“Friendly Family run Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gasthof zum Baum

Gasthof zum Baum
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weil der Stadt
Gasthof zum Baum
Dallas, Texas
“Friendly Family run Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

This little family run hotel is on the edge of the old part of the lovely small city Weil der Stadt near Stuttgart. The town is easy to reach using S-Bahn line 8, the local train network from the main Stuttgart rail station. The town is located on the northern edge of the Black Forest and was once the residence of Johannes Kepler who revolutionized astronomy. The hotel Zum Baum would have gotten an extra rating if it had an elevator. The room I had was a single and not very large, but more that adequate, also my room and bed were very comfortable and clean with a nice view of the gardens behind the hotel and the forests beyond. The price was extremely modest by German standards and even included the breakfast which was very good. The lady tending the breakfast even made me a soft boiled egg.
In addition to the rooms there is a restaurant run by the Czernek family and Mrs. Czernek also cooks for the guests in the small restaurant that is part of the hotel. The food is traditional Swabian fare which is to me one of Germany's best cuisines. Mrs. Czernek provided me during my stay with three meals all of which were outstanding. This is not haute cuisine, but it was not possible for me not to clean my plate at each meal, the food was so good. The place is very friendly and it is located about 100 meters or less from the beginning of a series of wandering paths into the forest where a deer walked across the path I was on one morning. It is also very close to parts of the picturesque old city wall and the center of the town. I fully intend to return to enjoy more of Mrs. Cyernek's cooking and the chance to enjoy wandering in the beautiful forests nearby.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the garden and was very quiet.