US$480
US$216
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Wild Lotus Antigua(Bolans)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$169
  • Beachfront
Victory Villas Antigua(Bolans)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$508
US$423
Hotels.com
Antigua Village(St. John's)
US$176
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$190
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$217/night.

US$180
US$162
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Galley Bay Resort & Spa(Five Islands Village)(Great Value!)
US$570
US$531
Bookit.com
US$315
US$184
Priceline
2,499 results
All reviewsmr gorethe cottagescoco bayplunge poolbreakfast and lunchwaterfront suitesheer rockslower pooldeluxe cottagerum punchour honeymoonpaninislobstersea viewplantation housemosquito netbuffet style
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Cocobay was wonderful! I am missing my cabana already! My boyfriend and I had never been to the Caribbean before, and after reading some of these reviews I have to say that I was nervous! If you are - DON'T BE! The resort is clean, the people (especially the ladies at the front desk and the bartenter Oriel) are extremely kind and helpful, and the views are fantastic.

The breakfast and lunch buffets were wonderful, and I definitely ate my fill. Dinner was a bit smaller (it was plated), so make sure you eat enough during the day. The bar was always open, ready to make any kind of drink you could imagine, and there were jugs of rum punch down by the beach for your convenience.

The beach was gorgeous, and quiet - so nice without little children! There is a vendor who sets up a small booth; I got a couple braids done. She also had wraps and shirts available. Some other people would walk the beach occasionally and sell jewelry/misc. gifts, but they weren't pushy and weren't a nuisance. We had a great time sitting under the huts on the beach - we were there about every day. It was nice by the pool too, but not much of a breeze, and limited shade. Close to the bar, tho.

At dinner the air was very still, so you should be advised to dress light! Also, wear some bug spray since the bugs come out when it's cooler.

There were many couples there, and we were able to meet and befriend a few of them. There wasn't any pressure to have interaction, and if we had wanted to be secluded, that was totally possible. The couples we met were fun and lovely, and we enjoyed meeting them for dinner and drinks.

Our room was clean and cool (they have AC and a ceiling fan). I would recommend using the air and closing the door at night, as the bugs like to come join you if the doors are open! Also, beware - the birds like to steal sugar packets, and they know that they are kept on top of the fridge! So if the doors are open, be prepared for some flying visitors ;) We did have an ant "invasion" in the bathroom, but one call to the front desk and they were taken care of immediately. You can't be upset about something small like that, tho - you're staying in a hut on a tropical island!

We made two ventures off the resort. The first - the Wadadli Catamaran tour - DO THIS! It was a little pricey ($110USD) but TOTALLY worth it! The crew was fantastic, very knowledgeable and friendly. The snorkling was FANTASTIC, we saw manta rays and sea turtles. The food was excellent, too.
The second venture off the resort was to Dennis' Restaurant - you can see it atop the hill at the end of the beach. The food was decent, the drinks strong, and the chef friendly and accommodating. His adorable puppies even came out to say hello!

Overall, this was an excellent first trip to the Caribbean. I would highly recommend Cocobay Resort. I hope to some day return - perhaps on my honeymoon? It would be fitting since my boyfriend and I got engaged our first night there - on the porch of hut #36, looking over the bay, while hummingbirds danced around us.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'm more than happy to answer any questions or put any concerns to rest!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank freckles1215
Reviewed 5 September 2008

What a resort for a perfect relaxing break away from what we call the modern world. As someone has said in a previous review if you have done your homework there should be no surprises.
No-organised activites, evening entertainment, children jumping in the pool,
Yes-relaxing atmosphere, good food and drink, friendly and helpful staff, good accomodation and good nearby beaches.

I must just comment on the food which I thought was of a 1st class standard especially the evening meal.

All the guest at the time of our stay were there for a relaxing break and therefore it was easy to talk with other guests both English and other nationalities staying at the resort.

