We travelled to Colony Club in October 2013 for our wedding.
We booked a package holiday with Virgin Holidays and then booked direct with the hotel a wedding package.
Karene at the hotel was our wedding co-ordinator, nothing was too much trouble, very good communication via email before we travelled, everything was sorted by the hotel, all we had to do was turn up with our wedding outfits and relavent documentation.
Everyone at the hotel has to be praised for their customer service, right from the management to the cleaning staff, always smiling and very friendly. The UK has a lot to learn !!!
The hotel is a very nice place to be, very clean and gardens to die for.
Breakfast is exceptional, great choice and very tastey.
The beach is only very narrow (which is nice) sea very calm and clear. You are hassled on the beach by the locals selling jewellery, sunglasses etc but once told no they dis-appear, until the next one comes along.
Plenty of restaurants within a short taxi ride away, our fav's were... Tides, Cin Cin, The Cliff, Daphnes, The Fish Pot and of course the Sunset deck at the hotel.
The reception desk are happy to make reservations for you and call taxis for you on your way out.
We felt very safe wondering around St James during the day but didnt venture out of a night other than in a taxi to the restaurants and back.
All prices are in Barbados dollars so much easier if you take themn out with you but US dollars are also accepted, exchange rate is 1:2.
Car hire is also available at the reception desk, car is dropped off and collected from the hotel.
BOOK NOW !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An exclusive retreat with elegance and colonial charm." Where old world charm meets new world standards of quality and comfort. The 96-room Colony Club is the Elegant Hotels Group's flagship property in Barbados with lush gardens, healthy dining options, complimentary watersports and fitness classes, organic garden, WiFi, bespoke tours and more. Ideal for couples and honeymooners seeking an exclusive retreat with impeccable service in a stunning location, Colony Club tempts guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Travelbag, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Colony Club by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Club Hotel Porters
- Colony Hotel Saint James
- Colony Club Barbados
- Colony Club By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish