On our recent trip to Phu Quoc, we opted to stay here as most other hotels / resorts had been booked out for the New Years week. The hotel is very well located on the Long Beach and a 20 minute drive from the airport and 10 minutes from the main town. Although this resort was not five star quality, it was simple and decent enough for a 2 nights stay with very basic amenities. Our check-in process took forever, and since we were waiting, we decided to have lunch at their beach front restaurant / cafe, which was equally slow. We waited nearly an hour to be served! We tried a shrimp in coconut cream curry, stir fried noodles with beef and a thai hot pot…the shrimp curry was delicious but the hot pot surprisingly failed to wow us.
The bungalow allotted to us was clean and tidy, but sadly had very little lighting through out and the wifi signal was extremely poor in there. We had to keep going to the reception area to access the wifi, which sometimes, would fail to connect. the bungalow had a cozy patio where we would have coffee in the mornings. It was a nice place to relax and lounge around at the end of the day…that is, if you didn't get eaten by mosquitoes. Make sure you carry some mosquito repellant!
Despite the above, we had a very comfortable stay as we are not very fussy travellers. The resort was value for money, but with a few basic service improvements, could have been better. They had a John Tours desk at the reception, where you could book island tours around Phu Quoc. This was very convenient as we didn't even need to venture outside to find options. As with all resorts on the island, transportation is hard to find on your own…but the reception staff were very helpful in booking a cab whenever we needed one.
Ideal for large groups / families if you're not looking for anything fancy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 1.5 km far from the centre of Duong Dong town, Lien Hiep Thanh Resort is set in the long beach - a wonderful destination for those who looking for a romantic and peaceful vacation. At Lien Hiep Thanh Resort, you will enjoy quite and private white sandy beach, turquoise water, gently sea-breeze, lush tropical gardens, colourful flowers and the best services from active and friendly staff. Along with comfortable accommodation and plentiful hotel activities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Lien Hiep Thanh Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lien Hiep Thanh Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Lien Hiep Thanh Resort Phu Quoc Island/Duong Dong