After 5 weeks in huge cities, I decided to go to a quiet, lonely place for a couple of days to relax… and I landed here. Well, the room itself is not terrible it is just ways too expensive for what it is. The bungalows are charmless and cheaply built. When you go to the breakfast buffet you'll find half of the food trays empty and the other half covered by flies. The toast is not fresh.
The worst is their beach restaurant, though. You'll pay about twice as much as in the restaurants around and the service is just horrible. I once ordered a soup in the afternoon, there was hardly anybody else around and the waiter managed to forget my order. Of course, there was no courtesy for that obvious mistake.
I wouldn't go there. But actually, the whole island is crap. Just tourists (mostly Germans and Australians which says almost everything) and prices around 5x higher than on mainland Vietnam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the sunset side of Phu Quoc Island. "Enjoy Your Life with sun and sea air." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Thanh Kieu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thanh Kieu Coco Beach Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Thanh Kieu Beach Resort Phu Quoc Island/Duong Dong