We really needed 24 hours to get the feel of the resort but eventually got into the vibe and flow of how things worked.
The rooms are good but could do with a little TLC and our room (1A a large seaview) the a/c only just managed to keep it cool enough (but this is often a common problem with booking large rooms in hot places).
There are 2 pools in the resort, but they're very close together so if there are excited children (and why wouldn't they be?) the adults pool won't be an area of calm and traquility, but thankfully the beach is away from the pools and provided some much needed peace and there was never a fight for sunbeds.
Breakfast was nothing special and as others have commented you need to get there early (we don't usually), as towards the end of service things aren't replenished and there's limited 'cook to order' options.
Another personal niggle for us was the number of children in the resort (previous reviewers had similar problems with a large family), so if you're thinking boutique and quiet it may not be (possibly due to the larger rooms that can accommodate families).
The staff are great and always helpful and attentive and definitely make up for some of the other minor issues.
Value for money is always subjective but IOHO it's probably a little high on the cost for what it delivers (but Phu Quoc appears more expensive than other parts of Vietnam, but it is an island so probably should be expected).
I don't think we'd return if we're ever back in Phu Quoc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 58 comfy air conditioned rooms, many with internal connecting doors and all with verandas. Nestled in gardens of spices and flowers from our own collection. Infinity pool overlooking the sea, full Asian/Western breakfast and our special menu of fresh Vietnam-Mediterranean food. Evening films projected outdoors, daytime sun and beach. Tours of our own Spice Plantations for guests only, and all other services available, with Big Smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Cassia Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cassia Cottage - The Spice House Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Cassia Cottage Phu Quoc Island/Duong Dong
- Cassia Cottage Hotel