“Lovely Family Vacation”
Review of Travellers Palm

Travellers Palm
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We are just back from a long deserved break in beautiful Barbados! Staying at Travellers Palm was a great decision. The apartment layout of the units was as advertised and spacious enough for the kids. We chose a room poolside, so it was nice to sit outside on the verandah and let them have fun in the pool. The general surroundings of the resort was always clean and well kept, safety was never an issue as the security was always visible. I really enjoyed the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, both the cleaning staff and the office/reception. They always had great suggestions for places to eat, kid-friendly activities/beaches and fun things to do on the island. The location of the resort on the west coast lends itself to a quieter vacation but we liked that, additionally, the fact that it was nestled in a neighborhood, we never felt the coldness and bustle of a hotel. The kids had a great time, and as parent on a family holiday, that's what really matters!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms with kids (not toddlers)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Apple B

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hi just spent a week at the travellers palm my wife and I just wanted a chill out holiday and to discover the magical barbados for the first time,having booked this holiday before reading any reviews I am glad that I did as I found the staff were wonderful,very helpful and very hard working.yes the apartment was not top class but neither was the price! Having since seen the reviews from other customers I think that some people have perhaps unrealistic expectations of what thay shoud be getting for there money.living in the part of the uk that we do we could hardly pitch a tent for the same money so well done barbados and the travellers palm you are wonderful an I cannot wait to come back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Richard L
Travellers Palm H, General Manager at Travellers Palm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thanking you for your review as all reviews are important to us here at The Palms Resort.

I am happy that we met your holiday exopectations and do look forward to meeting you here as your second home .
It is our aim to make all customers happy but do respect the fact that each person differs in their expectations.

All the best from The Palms Resort Team and we do look forward to serving you soon again.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two weeks returned on the 17 march nice hotel lovely staff clean and well kept . The only down fall is that if you like a bit of night life dont go.
The bar at the hotel shuts at 9 oclock what a joke must people dont go out till then.
Also st james is very low key hardly and bars so if you like night life dont bother
In saying that lovley people great holiday just not enought going on for us.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rick R

Many Thanks for your review and for choosing us here at The Palms Resort as your holiday home.
We do look forward to serving you again in the future.
We are a small budget conscious hotel but aim to offer that 5 star service as all clients are considered VIP.
I there is anything we can add to ensure that your holiday expecations are met we ceratinly welcome your comments.
All the best in the future from The Palms Resort Team

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have just vacationed two weeks at Travellers Palm Resort, Sunset Crest, Barbados. Apartments are as advertised. I found staff competent, obliging and accommodating. The resort is clean, well run with 24 hour security.
The environment is relaxed, quiet with an atmosphere to match.
Other services I used. The local grocery store has a shuttle service for you and your groceries.
There is a state bus service to almost any part of the island.
You can use the Beach House services to access the beach. There is also a pool and restaurant with a 10% discount. You pick up a pass at the office. A refundable deposit of Barbadian $50.00 is required.
Do I recommend Travellers Palm Resort? Yes I do and why. For the money you spend it is a fantastic buy and I am planning a return next year. Can’t wait to get back.
In closing – Nightlife in Barbados can be eclectic.
Seek and you will find, or you can ask at the desk.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Hubert K
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We had read the reviews but gave it a go anyway. Unfortunately the reviews are correct. We had no hot water for 3 days, & were told no one else had complained. Electric sockets not working, very soiled soft furnishings, broken glass top table, cockroaches. Television on in bar all day and cooking smells very invasive. I didn't go in the pool as it looked quite murky and the underwater lights were hanging off the walls! Manager did her best and was very pleasant, but really these apartments could be very nice if they were maintained and managed better. Won't be going back

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AlisonH172
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I needed a place to spend one night as my flight was getting in around midnight and I didn't want to disturb my friend at the hotel in Holetown I was moving into the next day. Since this was inexpensive, I booked here. BIG MISTAKE! If you need a place for only a few days they have a bad habit of telling you you're booked here but then pull the old switcheroo when you arrive and send you to their sister hotel the Halcyon Palm. Even though I booked almost 5 months in advance and reconfirmed 2 weeks before that I would be at Travellers and not Halcyon, when I arrived I was told I was being moved because I "booked at the last minute". Halcyon was horrible. The room was very musty/moldy smelling as if it had been closed up for over a month. The room was not even close to clean. The sheets had stains, the shower had no drain cover, there was dirt under the bed and dressers. The dishes (all 2 cups, saucers, plates provided) were filthy and grimy. I needed to wash out a cup with a bar of bath soap just to make tea. I was told by the night watchman (who gave me the creeps for some reason) that I would get free breakfast and lunch the following day for the inconvenience of being roomed here but the following morning was told I could only get breakfast. Since I was brought in during the night, I had no idea where the main hotel was but the receptionist promptly sent a taxi to pick me up and bring me over to check out. She was wonderful and very helpful. The man who cooked my breakfast was friendly but the food was mediocre at best...on the other hand, it was free. The pool did not look very inviting but the rest of the grounds were well kept. It's several blocks from the ocean, restaurants and nightlife if those are important to you. I would suggest paying more money to stay anywhere else but here!

Room Tip: don't book here if you want a good room!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Jereichel
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We originally booked in at the halcyon palm as reading the reviews it said the rooms were better. When we arrived we were told that we were staying at the travellers palm. The room was very dark and smelled musty. We were not told about the air con system or the safety deposit box when we arrived so had to go back to reception a couple of times. We asked why we weren't in the halcyon palms as that was what we originally booked we were told it was a random upgrade although it didn't feel like it at the time. The reception staff were friendly enough and helped when they could. We only had our towels changed once in the week we stayed and at one point they took our hand towels and foot mat and didn't replace them so we were just left with two dirty bath towels. Also we were without hot water for two days and there was no bottle opener. These are just basic things what you expect. We don't expect luxury from a budget hotel but clean towels are these really such a luxury! We have stayed in this location before and would certainly go back but we would not go back to the travellers.

Room Tip: I wouldn't book travellers. I have read good views about the halcyons rooms but even if you book...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karenpj

It is always disappointing for us here at The Palms resort to know we have not met a client's holiday expectations and for this we do apologise.

Travellers Palm is considered an upgrade To Halcyon Palm and sometimes we do extend that gesture to some clients. It was certainly not our intention to disappoint on arrival and hope we do get the opportunity to correct if you chose to stay with us once again.

Many thanks for considering us as your holiday destination and we do look forward to meeting you again in the future.

All the best from The Palms Resort Team

#3 of 3 in Worthing
Halcyon Palm
Halcyon Palm
#3 of 4 in Sunset Crest

Been to Travellers Palm? Share your experiences!