“Tranquility Bay Beach is the best.”

Tranquility Bay Antigua
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Bolans
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked via Interval International and stayed August 24th to the 30th. We got a one bedroom and it was okay, we are used to what places are like on the Islands but we had no AC and we complained every day since it was awful to try and sleep, to hot, to sweaty and miserable. Everything else was great, the staff very nice, the beach is awesome, we loved it. Finally after our 4 days of complaining and calling Interval International we got moved to a two bedroom with AC, YAY....better late than never lol. Our room was cleaned daily, WiFi was not strong in our one bedroom and went out a lot but was better in the two bedroom except when the power went out, bed(s) were kind of hard but otherwise we really didn't have any problems with the rooms. We normally don't stay in our room much anyways. If you love a great beach and understand the rooms are okay for a small Island and it's not the Hilton then you'll be fine here. If we were to go back we wouldn't have an issue staying there again as long as we have AC.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ilovethetropics

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I paid 450 USD per night because I read all the positive comments. I don't understand how you can pay such an amount and get a regular (spacious) room, The share the pool and the rest of the amenities with Jolly Beach Resort but and we were the Cinderellas, no towel, no service in the amenities. The lobby was a mobile trailer, the restaurant (Hemispheres) was a bad joke... I paid for the all inclusive option... well the food was bad and the restaurant was invaded by lots of crows who were flying in there and no one cared, quite anti hygienic.

The beach was beautiful, the tranquility Bay staff was nice, the Jolly Beach staff was rude, the Friday and Saturday shows were nice, but for 450 dollars a night this hotel was a bad choice.

Some Jolly Beach Resort Staff members even had the audacity to suggest that we made a bad choice.

The island coast line and waters are just beautiful. Most of the people we met were friendly and nice.

Room Tip: If you still decide to go there choose the first floor 'cause there is no elevator
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Miamer001
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I loved the resort, and the staff was very polite and helpful. I also really loved the proximity to the beach. The nearby restaurants and food was great. The easy access to the rest of the Jolly Beach services made sure there was always something for us to do. We found our way easily on the buses that leave right from the resort and go into town. I had a really great time and would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Cordie2
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed in a two bedroom suite in the sunset delight building. Request this building as it is closest to the beach. I will make a list of pros and cons.

PRO
Hotel staff: excellent very accommodating. For example I needed an extra night stay purchased a one bedroom but was allowed to stay in my same two bedroom suite. Housekeeping service was good as well. Just be friendly and communicate your needs.

Location: excellent. Tranquility Bay is located near a market were u can buy groceries, bus station, post office and restaurants. Everything is in walking distance. If you have little ones then rent a golf cart. I felt safe. A lot of excursions leave from Jolly Harbour so that's a plus.

Beach: good. The Caribbean Sea is very pretty. There are plenty of fun watersports to get into. We went jet skiing it was fun.

Rooms: great. The rooms are very spacious. Great for a family or friends. The rooms were clean, and had working air conditioners. I did not hear my neighbors or the people above me. The rooms have large decks with built in screens to allow in fresh air. The kitchen is equipped with most appliances to include a blender. My room had to safes in the master bedroom closet

CONS

Beach: Tranquility Bay needs to replace lawn chairs. Also I heard the Caribbean Sea on the other side of town is clearer. Lots of seashells on sand.

RoOm: Has no oven.

Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
8  Thank Tam2fly
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed in a huge 2 bed suite with the biggest balcony ever. This was my first stay in Antigua and I will never stay anywhere else. The air conditioners are really loud but we found if we turned them off at night and just used the ceiling fans we were perfect. There were a couple things missing from our kitchen, namely the cork screw and the blender, but as soon as we contacted the front desk about it we had replacements sent up promptly. You can't ask for more than that! Filmena was extremely helpful and very attentive to our needs. She took care of us through our whole stay from booking an excursion to Barbuda to changing our beach towels. We were there for the beach and were not disappointed. White sand, some shells, Caribbean blue sea, lots of lounge chairs (although those could stand to be replaced/upgraded), great swimming area without plant life and a perfect distance to walk the beach. Just watch out for the jet skis. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Heather T
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We went to Tranquility bay for a week from July 6-July 13. I'm handicapped, walking with a cane. I requested a unit close to the beach and got Unit 102. It was a wonderful location. Only maybe 100 steps to the beach, The unit was not fancy but very good. The AC did leak but other than that we found the staff very accomodating. The beach was wonderful and we swam every morning and night. We did a great tour to Barbuda with Excellence Catarman that I highly recommend. Snorkeling was not great at Great Bird Island. No fish in the reefs there. Driving a rental car was somewhat scary at times but we got to see the whole island. Good lunch deal at Coconuts beach Resort, 22.50 us for all you could eat and drink and the food was great. Horse back riding at long Bay Beach. Also, remember everything is negotiable on the island. Overall, we had a fantastic trip. monique

Room Tip: Aks to be close to the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mocca50
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We have stayed at tranquility bay for the last 5 years and have always had a great time I agree with what is said about the furniture no Being very comfortable but I do not come on holiday to sit in my apartment watching the tv when there are so much to do on and around the resort or a great place to chill and relax already looking forward to our return in January 2014

Room Tip: Try to get a deluxe room on the top floor as the balcony gets the sun almost all day
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolans
8 mi away
#1 of 3 in Bolans
Ocean Point Resort & Spa
Ocean Point Resort & Spa
#4 of 16 in St. John's

Been to Tranquility Bay Antigua? Share your experiences!