If you do your research and this is the kind of holiday that you want you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kim_alanCambridge
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Beautiful location, wonderful holiday.
After the terrible incident where a honeymoon couple were killed in the adjacent resort of Coco, we were a little concerned about going to Cocobay but the security there was very tight with security guards on patrol all night. This did seem a little over the top really, as this incident was a one off and could happen anywhere, and I was told that Tobago has had 1000 murders this year so far compared to this one in Antigua. There were a lot of cancellations which seemed totally unfair as the Antiguans rely on tourism for their livelyhood. There was nothing to worry about although I agree it was a scary thought that it could have happened there.
The resort of Cocobay was amazingly beautiful with gorgeous coloured flowers and trees everywhere. Every way you turned deserved a photo which I took advantage of as a keen photographer and they are beautiful.
The food was excellent, and in the fourteen days we were there we did not have any repeat meals, wonderful variety.
The beach was amazing and the sea water a beautiful turquoise the whole time which was like a sheet of glass, so calm , so warm.
I am not a swimmer but spent most of time in the sea and on it using one of the kayaks supplied for guests. We also had a go in the Catamaran for an hour or two which was fun.
There was also plenty to see underwater which you could do without a snorkel, which I also took advantage of as they were supplied too.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded on arrival as there were four of us and ended up in one of the plantation houses, which were two rooms for two couples with an adjoining living room.
This was on the top of the hill with amazing views over the bay and beaches adjacent to ours and what a site first thing in the morning as you wandered out onto the balcony. The bird life always greeted us and hung around for a sugar sachet or two!
August is the month with the most rainfall, and yes it rained now and again but dried in an instant and was most welcome as the heat was very humid and suffocating at times if you were not on the beach.
The only downside of the holiday was the mosquitoes, be prepared with 100% deet cream!! Or, as another guest told me who was never bitten, garlic pills do the trick!
Do remember if you are going, no shorts or teashirts for men in the restaurant at night. They were very strict with this and sent guests away if not dressed appropriately.
Finally, I will just say that this is a place of tranquility and beauty so if you are looking for a good time in the evenings you will be disappointed, no entertainment except a steel band once a week.
This was the only thing I missed, a bit of entertainment.
That's it, all in all a great place to go and I will return!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Julia a
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Have been using TripAdvisor for four years now and haven't been steered wrong yet! Have to say the bad reviews are as helpful to me as the good. We found the Cocobay to be exactly what we were looking for.

We booked on the hotel's website. Everything went smoothly, all charges were correct, and we received the plunge pool room we booked. They also stock your mini-fridge (one time) with soda,beer, rum, and vodka.

For the most part we liked the staff. The women in reception were helpful and friendly. The young woman that made eggs to order was our favorite-very sweet!

The ocean front room had a wonderful view, had great fun in the plunge pool, and LOVED the open shower! Even had a little company one evening when a tree frog joined me for a warm shower. We had air but never used it, the fan over the bed and open windows were enough.

Really liked the layout of the resort. The huts are very cute, but with the low lighting and pale numbers it's a challenge to find your hut the first evening! The landscaping is very nice, tended every day, and adds to the privacy of the rooms.

The food was very good for an inclusive. Not a wide selection, but always found something we liked. The bar drinks were good -Godfathers are really strong. They have a drink menu at the bar keep trying till you find something you like.

The beaches are wonderful! Easy walking distance to Jolly to the North and Ffreys to the South. We filled up our little cooler and would spend most of the day under a tree on Ffryes. Sheer bliss!

Had no trouble getting taxis, make sure you confirm rate with driver.

Dennis bar- nothing to recommend it but the view.

