“Great holiday-place!”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Avelengo
Padua, Veneto, Italy
“Great holiday-place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed there for a few days in early Jan 2014 for a yoga retreat: Great place for such an experience! On top of the yoga teacher (stunning! I wish I had her phone number! :) ), the place is just excellent -- I recommend, in particular, the wellness area endowed with two esquisite sauna rooms and a marvellous relax zone with a view to the mountains located in front of the hotel. Multiple hiking paths and the "Merano 2000" skiiing resort are very easily accessible from the hotel. Well, Hotel Sulfner: I'll see you again quite soon!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Efrem C

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

Well I wrote a great review and my computer did something and deleted it :(
So here we go again

PROS:
-clean
-staff are friendly and speak English, French, German and Italian
-location- the views from this place are STUNNING, and it is removed from the general hustle and bustle. I felt like we were in the set for Heidi or The Sound of Music!!!
-complimentary robes and slippers to use the pool/spa
-THE POOL AND SPA AREA!!!! It was fabulous. They had steam rooms, saunas, hot springs, relaxation rooms, tea room in the spa, indoor/outdoor pool with jets, indoor loungers, outdoor loungers All in all an absolutely fabulous experience
-The food was DELICIOUS!!! Mostly German inspired and VERY good. Make sure to try the apple strudel as the apples are all locally grown
-Breakfast(which was included for us) was great too, the fresh squeezed apple juice was a hit with our daughter who normally doesn't like juice!
-The playground outside is well equipped and also has a trampoline with a net around it, our 3 year old was in heaven.
-There are riding stables which unfortunately we didn't have time to make use of but we enjoyed going down to see the horses, rabbits and guinea pigs.
-There is a ski hill nearby, this place would be HEAVEN for apres-ski!!!!!!! We're already talking about taking a week trip there next year for some skiing :)
-So to sum it up- Family friendly, relaxing, clean and friendly and fabulous food!

CONS( and I'm really reaching here because I personally loved the place!)
-I wish the spa was open all day, it was only open in the afternoon/early evening and not in the morning which really limited our time to use it.
-location- its about 20 minutes drive up the mountain from the autostrada, the remote-ness of it was what we liked about it, but I guess it might not be for you if you were hoping to be closer to Balzano.
-If you are conservative or shy about nudity, the spa has a Nude Zone, which didn't bother me at all but it might bother some!!! There are still lots of things to do in the spa without entering the nude zone though, the relaxation room is outside of there and the tea room and quite a few other things, just thought I'd warn the less adventurous out there!!!!!

We've travelled extensively over Italy during the last year and this might actually be my favourite hotel so far!!!!!
Hope this review can help someone make their decision :)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank REBurwell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avelengo
Miramonti Boutique Hotel
#11 of 12 in Avelengo
Ansitz Plantitscherhof
Ansitz Plantitscherhof
#6 of 56 in Merano

Been to Hotel Sulfner? Share your experiences!