We had 2 ground floor 'swim up' rooms by the small pools, in the garden and they were great and kept immaculately clean by the staff (despite the best endeavours of our teenage daughters to trash one every day!)
Front desk staff were very helpful and booked numerous restaurants for us, bar staff were attentive, beach waiters seemed to differ a bit and you could see when one of the better ones was covering it, service went from good to great.
Our only tiny gripe was that the food often took a long while to come and it wasn't much cheaper (if at all) than the many good restaurants within 10 minute can rides, so we are out about two thirds of the time. If you want to go to the likes of Lone Star, Cin Cin or the Cliff, you will need to book ahead and if you want waterside tables (which you will!) book as soon as you can.
All in all, apart from our "food impatience" it was a lovely stay and I would recommend you give it a try, especially with the big array of complimentary water sports. We were even lucky enough to see a big turtle come up on the beach on our final night and lay her eggs, which made for a pretty special finish to our holiday!
You do get numerous guys trying to sell jewellery, Aloe massages and trips, but whilst they are trying to sell, they do take no for an answer but are happy just to engage in conversation once that's been established...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "An exclusive retreat with elegance and colonial charm." Where old world charm meets new world standards of quality and comfort. The 96-room Colony Club is the Elegant Hotels Group's flagship property in Barbados with lush gardens, healthy dining options, complimentary watersports and fitness classes, organic garden, WiFi, bespoke tours and more. Ideal for couples and honeymooners seeking an exclusive retreat with impeccable service in a stunning location, Colony Club tempts guests back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Colony Club by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colony Club Hotel Porters
- Colony Hotel Saint James
- Colony Club Barbados
- Colony Club By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Saint James Parish