Left the best for last! Had an amazing time with Creole cruise on their lobster lunch. Booked on their website, Katya answered right away and took our booking for the day we specified. The smallish boat picked us up on the hotel beach (very handy). Captain Glen and Omari are very cordial and attentive hosts. Four of the couples on the cruise spoke limited English and they went out of their way to make sure they weren't missing anything. We had a wonderful day out with them. The boat can go pretty fast and when you hit the more open waters makes for a fun ride. The highlight for the guys was snorkeling to see a sea turtle. We all loved it and would book the same trip next time!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
7  Thank NervousNelly_8
Reviewed 14 August 2008

The first thing I would like to say is that everyone is entitled their opinion about this resort, however, I must stress that anyone who has done even the slightest bit of research before booking should not have anything negative to say as there are NO suprises.

I have included pictures with this review to show you exactly what the accomadation looks like so you can make your own minds up.

Having booked to stay at cocobay for 10 days on our honeymoon (through virgin holidays) I was very excited by the photos of the hotel and reviews I had read on this website. However as time went on, reviews on this website became worse and worse and I actually looked into changing our hotel but could not do so without huge expense.
However if you have booked this hotel please, please do not be put off by negative people. If you have done your homework before booking this will be exactly what you are looking for. This hotel is amazing.

Accomadation: We has booked a sea view not a sea front cottage and so did not have a plunge pool. We knew this before we went. The only point I will make with regard to plunge pools is that ALOT of people had payed/were expecting to have a plunge pool and didn't for all or the majority of their stay. HOWEVER from talking to people this seemed to be the fault of the travel agents and not the hotel. I would recommend booking with a larger company as we did because you know it will be right.
Our cottage as you can see was exactly as the hotel describes and shows on its website. Yes it was basic but exactly as described, no surprises. We had a fridge to keep drinks cold and a fabulous balcony with the best views on the island. A huge comfy bed with a mosquito net (no holes). The only thing I would say is that perhaps te bathroom could do with a face lift, but to be fair for what they charge I think it pretty good.

Food: I know there has been big debate about this. Personally I think the food is amazing for the money. Breakfast and lunch you just eat as much as you like. The food was fresh and there was a brilliant variety. A word of warning though I would go earlier to breakfast as although there is lots of food left later, not so much variety. Afternoon tea - didn't think much of it but to be honest I was never hungry anyway having stuffed myself at breakfast and lunch! Dinner- you will have to eat late if you get to breakfast late as you need to book for dinner and the earlier slots will be gone. Yes dinner is very small food on very big plates but to be honest it is very well done. You do get four courses and although small are stunning and delicious. My husband eats for England at 6ft 6" but even he never went hungry during our stay.

Entertainment is very limited but this resort isn't about being loud, its about chilling out. You spend quality time with your partner/family or make friends. There are a good variety of ages, we made friends with several young couples also on their honeymoons and had endless fun at the bar!

Drinks are free flowing including lots of delicious (although very strong!) cocktails, local beer really is fine as are local spirits. In the restraunt we never emptied a glass before it was re-filled in the bar area you do have to go up and get another drink but to be honest I think its because they don't want to be presumptious and give you the same drink. (Many guests were working their way through the cocktail list!)

A note about the wellness cottage. YOU HAVE TO GO! I think alot of people didn't know about it. A list of treatments is available from reception and the views whie having a massage are amazing. Karen who is the beauty therapist is fabulous best pedicure ever!

A note on staff. There are obviously staffing issues at the hotel. However there were only about two members of staff who worked there who were not wonderful everyone else really is fab - little rays of sunshine! O'neal the manager greeted us personally with rum punch and cold towels. From day one him and Monique know everyones name. You really do feel welcome.

Due to the unfortunate event at nearby cocos during our stay we did decide to cut our time at cocobay short and move to somewhere more secure as we did not feel safe in the cottages, however, this was te ONLY reason we left. I felt so guilty I explained it to O'neal himself who gave us a hug!

Overall I feel this hotel is brilliant value for money and a very chilled out resort. A must if you visit Antigua.

Final point - we heard lots of people whinging about stuff and it was obvious they had done no research that is where negative reviews come from, people who can't be bothered to do a bit of research.

Stayed: July 2008