Cocobay Resort
US$436
US$392
Antigua Village(St. John's)
US$176
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
US$221
US$214
US$194
US$188
  • Breakfast included
Galley Bay Resort & Spa(Five Islands Village)
US$605
Bookit.com
US$315
US$229
Hermitage Bay(Saint Mary's)
US$1,470
Official Site
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
2,444 results
All reviewscoco baythe cottagesplunge poolmr gorewaterfront suitelower poolbreakfast and lunchrum punchsheer rocksdeluxe cottageour honeymoonpaninislobstersea viewplantation housemosquito netbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Our 2nd visit to Cocobay, and we took our friends with us this time. Since our last visit another infinity pool has been added, which was lovely. The staff welcomed us back with open arms.
We requested the same room we had before, which we got, with a welcome back in flowers on the bed. Food was excellent and all the staff are really friendly. Did excursions around the island. Weather was good, a little rain everyday but only for a few minutes. As a travel agent it is unusual for me to return to the same place twice, but I will return again. Our thanks to all the staff at Cocobay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We have now been here 11 times so know the location very well. What makes it so special is that the staff all remember us as if we were family. They really can't do enough for you. As always we loved every minute of our stay. If you want us to complain it would be impossible. Yes there are things that could make it even better like a chest of drawers in the room and another public loo or two near the lower beach but we am really splitting hairs here. Where else can we get such a stunning view in our own cottage with staff who work so hard with an attitude which makes you happy to meet them? Where else can we go where we meet so many people we know from previous visits culminating in a first class dinner in recognition of our regular visits ? I haven't come across anywhere to even come near Cocobay. Loved the food and all the effort that goes into getting just right for us. Great as always - we'll be back next year this place is so special.

Room Tip: All the cottages are great as they represent the concept of Coco Bay. A sea view with a balcony and a hammock is a good as it comes for us.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bill d
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at Cocobay for our honeymoon from Oct. 29 - Nov. 8, 2013. Our first week was perfection. The first night we were upgraded to TeePee, an oceanfront room but I actually preferred the #5 seaview room we booked originally. (We moved there after the first night). But it was nice to see the differences. TeePee had a larger deck and 2 chaise loungers, but the bathroom had window shutters instead of the door that completely opens to the outside. And I actually thought the view was better from #5. Anyway, the first few days we basically just hung out and relaxed. I would recommend walking down to Valley Church beach. The resort beach is nice, but this beach is in a cove so the water is amazingly calm. And there were only 2 other people there when we were. We booked massages in our room, which were amazing. I felt like butter afterwards. On Saturday we booked Wadadli Cats, the catamaran tour. It rained that day all day and the next, but we still had a blast. Snorkeling was a little rough in the rain, but so many people had canceled because of the rain that there were only a few of us on the boat, which was pretty cool.

On Friday evening we went to Sheer Rocks for dinner. This was extremely disappointing. The food at the resort was much better, and the service was beyond better. The cous cous had so much mint in it that we couldn't eat it. And it was super expensive. The only plus was the more extensive wine list. Now, that being said, a couple staying at Cocobay at the same time went for tapas on a different night and said it was great.

On Sunday evening I got violently ill after dinner. I don't know where it came from and honestly I don't care. I understand that sometimes you get a bad piece of seafood. It happens. But I was a little disappointed with the response from the resort.

I couldn't leave the room at all on Monday. My husband did go to the dining room and get a tray for me for dinner, but I couldn't eat it. The only thing I could keep down was water. Previously we were ok with filling up the empties with tap water, but I couldn't do it when I was sick. (The water, like most beach places, has that sweet salty taste to it). So we called for bottled water. Which we were charged for. Normally I wouldn't care, but I was sick and dehydrated and still had to pay for water. Which I found ridiculous.

On Tuesday I went to the front desk and asked for a doctor. The first thing they asked me was where I had eaten. I get that you don't want anyone to know that someone is sick, but seriously, just get me a doctor. The doctor arrived about an hour later and she was great. Gave me Cipro, Immodium and electrolytes. That was a little over $200.

Afterwards we went to the restaurant for lunch and I asked if they had any chicken broth. The food is very good, but being sick I needed something bland. I was told that they didn't have anything. Now, they have soup every night so I found that very weird. So I ate about 3 of my husband's french fries instead.

On Wednesday I was able to get out of the bungalow at least, but our beachfront dinner was that night and I ate hardly any of it. The few bites of steak I did eat were very good, though. And my husband absolutely loved his spiny lobster. And it was still romantic. So that was a good highlight.

