“Amazing value - will return” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunset Crest - Rival Enterprises

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sunset Crest
Sunset Crest - Rival Enterprises
New Hampshire, USA
“Amazing value - will return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2009

We were unsure of booking a place online but we were beyond pleased with Sunset Crest....the staff was very accommodating, the unit we stayed in was perfect, and you cannot beat the value. The Beach Club is great place and we loved being able to walk to stores, restaurants, etc. We definitely will stay there again!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
7 Thank NewHampTraveler

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

I stayed at sunset crest for 4 nights in June, below I will list the pros and cons:

Pros: Good value for money, it was very cheap for the room, which is basic, but well maintained with all of the ammenities you would require. This is by no means luxury, but when you go to Barbados you should not be spending much time indoors. The pool is also quite nice, and is very close to the apartments. The reception staff are very friendly and laid back. It's also a 10 minute walk to the beach.

Cons: Some of the furnishings in the apartments are a bit worn, the A/C was a little tempremental.

In conclusion Sunset crest is a great place to stay if you are on a budget, or not too bothered about having a luxury hotel. Everything you need is there and I had absolutly no problems throughout my stay.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled solo
6 Thank andyg7
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2007

I was a little apprehensive before I arrived - but what a surprise I had! A covered terrace with sofa and chairs leading to lounge./dining room with sofa, cable TV (some chanels free - other packages have to be paid for). Kitchenette - a cooker, fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster etc etc (who needs to cook when they are living in paradise?) Double bedroom and shower room with large shower. Soap, towels and dishcloth tea cloth provided. Daily maid service and the bed linen and towels changed every 2 days. Air conditioning tokens are paid for in the office - and the air con was essential as it's hot hot hot! Safe also is chargeable, but I felt happier having this facility even though the Barbadians are so friendly and happy. OK It wasn't The Ritz - but the people at the office were wonderful - NOTHING they wouldn't do for you to make your holiday better! Change your money there too - saves queueing at the bank - and they are giving $2 Barbados dollars to one US $ (The bank were giving $1.98). Didn't use the pool as it's undergoing renovation - but when you see the beach opposite the apartments WOW! it's stunning and so beautiful it's hard to drag your eyes away from the sheer beauty of it. You are warned to ensure everything is placed inside at night - there are always one or two bad apples everywhere and one of our divers had his suit stolen because he'd left it hanging on the outside terrace. The large supermarket is so COMPREHENSIVE - don't bother to take anthing! Waitrose products - Duchy of Cornwall biscuits - every cereal - different breads - it's a great place to shop. Essentail you take your sun cream as it is BAKING hot in the sunshine, and it's best to snorkel with a teeshirt on for the first week. Some excellent restauraunts serving top quality food (The Olive Tre, the Elbow Room etc) - and the Piano Bar for a foot stompin great fun night out. Cheaper food can be had a little cafe inside the shopping centre, KFC and a 'Chefette' plus a couple of cafes. Fabulous beach bar opposite the shopping centre which also serves good food - and this bar is on a beautiful beach! I've left part of my heart in Barbados because everyone there wants YOU to have a great holiday. It's a fabulous place!

• Liked — Simplicity and the wonderful beach nearby
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank Cycluingforesters
London England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2005

We rented a 2 bedroon villa on the Sunset Crest Resort at St James through Rival Enerprises who are situated on Flamboyuant Ave. The Villa itself was very good and we had no problems with it. However the information given by Rival Enterprises was not 100% accurate. They said we could use the Pools at The Europa (correct) and at Golden View (incorrect) we were turned away at the reception the receptionist stating that the agreement with Rival was cancelled back in 2003. The BAKU club is an absolute joke. Fistly it is derelict. It is run down and filthy. The pool is used by the local diving club for practice and is not the cleanest pool I've seen, the few sunloungers are filthy. my family and I just could not use it. The Bar and Snack Bar apparently closed years ago and the famous BAKU nightclub was closed down.
The beach at Baku and nearby beaches (including the public beach at Holetown) are little more than rock formations with little or no sand. I was very disapointed - definately not up to what you would expect from a carribean beach. Our telephones calls to Rival, asking the person who booked us to call and explain the miss info they gave us went unanswered.
If you stay in this area please be aware of the above. Also you will be approached by locals selling all manner of wares! they just will not leave you alone. I would also suggest that young ladies travelling alone should only do so with extreme caution, my own 18 year old daughter was hassled non stop by local lads with their unwanted attention.
I guess thats just Barbados, take or leave it. Personally, i'll leave it next time.

• Stayed October 2005
16 Thank Hutch001
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2004

My wife and I rented a one bedroom condominium in the Sunset Crest area near Holetown. We went in the first two weeks of the "off season" starting on April 16th, 2004. The beaches were wonderful as was the snorkelling and the locals friendly. This Island really does seem to offer a reasonable standard of living to it's population. We travelled extensively by bus which is cheap and efficient though at times a little scary. I mean the traffic, at no time did we feel threatened by the people even after dark and we walked everwhere in the evening around our neighbourhood. The reason I gave this review a low rating is that we had been expecting to make extensive use of the "Baku Beach Club" which looked excellent on the web. We found it very disappointing and did not use it after our first visit. We were told that the photos of it used in the web sites were taken a few years ago so take care not to believe all you see! I enjoyed myself overall but my wife did not. If we had it to do over again we would go a little earlier in the season and spend the extra to have a place right on the beach. Finally, don't forget to take a folding umbrella as rain showers are frequent but warm and of short duration. Our favourite spot was "Mullin's Bay" where one could get beach chairs, booze and food as well as excellent swimming and watersports.

52 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tamarind by Elegant Hotels
Halcyon Palm
Halcyon Palm
#1 of 4 in Sunset Crest

Been to Sunset Crest - Rival Enterprises? Share your experiences!