Lovely location on the platinum coast of barbados. Beach was incredible, waters crystal clear and sand very soft. Virtually every room has incredible view of the beach, and we could hear the sea during the night which was a great backdrop for a good nights sleep.
The staff are great, lovely people. Like most holidays it is the people that make it and they were all good eggs at the fairmont. Especially Ryan & Pearce. Sounds a bit cheesy but with both of them you felt you'd left a friend upon departing for the airport.
Room was excellent. Bed was huge and very comfortable, TV in room did not get any action, which was a good sign. Many evenings we made a later dinner reservation just do enjoy the view from the balcony which is utterly unparalleled. Can not overstate how amazing the view from the room is, it does not get more relaxing than this.
Not one day was there a fight for a sun bed by the pool or the beach, and all were comfortable and had ample shade which was essential.
This is an expensive place to visit. But that is the west coast of barbados rather than this hotel, which is in line with local prices.
My only small gripes are twofold. The clientele I found to be a bit irritating. A lot of Brits and Americans who were just dying to brag to one another (and staff) about how wealthy they are, which just felt completely at odds with the energy of the island and the resort. Average age comfortably 50+ whilst we were there.
The buffet could have had a little bit more variety also, e.g. Some salami/cold meats would be a welcome addition to the fresh croissants, cheeses etc. Aside from that buffet was very good, and fruit in particular was exceptionally fresh and appetising.
But these are absolutely negligble points in the bigger memory of an fantastic holiday in a lovely part of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the sought-after Platinum Coast, on a 1/2 mile long beach and 11 acres of lush tropical gardens, you'll fill your sun-kissed days and starlit nights with unforgettable moments. All 72 rooms and suites offer magnificent, unobstructed views of the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Several included services will make your stay even more memorable, including daily afternoon tea, WiFi, fitness room, tennis courts, a freshwater pool, non-motorized water sports, swim with the turtles, a weekly manager's cocktail and garden tours. Indulge your senses with innovative Caribbean-inspired menus at 2 beachfront restaurants. In-room dining available 24-7. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Holiday Gems, Fairmont Hotels, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Fairmont Royal Pavilion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Porters
- Fairmont Hotel Royal Pavilion
- Fairmont St. James
- Barbados Fairmont Hotel
- St. James Fairmont
- Fairmont Royal Pavilion Barbados/Saint James Parish