I recommend booking your excusions with Collette and her mom on the beach. They have a booth beneath the tree right next to the Hobie Cat. We were supposed to go on a zipline tour/Stingray City on Tuesday but being sick we couldn't go. Luckily they were able to rebook us on Thursday. I highly recommend this tour. Our tour guide was awesome. We ziplined in the morning, then went to Betty's Hope (old sugar plantation) and had a catered lunch. It was the best food I'd had in days. Grilled chicken, rice, just good basic food. Then we went to Stingray City. Along the way we drove around the island and he pointed out interesting things. It was nice to get to see the rest of Antigua. Especially since we were cooped up for so long.

Note on the food: I love vegetables, having grown up in the South. You won't find many here. They had lots of pumpkin dishes, which I understand because they were in season. And potatoes. Which is why almost every day for lunch we went to the restaurant, because it's the only time you can get salad. Sometimes I need my green stuff. I've heard some people talk about the portion sizes. My husband is a big guy and he said it was plenty of food. My only regret is that I wasn't able to eat more of it. (I'm probably the only person in history who went to an all-inclusive and lost 7 pounds).

Get the plunge pool. It comes in incredibly handy when it rains, or when your husband is bored out of his mind because he's been cooped up with a sick wife for 3 days.

The staff and the natural beauty are what make this place a gem. Cicely, Craig and Cyeon were awesome bartenders. Kevin always made sure we had whatever we needed in the bungalow. Sonia and her omelettes. And the housekeeping staff was amazing. I would highly recommend that you tip people. I know it's all-inclusive but they are worth it.

So in summary, this place is not for high maintenance people. And if I hadn't gotten sick I would have given the place rave reviews. I just don't think they knew what to do with me. (Several of the front desk staff did ask my husband how I was doing and such, which was very nice). So definitely go. Just don't get sick!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Cocobay was more then what my husband and I expected. We stayed for 5nts. (too short, wish we stayed longer) All the pictures online were just as beautiful but in person its even better. As soon as we arrived to the resort, we were greeted with rum punch and a nice cold towel. The resort staff is very friendly and always willing to help you in anyway. We booked the premium waterfront suite. omg, right when we walked in I was at awww... it was gorgous. The view of the beach and the water was amazing! The beach was quite, not too many vendors bug you. the water is clam and swimable. The drinks were delcious Cyeon made the best rum punch and bloody marys. The food was perfect, although we both wish for more options during breakfast, but the omelettes were always tasty. Lunch was great, everyday was a new menu. They also had panini's served at the pool. Tea time was at 4pm everyday, My husband and I always looked forward to dinner. We booked the premium waterfront suite so we were able to order the lobster everyday with other items at no extra charge. (must book through the resorts website)
The grounds were always kept clean and maintained. I loved the whole outdoor feel being in a tropical island. We were going to stay at a Sandals Resort, but glad we didnt. This resort is small and quite, unlike the huge crowds at any other all inclusive resort. Overall, being an all inclusive resort the quality was great and we cant wait to come back again for our up comming anniversaries!

Room Tip: the premium waterfront suites was worth the extra money, best views, a/c, and spacious. If you book through the hotel website you get the VIP menu for dinner at no extra charge.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vnm1215
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I would rate our stay as a 31/2.

My wife and I just got back from a week at Cocobay. We arrived late on Saturday and still got the cool towel and rum punch. This is a first for us.

Our stay started out a little shaky. We had requested an upgrade to ac and sea front. We didn't get either one, but we did have a pretty good view of two different beaches.

The first morning breakfast was very disappointing. Actually, everyone but the last. I could not get them to fry my eggs the way I like them. I like them with soft yokes but no runny whites. They always over cooked on the first side and then by the time the whites were done...hard yolks. Finally, the last day, they were perfect. Otherwise, the food was all good.

My wife hit it off with Winston, the shell guy and got some neat shells.

My first meeting with Robert, the Hoby guy, was a little different, too. I was looking for towels and happened to walk behind the bar where he kept them. We yelled at me to keep away! All was cool after that and Robert became our favorite. Make sure you ask him to show you the "sleeping Indian"!

By the end of our week, we were very pleased we came to Cocobay. The pros way outweigh the cons and the place actually does grow on you. We met a lot of people from England and the US.

The biggest con for me was the rot got liquor. I could not drink the whiskey or the bourbon. We pay enough to stay at this resort that they could offer at least middle of the road booze. My preference is Jack but would be ok with Jim. Actually, the gin and vodka was just that...middle of the road, but drinkable.

Like everyone else has said, the staff is fantastic. Our bucket list is long but when it is empty we will definitely be back to Cocobay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple