“Lovely pub with excellent gub”

The Galley of Lorne Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Ardfern
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: STUNNING FOOD IN A UNIQUE LOCHSIDE SETTING. Our Restaurant with its massive picture window gives all diners unparalleled, breathtaking views across Loch Craignish. With a menu to rival any restaurant in Oban, the Galley of Lorne offers delicious and stylish dining. Enjoy pre or post dinner drinks or a dram of whisky on our comfy sofas, alternatively stroll a few steps directly into the Lounge Bar in the company of our spectacular carved oak lions. We like to use local ingredients that are in season including seafood and game. Take a look at our menus to 'whet your appetite'. In addition to our superb menu, we also have menus for children's meals and our own homemade desserts and coffee menu. Furthermore, there are always a selection of 'specials' to give you even more choice.
Worcestershire
“Lovely pub with excellent gub”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Galley of Lorne is one of our favourite pubs in the Ardfern area. We recently took a large party of guests to eat in the restaurant & we were very pleased with the quality of the food & the hardworking staff. Everyone commented on the beautiful views from the restaurant & the delicious meals that we were all served. We would highly recommend this lovely pub to others & are ourselves already looking forward to a retun trip.

Visited May 2014

Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
“Ok for a quick lunch!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We popped into the pub for lunch and had the fish and chips. The fish was okay and the chips as well, satisfying for lunch. The pub was fairly busy and there was only one member of staff who seemed to not be doing much but taking a long time to do things when she was, faffing as I would call it. I waited at the bar for almost 20 minutes to pay my bill and was close to walking without paying because of how long I'd waited with no contact or "I will be with you in a second".

1 Thank Jassumms
“Nice view, mediocre food, bad service”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The view is very nice but it s the only nice thing about this restaurant. The food is very mediocre at best. The service is terrible - everything takes for ever, requests like dressing on a side is mission impossible...

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Tasha09876
Reading, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and hospitable staff”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Just went for a walk to this pub and arrived shortly after opening. The welcome was warm and inviting and the drinks lovely and cold just what we wanted.
The food was great, my wife and son had tuna sandwiches and salmon sandwiches whilst i went for the large Scottish ploughmans which was great. The sandwiches were triple decker (my 7 year old only just managed to get his mouth around it!) with lovely soft bread. I had a nice selection of Scottish cheeses a chutney and a white and whole meal warm roll.
May come back again later in the week.

Visited May 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Oh dear again”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We've just read the owner's response to my 1 star review titled 'oh dear'.

Looking back on my review I'd probably give my review more than 1 star as the staff were at all times friendly.

However my girlfriend was not wearing lipstick that day and had had only a sip of her drink before noticing the lipstick on the glass.

Also, I did NOT return the replacement glass; I left it on the table.

She has excellent powers of observation - frankly I'm not the sort of person to notice these things unless pointed out.

Finally, I was there at the time of the incident, the owner was not.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member