“You get what you pay for”
Review of Sunny Boat Trip

Sunny Boat Trip
Warwick. UK
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 205 helpful votes
“You get what you pay for”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

You get what you pay for on this trip. I wondered why it was so cheap and having been on it I am glad I didn't pay any more.
To me tour of the south islands and visiting secluded beaches conjures up all sorts of idyllic images. The reality is that you are picked up at 8.30 , taken to a pearl farm because apparently the company subsidises the transport on the trip. Eventually you get to the harbour, our guide didn't even know which boat was ours and had to call someone
The boat is basic but that was fine until lunchtime when you are all made to go downstairs and sit 12 to a table for lunch. It was hot!!! For the first 15 minutes there is no lunch unless you want to buy sea urchins for a dollar. They are put on the table and no one tells you that you have to pay for them!!
If you don't want them then you sit there until everyone who does want them has eaten theirs and then the food arrives. We were far too hot and squeezed in to enjoy it.
The tour itself does not venture far from the harbour. There are no idyllic beaches just one sandy one completely covered in rubbish and very tiny
The snorkelling is good but you could do that anywhere on the island. Then you go by very hot bus to the beach which is amazing but we had less than an hour there.
I love boat trips and no matter where they go I usually have a great time but this was one of the worst. Save your money and your precious holiday time and either do a land trip or do your own thing.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank WendyTomes

Derbyshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Excellent Day”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I have been on the Sunny Boat Trip today and found it excellent. We are on honeymoon so decided to spend a little extra and have a boat all to ourselves rather than as part of a group.... The boat we got was still the same used for a big group so we had plenty of space to relax in.

Booking could not have been easier, we emailed them whilst in Phu Quoc with a few queries over 3 emails and the replies were all thorough and quick to reply.

They were supposed to pick us up at 8am, we asked for them to delay this by 10 minutes to allow us to get breakfast at our hotel first (which started at 8am) - no problem at all.

We were assigned Quan as our tour guide who was superb, very friendly, knowledgeable and his English excellent.

The fishing was great fun, the snorkelling a good experience and we were then taken to coconut prison and onto Sao beach - all of which was great and gave us a really good experience and introduction tothe island - I read an earlier review which says they expected to see 12 islands - ridiculous expectation as the trip is only ONE day.

The lunch was also excellent and ample - loads of food! Plus you get to eat the fish you caught earlier too! Very satisfying. To address an earlier negative review - yes they do feed the fish with the leftovers of lunch - after everyone has finished eating and again this was something that added to the experience - seeing so many fish of all different and beautiful colours.

At no stage did we feel rushed and we were very impressed with the whole experience, would wholeheartedly recommend this. If you can afford to do it individually rather than as a group I would recommend this, you would not be disappointed.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank YorkieMule
Concord, New Hampshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Snorkeling Trip”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Hello:

This company stayed with the agenda exactly--very punctual. They clearly explained what they would be doing in the beginning and stayed with the plan. Our guide had a heavy accent in English; however, he was knowledgeable and trying (and it is not as if I can speak Vietnamese).

Visited February 2014
5 Thank Laura B
Saskatoon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good Trip!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I went on the South fishing and snorkelling boat trip with my partner and it was fun! We did the private boat tour and had 7 people total on our boat for around $25USD per person. For this price I think that we got exactly what we paid for. The snorkelling was the best part. There was lots of nice coral and fish to see and I thought the visibility was good (not super clear but clear enough to be able to see) with very little garbage. The lunch wasn't anything special but there were many dishes to choose from like veggie soup, a noodle and seafood dish, fish, stir fried morning glory, rice and you could try sea urchin for $1USD. You get one free water and have to pay for any additional drinks $1 each. The people that were on the tour were great and made it lots of fun! Definitely a tour worth trying in Phu Qouc.

Visited March 2014
5 Thank Ashley M
Kaunas, Lithuania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Friendly tour”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We went to south island tour and also to sunset fishing tour. Both were good: transport, water, snacks - well organised. The biggest weakness is poor english of guides. But their friendliness pays it off. To sum up: Sunny Boat Trip is highly recommended!

Visited February 2014