“HEAVEN”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Linyanti Reserve
Wilderness Safaris Kings Pool Camp
Reviewed 6 October 2013

My children went to Kings Pool camp with the Grand Parents a few years ago. Since they returned they have encouraged me to go. So I went two weeks ago. Easily the greatest trip of my life! (I am well traveled). The camp is awesome. The tents are ten star on a five star scale! The staff and guides are the best ever. If and when I hit billionaire status, I plan on moving to Kings Pool camp for the rest of my life! It is not cheap but it is worth every dollar!

Room Tip: GO! Do not hesitate... Just go!!! You can pay for it later!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teddfw
WildernessSafaris, Manager at Wilderness Safaris Kings Pool Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you Teddfw for your fantastic review of Kings Pool. we are thrilled to hear that you had such a great time. If the billionaire status does not work out for you perhaps we can look into creating a position for you as a Quality Control Agent.
Thank you again and we hope you are able to return soon.
The Kings Pool Team.

There are newer reviews for Wilderness Safaris Kings Pool Camp

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I cannot speak highly enough of King's Pool. The staff were delightful. They were interested in out experiences and called us by name immediately. Our guide OD was excellent. His tracking skills were amazing and he seemed to do most of the tracking for the other guides. An early morning boat ride saw lots of hippos and a mesmerising sight of three elephants crossing the river from Namibia into Botswana. We saw some lions, a leopard with a newborn cub and followed packs of wild dogs through the rough terrain. On our last day, on our way back to camp we heard that a cheetah had been sighted. So we tore off and found it. A regal beast and not often seen at King's Pool. The food was fabulous and so much of it. We had a traditional meal one night starting with
the staff singing an dancing. An excellent night. I would highly recommend this camp.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We spent 3 days at Kings Pool midway through our African Safari. The manager Jacque and his staff including Michelle and Rikki was professional and friendly. Our guide ND was fun. We saw many great sightings although this camp was the least “animal- packed” of the three camps we stayed at (Rattrays, Vumbura Plains). The room was stylish and comfortable and surprisingly cool even during afternoon break. The food was excellent. Side dishes and starters were served buffet style and the main dish was served afterwards. There were many surprises throughout our stay including a secluded breakfast before we checked out and dinner in the enclosed party area. Overall an awesome camp that is compareable to the other Wilderness Premier Camps we encountered.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Loved this camp. Friendly staff, great guide - Alex. Fab food and great location. We had a choice of two rooms, numbers 6 and 7. Asked which one would be better, it was suggested that 7 may be better as number 6 was the animal crossing point. We chose number 7 and were not disappointed. We didn't look in room 6 but I assume all rooms are the same high standard. Our daughters bed had not been set up as they were not sure which room we would take, but when it was it was so cosy, complete with mosi net. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. Our first night sleep was a little disturbed and noisy and once we had established the next morning what it was that caused the lack of sleep we were fine. It turns out that a family of warthogs live under the tent and can get argumentative with each other during the night as they are fighting to find a warm spot. Early hours of the morning on another occasion I was woken by what I correctly guessed was the boardwalk being broken. Sure enough, the next morning the guys were out fixing it. Apparently the elephants had passed through and caused some damage. Food at Kings Pool is tasty, well presented and a fair choice, you will not go hungry. Game drives are fun and seeing wild dogs was a treat. I can recommend the late afternoon/early evening boat trip with a little bit of fishing thrown in for good measure. I personally just enjoyed my sundowner, I'm not into fishing but I was happy to watch the others no worries. Would I go back to Kings Pool? Answer is yes, I would go again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Kings Pool was the last stop on our 9 night trip to Botswana. I chose Kings Pool because we were staying in the Okavango Delta for the first 6 nights and I hoped that it would provide different game viewing opportunities.

First, the positives for us. The room was the best of the three camps in Botswana! I requested Room #1 and it was granted. The location is absolutely perfect if privacy and quiet are what you're seeking and the view is fantastic! Since it's the farthest on one side from the main area, you get some exercise and it's much needed on safari with all the eating! We had more wildlife in this camp than anywhere else and we loved it! I literally could view the elephants from my front door or deck on a daily basis.

