Fairmont Royal Pavilion
US$917
US$423
Coral Reef Club(Holetown)(Great Value!)
US$505
US$462
The Sandpiper(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$505
US$462
US$219
  • Pool
Mango Bay All Inclusive(Holetown)(Great Value!)
US$592
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Lantana Resort(Weston)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$188
Divi Heritage(Saint James Parish)
US$101
The Club, Barbados Resort & Spa(Saint James Parish)(Great Value!)
US$338
  • Breakfast included
All Seasons Resort Europa(Sunset Crest)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Pool
1,215 results
All reviewsafternoon teabutler servicepalm terraceocean frontsandy lanewater sportsprivate deckbeach clubthe ground floorthe managers cocktail partyjunior suitesthe cliffbeautiful beachswimming with turtlesconcierge deskcaribbean seabeach service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This hotel has it all. Our welcome was just superb.... possibly the best experience ever and got us very quickly into our holiday. Great food, immaculate service, friendly staff who are very engaged in ensuring the customers are enjoying their holiday. The breakfast is excellent, wide choice and all very high quality. Room service, daily turn down and cleaning are all extremely good and to a consistent standard.

The location is just perfect and it is easy to arrange all sorts of events through the concierge, all staff are so helpful especially Charlene. The manager takes the time to speak to guests, gathers views and is constantly looking to improve your stay. When all of the staff are so polite and helpful, it is clear that this is a well managed establishment, respecting the staff and instilling great standards for everybody.

WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!!

Christine & Mark

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the sea and are of a beautiful standard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChristineKey
RoyalPavilionHotel, General Manager at Fairmont Royal Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear Christine Key:

Thank you for your kind comments and letting me know Charlene made your visit memorable. We are very proud of our team and Charlene has been real asset since she joined us, I will definitely pass on your kudos!

We look forward to seeing you back soon and thank you for your great post.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I have previously left reviews for this property and am following up with regard to my first experience as opposed to my second experience.
Our first experience on Memorial Day weekend of 2011 left much to be desired, but the beach was so lovely and the property beautiful and upon further review on Trip Advisor, it seemed as though the manager really took pride in his property and cared about his guests having a great experience, so we decided to give it a second try Memorial Day weekend of 2012 and it was a complete 180 from our initial visit.
I cannot gush enough as to how fabulous our trip last year was! EVERYTHING was absolutely PERFECT!! We had the room on the first floor with private deck and butler service. It was almost as if our fabulous butler Dawn was psychically in tune with us. She would magically appear every time we wanted something without us having to call. While lying on our fabulous deck enjoying the privacy and the fabulous view and essentially what felt like our own private beach, we would just think of something (eg..hmmmm, I'm desiring champagne) and poof, suddenly Dawn would appear and ask if she could get us anything. This happened incessantly whenever we had any desire and within a short amount of time our desire was fulfilled. The whole staff was polite, accommodating and nothing but fabulous.
We are returning for 8 Nights again Memorial Day weekend 2013 and want the same room as we had last year as we want to replicate our experience down to the minutia.
The only detrimental thing about this wonderful experience is that every vacation we have been on since our stay last year at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion had us wishing we were in Barbados at the Fairmont Royal Pavilion with Dawn as the bar has now been set so high that nowhere has been able to live up to this PHENOMINAL VACATION!!!!!
I am counting the days to our return on May 22nd 2013!!!!!! IT CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH!

Room Tip: A must to stay on the first floor with butler service, although all the rooms and views are fabulous. I know when I am on vacation I want to be treated like the queen I was meant to be born and this gives me the opportunity to live the dream.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank michnma
RoyalPavilionHotel, General Manager at Fairmont Royal Pavilion, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2013

Dear Michnma:

Wow, thank you for your kind comments! I am very glad you felt we improved since your last visit; I will certainly review your comment with our staff, particularly Dawn!

Over the last year we have truly endeavored to improve our resort: We have sent a number of employees off island for training, have invested thousands of dollars in equipment, and have used feedback from our guests to focus on quality. We sincerely wish to deliver the best Barbados hotel experience to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back this May!

The Fairmont Royal Pavilion

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Old hotel but perfect location. Rooms are large, have been updated. First floor have a deck but you can easily see down to it from the more private very large balcony from the rooms on the third floor. Beach is perfect. Can snorkel with sea turtles for free right off the beach. No spa. Good food, not great but restaurants less then 15 min away were amazing -but very pricey.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Donna M

Dear Donna M:

Thank you for your comments! We are working on our pricing, please check for great rates as depending on the timeframe we do launch specials.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

We stayed here in 2010, and I realised I had not written the good review it deserved, when we went back to Barbados in 2012, and on the first night in our luxury holiday rental, with various things being wrong, I asked my husband to call the Royal Pavilion and see if they had rooms! (We didn't actually go...) But it says a lot that this was the first place I thought of as a haven!
The service is wonderful here and all the rooms have a great sea view. There is also a very ample beach area (not to be underestimated in Barbados - our sunbeds were constantly under water in our holiday rental - Reeds House). Breakfast was good, but we didn't rate the food in the restaurant that highly, but then I would suggest that you go out to one of the many excellent restaurants in Holetown which is close by, or elsewhere. The cabaret entertainment was also a bit cheesy.
However we would not hesitate to go back there.
(Please note that the Trip Advisor system wouldn't let me enter the actual date of travel which was November 2010, not 2012).

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear UK Expat:

I regret you left another hotel however I am pleased you checked-in with us here at The Fairmont Royal Pavilion! We have a great combination of wonderful staff, great location, and quality Brand standards with Fairmont which makes us unique amongst other resorts in Barbados and the Caribbean.

Indeed there are many excellent restaurants on the island of Barbados and yes, in the past we could have done better with our dining offerings. This said, Royal Pavilion has come a long way and have been working hard to improve: We have been investing in both training our staff and in the purchase of equipment. Our ingredients are of the best quality as we searched for the very best suppliers… I am pleased to report comments have been excellent our clients are eating in more than ever.

Thanks for the comments!

Reviewed 7 February 2013

The hotel is 1hour drive from the airport. Checking in was easy, you are offered a welcome glass of champagne. The best rooms are ground floor and are very easy for anyone with walking difficulties as they are more or less on the beach. The 2nd and 3rd floor rooms are cheaper but they were last decorated in2003 and the terrace is small and enclosed.
Staff are friendly and the food was very good but quite expensive. You can order english news papers which come by "Paper Boy" at the cost of 9dollars a
day. If you want to relax this hotel is recommended.

Room Tip: 115-121Larger terrace.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Belle P

Dear Belle P:

Thank you for your comments, i am glad you enjoyed our resort and our Food!

We did refresh out Ocean View rooms in 2010 however more is planned this year in 2013. We will be announcing our upgrades shortly!