I just got back from Colony Club 3 days ago. I have to say I was a little disappointed. I will share the many Pros and Cons with you so you can make a good decision. When we first arrived the entrance is nothing grand and the outdated koi pool is not a great welcome, I would suggest removing it. The staff upon arrival welcomed us and offered us a drink, which was a nice touch.
The Pros of this hotel is the beach and pool are beautiful! The rooms are very nice.
The complimentary breakfast was fantastic and the water sports that are included were fun.
The Cons are the staff. It all seems forced. They will smile at you but that's as far as it goes. The bartenders are not lively or fun. They ask you what you want and that's it...it's a bar, wake up have a conversation, entice folks to have another drink. Same with the front desk, they have no suggestions of things to do, they just tell you to read the guide pamphlet. I felt so bad for the young couples on their honeymoon. The front desk didn't know where to go at night, and the hotel is very quiet at night. They did have a singer and live music on Fri and Saturday which was great. I would suggest more of it.
Overall I would suggest the Colony Club but do a little research first about the great places to visit on the island...there is no real concierge here. I would suggest the Jammin Catarman Cruise, so much fun and great staff. The Cliffs is amazing but pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An exclusive retreat with elegance and colonial charm." Where old world charm meets new world standards of quality and comfort. The 96-room Colony Club is the Elegant Hotels Group's flagship property in Barbados with lush gardens, healthy dining options, complimentary watersports and fitness classes, organic garden, WiFi, bespoke tours and more. Ideal for couples and honeymooners seeking an exclusive retreat with impeccable service in a stunning location, Colony Club tempts guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Colony Club by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Club Hotel Porters
- Colony Hotel Saint James
- Colony Club Barbados
- Colony Club By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish