We stayed for 5 nights at Cassia cottages and thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of this very special place.
The grounds and features of the resort are very well designed and maintained.
The normal sized cottages are arranged perpendicular to the beach. We were lucky to get the cottage that was the 2nd closest to the beach. From our balcony, we had a view of beach/sunset, pool and reception area. I think our cottage was 4B?
Here's a list of the features (indicated with ++ signs if we liked)
+nice decor, vibe and ambience
+++staff engagement and friendliness
+room layout and features, including good storage
+kettle with tea and coffee
+efficient air con + an oscillating fan as well
+mosquito net arranged every evening (although we didn't see a need)
+bathroom water temperature and pressure
+our great balcony, which included a clothes drying rack and yet another oscillating ceiling fan
+2 different seating areas, 2 chairs inside the room and one paded bench on our balcony
+two pools with lots of comfy lounge chairs
+lounge chairs in quiet shaded locations around the resort to sneak off and read
+lounge with 2 computers and a library with books and games
+special outdoor tented spa area for massages, etc..
+excellent fresh food - breakfast and dinner were excellent
+resort has its own fleet of well maintained motorcycles
- For the paded bench on the balcony, replace the foam pad with a thicker comfier one
- Improve the selection and quality of the motorcycle helmets
> Every morning at breakfast one of the managers (she was fluent in French, English and Vietnamese) would go from table to table to check on the guests and chat if you wanted to. In general, the level of staff engagement at this resort was the best I've seen at any hotel or resort in Vietnam we've been to.
> I agree with other reviewers about the quality and freshness of the food. I particularly liked the bar-b-q chicken skewers.
> I had a 60 minute Thai massage on two occasions and they were both excellent.
Cassia cottages is the perfect sized small boutique resort. Small enough to feel intimate and special. Treat yourself!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 58 comfy air conditioned rooms, many with internal connecting doors and all with verandas. Nestled in gardens of spices and flowers from our own collection. Infinity pool overlooking the sea, full Asian/Western breakfast and our special menu of fresh Vietnam-Mediterranean food. Evening films projected outdoors, daytime sun and beach. Tours of our own Spice Plantations for guests only, and all other services available, with Big Smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cassia Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cassia Cottage - The Spice House Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Cassia Cottage Phu Quoc Island/Duong Dong
- Cassia Cottage Hotel