“Great place to stay on budget”

All Seasons Resort Europa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sunset Crest
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Hotel basic but an excellent base would recommend staff very helpful rooms spotless great base to explore the island. Bus service to all parts of island every couple of minutes. 1st&2nd street just 10 mins walk beach also ten mins walk but ask for Denis and he'll give you a lift and pick you up at no cost.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Virgin Holidays
1  Thank Stephen C
SeasonsAll, General Manager at All Seasons Resort Europa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write you review.

Thank you also for recognizing that the hotel is an excellent base to explore the island.
We appreciate that you noticed the spotless rooms and our friendly staff.

We hope to see you back soon! :)

There are newer reviews for All Seasons Resort Europa

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Ok my friend and I wanted peace and quite but maybe this was just too quite?? Stayed at All Seasons last November 2013 and this place is nice for a self-catering it was clean which is always a bonus.The grounds are kept nice and it was great to see the monkeys traveling by in the early mornings.We stayed in apartment No 4 which is not in the main hotel building but across the road which was ok the only problem is those little apartments don't come with air-conditioning and boy do you need it-cost an extra $200 for the 2wks we were there-felt very ripped off.
The Restaurant at the hotel was ok,food not bad though shocked a staff member who showed us there special menu for English visitors -this was an Indian menu and both my friend and I said we don't like Indian food to which he replied "but English love Indian food" he was shocked!!!!!!
Just a short walk from Hotel is an Indian Restaurant which seemed popular with other guest,s though if sitting outside in the evenings your night can be ruined when the restaurant has karaoke on and you can,t get away from the noise of people who sound like there trying out for the X-Faxtor.
All Seasons was dead and very,very quite in the evenings hardly anyone around the bar and it was all shut-up by 10- 10.30pm which was a shame,
This was my first time in Barbados and it was a let down I found it very Expensive going self-catering -as we were on the West Coast I found it really hard to see why it was called the Platinum Coast- nothing Platinum about the Area we stayed in, Sandy Lane beach is a let down too,
I did ask our Virgin Rep why was it so quite and nothing to do -he said Barbados was trying to improve it,s image and a lot of evening tours had been cancelled and being improved as there had been lots of complaints from holidays makers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and discovered the Asian Spices Restaurant while taking a walk during our recent visit to Barbados. It is located at the All Seasons Resort which is in a quiet residential neighborhood a short walk from the beach at Sandy Lane Bay. We went back to our hotel and suggested that we try the Asian Spices Restaurant as we both enjoy Indian cuisine. What an excellent choice we made. The service was very friendly and the food was excellent. We would highly recommend this hidden gem.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank LamarB

Dear Lamar,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review of our new Indian restaurant, Asian Spice.

It's very encouraging to read that you made an excellent choice & that you found the service & food to be excellent as well.
Thank you also that you would recommend us as a hidden gem to others.

The next time you come to Barbados, we look forward to serving you again :)

Reviewed 5 March 2014

When I came across All Seasons online, it looked amazing and I was quite impressed with the rate given the location. As some of you may be aware the West coast of Barbados is known as the more luxurious coast and so the hotels are usually quite pricey. I have been coming to Barbados for 8 years and always stay in the same hotel on the South Coast so this was a big change for me. We initially booked for one week just to be sure that we would like the accommodation. After my first night I was sure that I wanted to stay for the duration of my vacation. This almost didn’t happen because (as advised by Nyoko) the hotel gets booked up very quickly. Luckily there was a last minute cancellation and so we were able to stay.
The staff at All Season Resort are extremely friendly, accommodating and do their best to ensure your stay is comfortable. They are helpful, in particular with recommending places of interest. The rooms are spacious, great facilities for basic cooking and cleaned on a regular basis. The ladies who clean the rooms are lovely. If you hire a car you can drive right up to your own little ‘house’ and park. You do not have to go through the main complex everytime you leave or arrive.
I would advise trying to book a poolside room as the garden rooms are slightly further away from the complex.
There is a small but sufficient gym for those who would love an early morning run or workout.
The hotel is in a fantastic location for all local amenities and getting around the island.
Close to Limegrove – which is lovely.
Cons – It would be nice for the doors on the rooms to be updated. It’s not great that you either have to be locked in or locked out if one person stays in and the other goes out.
Cons – It’s a shame that the restaurant only serves Indian food. Albeit lovely Indian food, I would love to have experienced a traditional Bajan restaurant in one of the hotels in Barbados. But I guess it’s down to supply and demand.
Cons – Wifi not always available which was a bit of a problem for me as I needed it to work whilst away.
Whilst I have a few cons, please don’t be put off by them. There are also some negative reviews on Trip advisor but I can assure you that if you are looking for affordable, comfortable, homely accommodation in the plush west coast of Barbados. All seasons has it!
It is most definitely a hidden gem. Do not expect Sandy Lane, but it is cosy, comfortable and great. Just like home, wish I was there now. For me it was my 5 star!
I can definitely say I have been converted and will now be staying at the All Seasons Resort Europa on my next trip to BIM.
Loves you guys and thank you for all of your help…Chanel xx

