“This review is for the onsite Asian Spice Restaurant & NOT the Resort”

Asian Spice Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The All Seasons hotel restaurant, Asian Spice, overlooks the lush, green gardens and fresh water pool located on Barbados's west coast. Our relaxed setting provides a great location for our Indian restaurant. Asian Spice's menu offers a wide variety of authentic Mughlai dishes. Mughlai cuisine is one of the most popular cuisines in North India, whose origin can be traced back to the times of the Mughal Empire. Known for its richness, using exotic spices, dried fruit & nuts these dishes were prepared in the kitchens of the royal Mughal Emperors. Our chefs strive to maintain authenticity in flavour and aromas, by sourcing the spices from India. All the halal meats and vegetables are sourced locally to ensure the highest quality of fresh ingredients are used to prepare your meal. Reservations are recommended - please call us on 432 5046 or 432 1321. We can cater for group bookings up to 40 people in the restaurant. For larger private functions, we have a private multifunctional facility (1400 sq ft) to cater for special occassions. Please call us for further information. We also have the wonderful Asian Spice bar, the ideal place to relax before you eat. The bar is open to non-residents, so feel free to drop by for a drink and unwind in our lush garden setting.
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Just back from another wonderful holiday in Barbados (we go 4 times a year and always stay in Holetown but not at All Seasons Europa). This was our first time at Asian Spice and it will certainly be our last. It was a rainy night so we decided to order a take away. Our telephone order was taken by a hotel receptionist so it was long winded as she had to check everything with the chef/kitchen, we were given a specific collection time some 45 mins after phoning in our order. We arrived to collect at the allotted time only to be told our order wasn't ready, so we waited another 30 mins. Our order was finally brought out on a tray some 1 hr 15 mins after we placed our order. The dishes were then "counted out" at the till, we were then told that 2 items we'd ordered had been forgotten by the kitchen so we wouldn't be getting them. At this stage we just wanted our meal so we didn't cause a fuss. However, on dishing up our meal back at our apartment I was totally horrified to find that the prawn curry I had ordered at a cost of $52 BDS (which is £15 STG) contained only 4 (yes you heard right) 4, that's FOUR prawns. I was so shocked and disgusted I rang the receptionist back to complain, there was no apology, no explanation, not a word. All in all, I feel this restaurant is total rip off, we won't be back and I'll be advising everyone I meet not to go here. My advice is to spend a couple of pounds more (and believe me it is only a couple of pounds) and go to Sitar on 2nd St as their food is of a much better quality, they don't keep you waiting for over an hour, they don't miss things off your order and finally, their prawn dishes actually contain more than 4 prawns!!

4  Thank ClaireeTurnip

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I love love loved this restaurant and will definitely be back during my next visit to Barbados. The staff was very friendly (Christopher, and Jeremy are fantastic!) and they really made our first time in Barbados memorable. We can't wait to return! I was also really impressed with the great selection of Vegan and Vegetarian options. I have food allergies as well, and this was not an issue at all. The flavors of the food are so fresh and delightful, and the drink menu is great as well!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have visited Asian spice twice. I am quite happy with their menu. The appetisers are really tasty. The mains are just right and have great flavor. Naan bread is good. I am not very happy with the Biryani as it tasted sweet. I am not accustomed to the sweet taste of Biryani. Biryani is normally spicy and satisfying meal in itself. I hope the chef will modify this recipe to give authenticity to Biryani.
Asian Spice is a well kept secret on the west coast. It won't be long before people make a beeline to this good restaurant as they have done at the other restaurants like Apsara and Sitar.I wish them all the suiccess in bringing some good choices to the discerning Barbadians and the tourists alike.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had lunch at Asian Spice with a few Canadian friends. I was pleasantly surprised at the flavors and the variety of choices available. It was a wonderfully satisfying meal and we thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and very friendly staff who helped us with our choices since some of the food was not familiar to us. I highly recommend it to anyone who would like to experience the flavors of the east! I am looking forward to trying it out for dinner!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

My seven friends and I were so pampered as we shared a meal together at Asian Spice. We sat at a pool side table beautifully decorated and were served wonderful Indian food served in authentic dishes. The service was professional and friendly. Our server took time to explain the menu, and since we were all novices where Indian food is concerned, he helped us select some very tasty dishes. It was a most enjoyable meal and the surroundings,a beautiful mix of rich Indian décor with the lovely environment or Barbados were also very pleasant. Ever one of my friends commented they would highly recommend Asian Delight and we most definitely plan to eat there on our nest trip to Barbados.

1  Thank Yvonne p