After hours of research on accommodation we really weren't sure what to expect upon arriving but we were definitely pleasantly surprised. We were welcomed with a cool drink and checked in before being shown to our room. It was gorgeous. A little villa with a balcony.. views from the balcony to the ocean and about 10 meters from the swimming pool.
The room was beautiful with cinnamon soap, fresh flowers and a beautiful mosquito net over the bed. Very romantic... pity considering I was travelling with a best friend! Haha!
It was a 1 minute walk to the beach. What greeted us was a beautiful clean beach with sun loungers, chairs and tables and weather to match! The staff were excellent during out stay and within half an hour of being there we never had to tell them our room number when charging drinks etc.. they just knew!
We decided to explore the rest of the beach to see what else was around and we have to honestly say Cassia Cottages has the BEST location on the beach. It is pretty much right in the middle and had a great portion of the beach. We went for a wander to look at other recommended resorts and were SO glad we chose Cassia. I wont go into other hotels on this review but feel free to contact me if you want further information on this.
Back to Cassia, the food was at times expensive, but faultess all the same.. the cocktails were expensive and tasted watered down, so we ended up sticking to the beer, our toilet got blocked a few times but they were quick to fix it when told of the issue... we felt a little rushed to get out on our last day... we actually had the cleaning ladies come in while we were out having breakfast and we had to get management to remove them as when we came back and told them we needed to still shower etc they sat out on our balcony. Management were quick to move them along and give us the time we needed to shower and pack! LOL
Internet was a bit hit and miss but there was a guy onsite that was always trying to repair it. Breakfast was great and had everything you needed. If you want proper drip coffee just ask them for it.. they use an Italian roast however which we found disappointing considering we were in Vietnam and Vietnamese coffee is cheaper for them and much nicer!
Overall I would recommend this hotel above anything else we saw on the beach.. and we covered the beach one end to the other... there was a large popular resort down further that had NO beachfront.. I personally would not have been happy had I picked that one!
Dont hesitate... stay at Cassia... its a true tropical beach resort that is perfect!!!! I have many more photos if anyone is interested they can contact me direct!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 58 comfy air conditioned rooms, many with internal connecting doors and all with verandas. Nestled in gardens of spices and flowers from our own collection. Infinity pool overlooking the sea, full Asian/Western breakfast and our special menu of fresh Vietnam-Mediterranean food. Evening films projected outdoors, daytime sun and beach. Tours of our own Spice Plantations for guests only, and all other services available, with Big Smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and HotelsClick so you can book your Cassia Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cassia Cottage - The Spice House Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Cassia Cottage Phu Quoc Island/Duong Dong
- Cassia Cottage Hotel