Room Tip: Try and opt for a poolside room as the garden rooms are slightly outside the main complex...but clos...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Channel,

We wish you were back here too!! :)
Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review. I am also thrilled that after staying at another hotel on the island for 8 years you have now changed your loyalty to stay with us :) :)

Your feedback means a lot to us and I do appreciate the suggestion about the padlock at the entrance to the cottages. I have been trying to source a modern locking system for these sliding doors for a few years now but unfortunately haven't found an appropriate one as yet. Changing the glass doors into wooden ones will take away the beauty of looking out into the lawns from the room but this is something that we are trying to find a solution for, & hopefully will soon ;)
For the choice of cuisine,you are absolutely correct, we used to serve Bajan cuisine for years but since it was so readily available ( from the local van vendors a few streets away) it didn't keep our guests eating in house.
Thank you for your compliments to our staff as we thrive for 100% guest satisfaction all occasions.
I'm glad you had a great stay with us and we really look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

OK...this is not a five star hotel, but it didn't need to be. It's not on the beach (though the beach is just a short walk away) and that was ok with us as we had just been in Mustique for 8 days at an amazing villa. For our purposes it was perfect: comfortable, CLEAN BATHROOMS, conveniently located and AWESOME Indian food right in the resort (the two nights we were there we ate at the Indian restaurant both nights). The people were incredibly kind and helpful. We rented a car and drove all over, which I highly recommend. Lots of shops and restaurants are within walking distance. The price is right, especially if you're interested in having a similar experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tonedeadfan

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write this review as it does give a true picture of what we offer.
It was good to read that you had a great stay with us and that you loved the food at our new Indian restaurant so much that you ate there both nights. :)
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Let me start by saving I have stayed at lots of glam hotels over the Caribbean, but I have to admit I love this place for its quietness and simplicity.

The rooms are much nicer in real life than the photos show. We are staying here now and have a large poolside room. The rooms are spacious and bright. ( I hate dark dingy rooms)!

The bathroom is bright and clean, a bit outdated but that's ok.

The kitchen has most things you need, including a fridge freezer and microwave which is great.
The bed is massive, you could sleep 4 people in it. Plenty of cupboard space too.

We have just seen abut 30 monkeys walking through the grounds. That has made our day.

Not far to lovely beaches and restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marie1234Uk

Dear Marie,

I am honored to hear that you although you have stayed at a lot of glam hotels over the Caribbean but yet you love us for our quietness & simplicity. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.
Your feedback means a lot to us.

We hope to see you back soon! :)

Reviewed 15 February 2014

All Seasons Resort Europa is a very nice resort to come to and relax if you want to get away from it all. The grounds a lovely, I have to say the staff do all they can within the constrains placed upon them by management.

But if you expect to be able to keep in contact with your friends and family over the internet, think again. It's not that they don't have "WiFi" they lack in both a stable internet and sufficient bandwidth. Although their current provider with existing technology offer Services of up to 100meg (without waiting for the new fiber). You will be lucky to get out of the resort with much more than a dribble of data onto the internet. The WiFi Access appears up but will either refuse to provide you an IP address or once you connect you can get no further than the network device in their back room. While I was there I monitored the network for several days after experiencing issues and it was not uncommon to have the connectivity to the actual internet fail 50-100 times for short periods during the daytime and consistently go out for hours on end in the evening. If you are lucky enough to get out to the internet the throughput is so low you can't hold a skype call or even maintain chat sessions. When it does go out and you call the front desk to ask them to once again "reset the internet" you are at the mercy of island time or as I was told once "I am bus working on my computer here, so I will get to it later when I can". Management's answer that they are waiting for competition to show up so they can get a better service is a cop out. Business internet has 24/7 support and service level agreements. With the number of users on this network and the importance of good internet to their clientele this should not be dismissed as a minor issue.

These issues however do not stop the staff from their twice daily call to ask "is everything ok?". Consistently repeating the issues only results in guest frustrations as it appears it is done to get a check mark for the call being made and no issues are written down or followed up on. It does however make sure that you have a twice daily wake up call in case you happened to be relaxing and having a snooze.

Bottom Line:

I would go back again for sure and stay here. It is a wonderful place to relax. I would hope that since the internet is an essential part of how we keep in touch with our families the management will take positive immediate steps to eliminate this area of frustration. Stop the excuses and just "Get It Done"!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dale_TN_Traveler
#1 of 8 in St. Lawrence Gap
Beach View
Beach View
#1 of 26 in Saint James Parish

Been to All Seasons Resort Europa? Share your experiences!