“our holiday in barbados”
Review of Travellers Palm

Travellers Palm
Bristol, United Kingdom
“our holiday in barbados”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two weeks returned on the 17 march nice hotel lovely staff clean and well kept . The only down fall is that if you like a bit of night life dont go.
The bar at the hotel shuts at 9 oclock what a joke must people dont go out till then.
Also st james is very low key hardly and bars so if you like night life dont bother
In saying that lovley people great holiday just not enought going on for us.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rick R
Travellers Palm H, General Manager at Travellers Palm, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Many Thanks for your review and for choosing us here at The Palms Resort as your holiday home.
We do look forward to serving you again in the future.
We are a small budget conscious hotel but aim to offer that 5 star service as all clients are considered VIP.
I there is anything we can add to ensure that your holiday expecations are met we ceratinly welcome your comments.
All the best in the future from The Palms Resort Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have just vacationed two weeks at Travellers Palm Resort, Sunset Crest, Barbados. Apartments are as advertised. I found staff competent, obliging and accommodating. The resort is clean, well run with 24 hour security.
The environment is relaxed, quiet with an atmosphere to match.
Other services I used. The local grocery store has a shuttle service for you and your groceries.
There is a state bus service to almost any part of the island.
You can use the Beach House services to access the beach. There is also a pool and restaurant with a 10% discount. You pick up a pass at the office. A refundable deposit of Barbadian $50.00 is required.
Do I recommend Travellers Palm Resort? Yes I do and why. For the money you spend it is a fantastic buy and I am planning a return next year. Can’t wait to get back.
In closing – Nightlife in Barbados can be eclectic.
Seek and you will find, or you can ask at the desk.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Hubert K
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We had read the reviews but gave it a go anyway. Unfortunately the reviews are correct. We had no hot water for 3 days, & were told no one else had complained. Electric sockets not working, very soiled soft furnishings, broken glass top table, cockroaches. Television on in bar all day and cooking smells very invasive. I didn't go in the pool as it looked quite murky and the underwater lights were hanging off the walls! Manager did her best and was very pleasant, but really these apartments could be very nice if they were maintained and managed better. Won't be going back

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AlisonH172

Travellers are raving about these Sunset Crest hotels

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I needed a place to spend one night as my flight was getting in around midnight and I didn't want to disturb my friend at the hotel in Holetown I was moving into the next day. Since this was inexpensive, I booked here. BIG MISTAKE! If you need a place for only a few days they have a bad habit of telling you you're booked here but then pull the old switcheroo when you arrive and send you to their sister hotel the Halcyon Palm. Even though I booked almost 5 months in advance and reconfirmed 2 weeks before that I would be at Travellers and not Halcyon, when I arrived I was told I was being moved because I "booked at the last minute". Halcyon was horrible. The room was very musty/moldy smelling as if it had been closed up for over a month. The room was not even close to clean. The sheets had stains, the shower had no drain cover, there was dirt under the bed and dressers. The dishes (all 2 cups, saucers, plates provided) were filthy and grimy. I needed to wash out a cup with a bar of bath soap just to make tea. I was told by the night watchman (who gave me the creeps for some reason) that I would get free breakfast and lunch the following day for the inconvenience of being roomed here but the following morning was told I could only get breakfast. Since I was brought in during the night, I had no idea where the main hotel was but the receptionist promptly sent a taxi to pick me up and bring me over to check out. She was wonderful and very helpful. The man who cooked my breakfast was friendly but the food was mediocre at best...on the other hand, it was free. The pool did not look very inviting but the rest of the grounds were well kept. It's several blocks from the ocean, restaurants and nightlife if those are important to you. I would suggest paying more money to stay anywhere else but here!

Room Tip: don't book here if you want a good room!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Jereichel
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We originally booked in at the halcyon palm as reading the reviews it said the rooms were better. When we arrived we were told that we were staying at the travellers palm. The room was very dark and smelled musty. We were not told about the air con system or the safety deposit box when we arrived so had to go back to reception a couple of times. We asked why we weren't in the halcyon palms as that was what we originally booked we were told it was a random upgrade although it didn't feel like it at the time. The reception staff were friendly enough and helped when they could. We only had our towels changed once in the week we stayed and at one point they took our hand towels and foot mat and didn't replace them so we were just left with two dirty bath towels. Also we were without hot water for two days and there was no bottle opener. These are just basic things what you expect. We don't expect luxury from a budget hotel but clean towels are these really such a luxury! We have stayed in this location before and would certainly go back but we would not go back to the travellers.

