Just don't. Don't be fooled by the low price. Don't chance staying here. Just don't.
We arrived to a room that was hotter than it was outside. No problem, maybe it just needed to be turned down and cooled off while we were at dinner. No luck. Came back from dinner and it was actually hotter. Called the front desk and maintenance came to look at it. He agreed it wasn't working and said he was going to check on the chiller. (They use a water cooling system, not one with freon) I thought he would come back. No luck there either. Called the front desk after 1.5 hours to find out status. Maintenance guy went home. I was told to just turn the ceiling fan on. Could only keep it on low because it was so off balance it would have come off the brackets at a higher speed.
The next night the room was even hotter. They assured me it was being fixed and promised after dinner it would be better. No luck again! They then moved my mother and I to a two bedroom jacuzzi suite. Couldn't use the master bedroom there because the AC wasn't working there either. For the next three nights we never had AC and were told it was only us. I knew this was a lie because I talked to multiple people who had complained too.
When I went to speak to Ms Watty, the operations manager, she basically shamed me for needing an AC. She doesn't have one at her house so why do I need one? Seriously. She asked me that! Maybe because I paid for it?? She also scolded me for wearing my bathing suit while talking to her. Wait. Aren't we at a beach resort??
I would never advise anybody to stay here. I have traveled the world many times over and this was one of my worst experiences anywhere. I am fine with out dated furniture and a resort that needs a little love but I'm not ok with being lied to, scolded, and shamed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquility Bay, is Antigua’s only all-suite resort. Located on a breathtaking, mile-long stretch of white sand beach on Antigua’s southwest coast, Tranquility Bay boasts spectacular sunsets, majestic views of Montserrat, Redonda and St. Kitts/Nevis. Spacious suites, large balconies and calm blue waters make Tranquility Bay a haven for those craving peaceful moments away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Create a vacation as relaxing or active as you wish. You’re just steps away from water sports, golfing, tennis, spa, fishing, dining, entertainment, kids club and more. And, we’re just 30 minutes away from the airport and capital of St. Johns. Experience Tranquility Bay and you will never vacation in an ordinary hotel room again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tranquility Bay Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Hotel Bolans
- Tranquility Bay Antigua Antigua And Barbuda