This hotel has some good points and initially didn't seem too bad. The price is okay for Phu Quoc which is generally quite expensive and the location is good and the manager seems hardworking. However, many things made this an unacceptable hotel to stay at.
- On multiple occasions the power went out, sometimes staying out for hours.
- The WiFi repeatedly failed even when there was power.
- At one point the water shut off, and my partner who was mid shower was forced to rinse soap off with bottled water.
- Staff kept entering our room without knocking using a key whilst the door was locked, once before 7am, waking us up.
- No communication about hotel details like WiFi passwords or mini bar prices was given or left in the room.
- Strange orchestral music is blasted on the second floor in the afternoon, so unless you enjoy listening to musical covers of chitty chitty bang bang, do not stay here.
- No apologies or explanations were given for the failure of power, water or WiFi.
- Air con didn't work.
- Multiple times we were left waiting over fourty minutes for breakfast, even then they rarely got our order right.
A74 is not worth staying at, but better yet, don't go to Phu Quoc at all. The island is overpriced and overrated and is already mostly construction sites and tips. Huge planned increases in tourist numbers look set to destroy the island completely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to A74 Hotel, on beautiful, tropical Phu Quoc Island, just 35 minutes by "Air Mekong" from Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam. The A74 Hotel is “Simply the best” budget hotel on the Island, offering good, clean rooms, excellent friendly service in a creative environment. We love to welcome our guests to our friendly family style hotel, where we take a personal interest in both your comfort and interests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your A74 Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- A74 Hotel Phu Quoc Island/Duong Dong