Room Tip: I wouldn't book travellers. I have read good views about the halcyons rooms but even if you book...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karenpj
It is always disappointing for us here at The Palms resort to know we have not met a client's holiday expectations and for this we do apologise.

Travellers Palm is considered an upgrade To Halcyon Palm and sometimes we do extend that gesture to some clients. It was certainly not our intention to disappoint on arrival and hope we do get the opportunity to correct if you chose to stay with us once again.

Many thanks for considering us as your holiday destination and we do look forward to meeting you again in the future.

All the best from The Palms Resort Team
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed at Travellers Palm for a week in January 2014. We wanted a self catering apartment, as we wanted to experience the local food.

The layout of the apartment was excellent, the Reception staff very helpful, and the maid was lovely and did a great job.

However, the apartment was much further away from the centre of Holetown, than we had expected, and for elderly people, this could be a problem. Moreover, access to the reception and the upstairs rooms was not easy when carrying luggage.

Also, the apartment was not very well equipped. For example, there was no bottle opener, vegetable knife or dish cloth. The oven didn’t work, and only two of the hot plates worked.

We also had problems with the hot water, and had to have cold showers on two occasions.

Our room overlooked the dining area, and the staff had the television on all day, which was very annoying, and distracting. Also, the staff in the dining area were only friendly to those who had meals there.

There were only a small number of sunbeds (you had to pay for a beach towel) and for some reason, guests at their associate apartment – Halcyon Palm – sometimes decided to come down and use the sunbeds at Travellers Palm. One family of four (2 adults and 2 children) thought it a great idea to take over 5 sunbeds.

Lastly, Travellers Palm held a Karaoke every Friday night. This was advertised as being from 5.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m. However, when we arrived back at the apartment at 10.00 p.m. after a lovely meal in Holetown (at the Mews), the Karaoke was still going, and did not finish until 11.00 p.m. This was extremely annoying.

As a result, we would never return to Travellers Palm. This is a shame, as the above irritations could easily be avoided if the management took more care.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jimmy W
Warm Greetings from all of us here at The Palms Resort.
I do apologise for all the inconveniences and occurrences during your stay with us as it is our aim to ensure that all guest have a memorable and unforgettable stay with us as we aim to meet your holiday expectations.

If given the opportunity once again we will ceratinly endeavour to correct any shortcomings during your last holiday .

All the best to you from The Palms Resort Team
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2014

If you are looking for a budget holiday then this is for you. Apartment was very basic but kept clean, the maids are lovely and hard working. Reception staff very helpful. We did have a problem with the water, either no hot water or no water at all. Security man is very friendly and always willing to help with any problems. Good size pool although looks a bit murky sometimes, also the restaurant could have some music playing and not close so early....2pm. The only entertainment is on a Friday, however that finishes at 11pm. This maybe due to lack of tourists as I found it exceptionally quiet everywhere, there was only a handful of people staying in the block. I have been to Barbados around 15 times, but have not been since 1999, I did have a shock as all the beaches in Holetown, St James have gone leaving only narrow strips of sand. In some parts you could not walk along the waters edge as the sea was too deep or choppy to pass. It is a real shame to see this and cannot understand why they have not done anything about it sooner. You can access Sandy Lane beach by hopping on the bus as very hard to get to now on foot. If you want to have a relaxing massage on the beach then look for Bongo Man at Sandy Lane, very good massage and very cheap. It still is a beautiful island with some lovely places to visit. There is plenty of things to do and see if you are willing to look for it, good night life in South Coast you can get a bus over but will have to get a taxi home.
The South Coast beaches remain the same with plenty of sand.

Room Tip: Choose 1st floor apartments as they do have a good size balcony.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SCRAPS131
Many thanks for choosing The Travellers Palm Hotel as your accomodation getaway. It is certainly a pleasure reading your comments as it is the policy of The palms Resort to ensure that each guest has enjoyed a wonderful experience with us and in Barbados as well.
I do apologise for any inconveninces caused during your stay and hope that we are given an opportunity to correct in the future.
Thanking you from The Team at The Palms Resort for your review and we look forward to serving you soon again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunset Crest
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,013 reviews
Halcyon Palm
Halcyon Palm
#1 of 4 in Sunset Crest

Been to Travellers Palm? Share your experiences!