Secondly, Yumpy Diye was our guide and I can honestly say that he is one of the best we've ever had and we've had many over the course of 5 years worth of safaris! His tracking skills are phenomenal and Diye tracked almost every sighting for the whole camp while we were there. His passion and love for his job are infectious and he worked really hard to find us good sightings when they were sometimes few and far between. All in all, we were disappointed in the amount of game in this area but we are measuring it against Sabi Sand, South Africa. We saw only one male Lion during our 3 days at Kings Pool but fortunately we were able to track two different packs of African Painted Dogs in one day! That really gets the adrenaline going! The hide at the water hole is amazing and I wish every camp had one, as we had some of the most amazing encounters with elephants there! Definitely spend some time at the hide if you go to Kings Pool. The massage one afternoon in my room was also wonderful!

Unfortunately, there were a couple of other negatives for us. We didn't feel that the management staff was as visible or hands on as the two previous camps in the Delta. We didn't even really know who the general manager was. The food was also a disappointment here. We gave it a 5 out of 10 as most of the beef or venison we had was really tough. However, the soups were very nice. Our last night, we enjoyed having a braai set up away from the camp. This was after we tracked the dogs around camp and even near the braai site! It was a lovely time enjoying song & dance and a very good meal while we talked about the days events!

Kings Pool is quite pricey which goes along with Botswana's philosophy of low volume/density and elevated prices. We don't feel that it offers good value compared to many other safari locations and this does effect whether or not we recommend something to our friends but we did enjoy our time at Kings Pool.

Room Tip: Room #1 is a wonderful location at the far end of the camp away from the main area, kitchen and staf...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marcianluanda
WildernessSafaris, Manager at Wilderness Safaris Kings Pool Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

We are very grateful for the feedback received and thank you for taking the time to do so. We are very pleased that overall you had a fantastic experience at Kings Pool, albeit a few disappointing comments.

We would like to assure you that the areas of concern have been addressed with the management and the Food Experience Manager overseeing Botswana.

Kings Pool Camp delivers a Premier offering and service, and we are sorry that this was not the case with your stay and we would welcome the opportunity to host you back in camp one day.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed for two nights in July 2013. The accommodation is excellent - rooms, food, service, employees were all faultless. The game viewing was good - not sensational. But the cruise along the Linyanti river was wonderful and thoroughly recommended. Not as beautifully scenic as the Okavango but the areas by the river are wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kirkmans
Reviewed 14 June 2013

OK, this place is called a "tent" camp. Now I was a boy scout and this is like no tent I ever pitched. The camp is located on a pool off the river, and it is a beautiful setting. The rooms are all on the pool and you are right at the edge. The bath was all tile and quite big, the king bed in center of the room (mosquito nets, of course), and a lovely sitting area near the front windows. Hippos, crocs, elephant right off your elevated deck. There are slightly elevated walk ways to all the rooms. The place is alive with birds during the day. Our room was nestled under a tree and the birds created quite a cacophany every afternoon. The hippos were "laughing" most of the night. The wildlife viewing was excellent, our guides were great, and we lucked out and had another couple in our rover who were loads of fun. The food was excellent, service ditto. This place is a little cool in June, but a hot water bottle in your bed each night and in the rover for the AM game drive and we were set. Afternoons were toasty and a light jacket was all that was necessary for the PM game drive. We did a river cruise one late afternoon and evening, part of the camps amenities, well worth doing it. So, if you are looking for a tent experience, this place really rates.

Room Tip: All Great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Linyanti Reserve
Nkasa Lupala Tented Lodge
Great Plains Conservation Selinda Camp
Great Plains Conservation Selind...
#16 of 71 in Okavango Delta
#25 of 71 in Okavango Delta
Xakanaxa Campsite
Xakanaxa Campsite
#25 of 29 in Moremi Game Reserve

Been to Wilderness Safaris Kings Pool Camp? Share your experiences!