not even expect to be able to stand, but with my past experience and great instructor I was riding waves in no time! The rates were very reasonable too!

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

A great young company! The staff was very talented... don't be turned away by their youth. Our instructor, Jonno, was very friendly and knowledgeable about surfing, the water, and the island. He went above and beyond by not only getting us up on our first wave on our first try, this trip was our first time trying to surf, but also by treating us to some local culture and some delicious fish cakes after the tiring surf lesson!!! If you want to learn to surf and have a great time doing so, go with PARADISE SURF SCHOOL!!!