Cocobay Resort
US$216
  • Breakfast included
Wild Lotus Antigua(Bolans)(Great Value!)
US$149
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
Victory Villas Antigua(Bolans)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$436
US$284
Antigua Village(St. John's)
US$176
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$199
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Sandals Grande Antigua Resort & Spa(St. John's)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,458 results
All reviewscoco baythe cottagesplunge poolmr gorewaterfront suitelower poolbreakfast and lunchrum punchsheer rocksdeluxe cottageour honeymoonpaninislobstersea viewplantation housemosquito netbuffet style
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I spent 7 nights at Cocobay for our honeymoon in May. When pulled up to the hotel, I teared up because of how beautiful everything was. The layout and landscaping of the property were well thought out in order to provide privacy and lush beauty. Our room was simple, but had AMAZING views and tons of privacy. The shower had a door opening to the deck, and showering with views of the Caribbean and a fresh breeze was amazing. The two pools were absolutely gorgeous with great views. Food was good, with a changing menu every night for dinner. The rum punch was delicious (and they were NOT skimpy on the rum). We felt very pampered and relaxed the entire time.

2  Thank ratherboutside
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What can I say about Cocobay resort? When I first arrived I was a little disappointed as the resort didn’t look too great on the approach, but let me tell you that is where the disappointment ended. We walked in and we greeted like long lost friends and handed a cold towel along with a refreshing drink.

My amazing husband had organised our entire trip and had upgraded us to a cottage with a plunge pool, well worth it! Our cottage “The Palms or TP” had the most stunning views, air conditioning, and comfy bed complete with mosquito net.

But the best thing about Coco Bay is the staff. They are possibly the nicest people in the world, nothing is ever too much trouble. I could make a list which could go on forever of individuals who made our trip special by going that extra mile. However, Football Mad Oriel, The Cocktail King Davern, and the blessing that is Debbie are three who I have to thank in particular.

As an all-inclusive resort I was concerned about the food, expecting the usual recycled buffet. Cocobay again exceeded my expectations: At breakfast the “egg” station is usually manned by Sonia who makes an awesome omelette, and there is also bacon, pancakes, fruit and cereals. Lunch is usually fish and meat with salad and fruit. Or you can grab a Panini for the beach bar. Afternoon tea is served at the main bar around 4pm. Then Dinner is a four course meal with good choices. So trust me, you won’t go hungry.

Wi-Fi: for $10 (USD) you can purchase a Wi-Fi devise to carry around with you, it does need charging every five hours or so. But this is a cheap way to keep in touch with the rest of the world while you are lost in paradise.

I wouldn’t say the resort is wheelchair friendly, as there are steps between each of the areas. However, I do have a bad back and found getting around ok. I had a little help from my husband one of the slopes, (which was a little steep for me), but I managed to go up and down it quite a few times unaided also.

I will never forget Cocobay, it really is paradise. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: Make sure you have Air conditioning!
1  Thank Amanda L
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We spend 7 nights at Coco Bay from the 13th May for our honeymoon after getting married in St Lucia the previous week. The resort is absolutely beautiful with stunning views, white sandy beaches and a clear blue ocean. The 2 infinity pools were lovely, although sometimes felt very cold! There was always somewhere you could set down, either by one of the two pools or on the beach, our favorite spot was on one of the sun loungers on the beach. The resort never felt too crowded or busy, the staff were polite and efficient.

A huge thanks to Mr Gore who gave us such a warm welcome on arrival, as we arrived from St Lucia at 10am we had left before we could have breakfast and arrived at Cocobay after breakfast service. However Mr Gore was incredibly friendly and served us sandwiches, pastries, fresh fruit and drinks even though it was between services.

There was a reasonable variety of food served at breakfast and lunch (although it would have been nice to have baked beans and sausages served everyday rather then alternating the two). The omelet station was perfect and always served with a smile. The atmosphere at dinner was lovely, we really enjoyed having to dress up for the evening meals. The service was always impeccable. The food selection i would say was good, cooked and presented very well, and suited me as i love fish. However my husband did occasionally struggle to find food he liked. I think what would have improved the set menus would be to have one 'safe' option each night, ie pork, steak or chicken with chips/ potatoes for those fussy eaters.

We were very impressed with the accommodation. The cottages were rustically styled and simply but well decorated. We stayed in the beautiful sea view room (Redonda 2) which came with a lovely small living area, porch with hammock and chairs and a large bedroom with a very large, firm comfortable bed and a on-suite . The view was lovely, with view over part of the resort and the beautiful Caribbean ocean.

We only have 2 complaints about the hotel of which only one the resort can do anything about. Which are the rooms do not have an information folder with info on meal times, activities available, internet availability, spa information and prices, contact numbers etc.

Secondly as a warning to people the resort is right next to an osmosis plant which can be heard throughout the resort day and night, sounds like an electric hum which can be difficult to ignore. While at the beach the sea blocks out the noise and at dinner the general hubub blocks it out, but when sat quietly, readying, sunbathing or trying to sleep it becomes more obvious. Unfortunately it is enough to prevent us from returning to Coco Bay AND any other resorts in that area.

4  Thank alexa c
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We went on our honeymoon here, and we were more than happy with the location, staff, and food here.
At the restaurant, we met with amazing staff members who went above and beyond our expectations; Jermaine, Kerry & Denise were the few that stood out. Always smiling, and asking how our day/night was going. And it wasn't just us, day in and day out, we noticed hen interacting with many other guests, who they shook hands with each day.
We could not have chosen a better honeymoon spot for a romantic and peaceful getaway!

Thank you to all the staff members of Cocobay!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank kmom2002
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed in the "The Palms" cottage on the beach with a plunge pool, lovely views & a totally bespoke resort. The Staff are probably the most friendly hotel staff I have ever met and make this resort what it is, fabulous.
As this was an all inclusive resort, I thought everything would be a buffet copy cat style every day, but no, breakfast had different additions, lunch the same & every evening meal, was a sit down menu style service with food looking & tasting like a proper restaurant . Very Nice indeed.
The location views were wonderful & the beach right on site both sides of the hotel.
This Hotel caters for the couples market, so if this is what you want, then go for it.
drinks are served all day in the bars around the resort, so you can just relax & enjoy, I know we did, the bar staff are great.
If you are looking for peace & relaxation where time stands still then go to Cocobay Hotel, in Antigua.

2  Thank 999Mitch