Tranquility Bay Antigua
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
COCOS Hotel Antigua(Jolly Harbour)
View Hotel
Sugar Ridge Resort(Jolly Harbour)
Hermitage Bay(Saint Mary's)
Tamarind Hills(Saint Mary's)
  • Breakfast included
Galley Bay Resort & Spa(Five Islands Village)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsliving roomwithin walking distancejolly harbourfull kitchenlaundry roombeautiful beachtime sharestove toplarge supermarketexploring the islandshirley heightsjolly divepatio doorslounge chairsst johnsunittimeshare
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Our family of four just returned from our weeklong stay at Tranquility Bay. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. It was a great value for the money. The accommodations were clean, the beds were comfortable, the kitchen was adequately stocked, the deck and living areas were super-spacious and the location was fantastic. Our villa was on the ground floor in the last building. Just a few steps away from the gorgeous beach, which was never crowded. I would definitely recommend skipping the all-inclusive option and venturing out on your own to enjoy the local cuisine. You'll find it much more economical and a delight to your palate. Just outside the resort pay a visit to "Miracles". She makes a delicious curry goat and jerked chicken that's sure to please. Jump on the #20 bus and take the ride into Heritage Key to do a little shopping and then visit "Roti King" for a good ole roti before heading back to the resort. Take the short walk or rent a golf cart from the front desk and drive to the grocery store and pick up the fixings to make a meal or two in your villa. On the way to the store you'll see a castle-like building that houses a Greek restaurant that everyone recommends. But at the bottom of that building is a door that opens to another little restaurant that's only open for breakfast and lunch from 10-12. One of the locals suggested we pay it a visit, and we're so glad we did! Great food and a lot of it! And for half the price of the resort food. At the end of the day, Tranquility Bay was a great place to relax.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Leanne C
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We are working on our relaxing, and found out how at Tranquility Bay. A Time Share resort right on Jolly Beach. Walking the beach, visiting the resort, or just watching the sun rise or set, is something we truly enjoyed while there. We enjoyed the Monday evening get togethers sponsored by the staff at Tranquility Bay as it gave us an opportunity to meet other guests share experiences. We met new restauranteurs and found out about some of the best kept secrets. We were there for about 18 days, and had a good time. The staff treated us well, and made sure all our questions were answered. The resort is typically Caribben, not luxurious, but certainly clean and not too badly appointed. The best deal is of course the water, it was wonderful. Watching the sun rise on our deck and set on the beach - a great day everyday.

1  Thank ugogirl143
Reviewed 2 April 2013

My family and I just returned from our spring break vacation in Antigua. We absolutely loved the island, weather and beaches. We stayed at Tranquility Bay and the best word I can come up with to describe it is "adequate". The Tranquility Bay staff were friendly and helpful when asked to help and our villa had plenty of space with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room, and living room. However, the livingroom furniture is the MOST uncomfortable furniture I have ever sat in. The absolute best part of Tranquility Bay was being next to Jolly Beach and Jolly Harbor. After sailing around the island and viewing all of the beaches -- we think Jolly Beach is the best. We also loved being near the Jolly Harbor and the many restaurants within walking distance in the area. Don't miss Acropolis -- the absolute best food of the week! I could have eaten there every night -- the lack of a picturesque view is completely made up by the wonderful made fresh from-scratch Greek food. The Jolly Harbor area (resort, Tranquility Bay, etc) has definitely seen better days -- I would say it is 10 years past it's prime, which is a shame because is sits on such an amazing beach. Tranquility Bay shares a pool with Jolly Resort -- the pool and pool area were fine -- no complaints, but I was certainly not "wowed". Our villa was expansive with a large verandah overlooking treetops, but it was dark and while appearing very clean, it felt dingy and had a strange oder, so for that reason we kept all of the doors open whenever we were in our villa. The resort gym was again adequate, not anything more and the walk there literally stunk as you had to walk by what I presume was a small sewage facility. Don't miss sailing on the Wadadli Cat and zip lining -- our favorite 2 activities of the week besides being on the beach. I also do not recommend renting a car (the roads and drivers are a bit scary) -- there are many taxi's and the drivers are fantastic -- the best taxi drivers in terms of helpfulness and promptness I have ever encountered! While we will definitely go back to Antigua, we will not stay at Tranquility Bay or Jolly Beach Resort, nor would I ever recommend to friends of family to stay here. Having seen the island and now understanding the many beautiful resorts that are available, we will choose differently next time.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere -- I am not intending to be inflammatory, but rather honest. The resort needs significant investment.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Victorialou11
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Just back from Tranquility Bay
Great Great Location and wonderfull climate
You can go as high end as you want with many gourmet restaurants close by
or cook in with a modern gocery within an easy walk great local produce reasonable prices also don't be afraid to try local restaurants we try to budget so we can stay two weeks
one week is not enough we meet so many nice people at this resort who return year after year the staff is very friendly and responsive this is not a new resort but is clean and well maintained

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Just spent a week at this resort and walked away w/ nothing but positives. The location and price of staying here cannot be beat. We liked it as it was a short minute walk to one of the prettiest beaches I've ever seen. The general area has several beautiful nearby beautiful beaches that is a minute drive (if you have a rental) or take a taxi. All rooms have a kitchenette or kitchen which will allow you to eat breakfast and/or lunch in your unit w/o having to worry about spending money for 3 meals out each day. It also allowed you to start the day at your pace. The staff is friendly and responsive to your needs and the grounds are well maintained. The property is a little dated, but never dirty. For the price, I don't know how one could reasonably expect more than what these guys offer.

One can purchase an AI pass at the neighboring resort for a day, week, or even breakfast/lunch only. There are a host of good restaurants at the neighboring Jolly Harbour, all of which are casual attire.

The only reason I gave Tranquility a 4 instead of a 5 is that the AC in the rooms were insufficient. I had several nights where the AC couldn't keep up and my wife and I would lie awake, sleep above the covers, and even had to use a cold towel on my back to sleep one night.

If staying in Antigua on a budget, I recommend this property...I'd stay on this part of the island regardless of your budget.

2  Thank ddegeer