Cocobay Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$216
US$182
Bookit.com
US$406
Antigua Village(St. John's)
US$176
US$194
  • Beachfront
Coconut Beach Club(St. John's)
  • Breakfast included
Trade Winds Hotel(St. John's)
TripAdvisor
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
TripAdvisor
Galley Bay Resort & Spa(Five Islands Village)
Bookit.com
2,444 results
All reviewscoco baythe cottagesplunge poolmr gorewaterfront suitelower poolbreakfast and lunchrum punchsheer rocksdeluxe cottageour honeymoonpaninislobstersea viewplantation housemosquito netbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My partner and I have just returned frm the most amazing 10 days here. This hotel is the most relaxing and beautiful place to spend time. The views from our cottage were breathtaking and it is so hard to describe just how fantastic the location of this hotel is. There are 3 beautiful beaches within walking distance and if yoju venture to either of the 2 not directly attached to the hotel you can find them deserted which just makes them seem so much more beautiful.

The food is fantastic andwe were never hungry as there is plenty on offer. The drinks were excellent and again plenty to choose from. The staff are what really makes this place, when I arrived I needed to see a doctor and the staff on the reception desk were so helpful and had a doctor out to me within a few hours which saved my holiday. If you make the effort to speak to everyone and greet them with a smile you will get a lovely warm response from everyone and they are the best bunch of people who make you feel like part of the family.

We took the Wadadli Cat catamaran around the island which was superb and the snorkelling at green island is fantastic. Highly recommend the zip wires and stingray city excursions and also its worth going to Shirley height for the Sunday night party as the atmosphere is amazing.

If you are thinking of booking this hotel don't delay - book now you won't regret it and you will never want to come home. I will definitely be back at the Cocobay

Room Tip: Ask for F2 a bit of a walk from reception and communa areas but the views were astounding
2  Thank sneero
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have just returned from a 2 week holiday at Cocobay and what an amazing hotel it is! The resort was so much better then I expected. The Gardens are absolutely stunning, so many beautiful flowers and the gardeners do such a good job of looking after it! The staff are so friendly and make you feel so relaxed, We persoanlly loved the egg lady who makes the bet omelettes and panckaes ever and a big shout out to Cecily down at the beach bar who is so lovely, friendly and funny! The room was beautiful with full mosquito net to cover the bed and thank god for the aircon which worked a treat. The view from our balcony was absolutely breathtaking! There is a hammock and 2 chairs to relax on. The Bathroom doors open out onto the balcony and we would shower watching the sea! I can not even begin to descibe how amazing the food in the evening is, its like dining at a 5 star restaurant every night. The Al la carte menu is incredible, so amazing I gained 7lbs! I would reccomend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing, peacful holiday with amazing food and breath taking views. The best resort I have ever been too, its going to be hard to top this!

Room Tip: Get a sea view room as they come with Aircon!
2  Thank Filiz0404
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I visited Cocobay in April with my Fiance (he proposed on the first night out there). I think I could easily write pages on this hotel because it was incredible. It wasn't just a place to stay in Antigua, it was a whole experience.

The room we stayed in was called Monsterrat 2 and this had a gorgeous view of the ocean. It was cleaned everyday and we thought it was absolutely perfect.

The food that is offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner I cannot fault. You will have to be a very fussy and stubborn eater to struggle to find something you would like to eat. My only complaint is the sugar dispenser for breakfast - it didn't really dispense! (as you can tell I find it a struggle to find a fault). You have to try Vincia's grilled sandwiches at lunch time at the pool bar.

The pool and bar areas are beautiful and clean. You just can not complain if you have the idyllic views of the ocean and beach to gaze at!

Now, to add to the incredible views, the spotless and beautiful rooms and the wonderful food, it's the staff that make this the perfect place to stay in Antigua. Vincia, Davern, Tashawn and Kenya made chilling at the bar (by the pool at the back) incredible. My partner and I had the best of times having a laugh and coming up with new drinks. We were lucky enough to become friends with a handful of other couples so we all got through a few drinks in the day which the mentioned staff obviously helped out with and they were just a great bunch of staff to spend your days with.
The front of house staff were also so kind and helpful (Patrea and another lovely girl who's name I have forgotten - sorry :( ) and they had no problem helping with anything you asked etc.

To anyone who would like to visit Cocobay - Please do, you will not be disappointed!!

We will be back!

Grayce and Nicholas

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GS93
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I almost didn't want to write this review so I could keep Cocobay my own little secret. I spent hours upon hours searching for the perfect getaway location to propose to my fiance. I read wonderful reviews about this resort and felt overly confident in my selection. Let me tell you, this resort went above and beyond my expectations. Words can't express how incredible, romantic and gorgeous the setting was. We stayed in the Fungee (premium waterfront suite) and the view/room were breathtaking. Tub outside, privacy from neighboring rooms, day bed, infinity pool, shower with doors that open up to the outside...it literally felt like we were the only people at the resort. I highly recommend anyone traveling here to spend the extra few dollars to stay in a premium room - I promise you it is worth it. The food was excellent and there was a variety to choose from to satisfy any pallet. My fiance has stomach issues and they were always extremely accommodating to her needs. Book thru the website so you can have steak/lobster at not extra charge. I ate Lobster 4 out of the 5 nights (yes, it was wonderful). Both pools were amazing, we absolutely loved the lower level pool. Day bed are always available and it never felt crowded, maybe 3-4 other couples aside from us max. I'm extremely critical about customer service. The staff were SUPERB. Always had fun, genuine conversations with them and they go out of your way to make your stay special (bottle of champagne in your room, rum punch deliveries, flowers/candles). For me, the little stuff speaks volumes. I was worried about the mosquito comments from previous travelers. Disregard, honestly I did not get one bite my entire stay (we did apply bug spray daily). There are flies, specially at dinner but they do not bite. I could go on and on about this resort, I've traveled to a variety of islands and I've never experienced anything like this. If you are traveling as a couple and looking for an intimate, remote, romantic, rustic-refined resort than this is your spot. Quick couple shout-outs:

O'Neal (manager): what a gentleman, extremely attentive to your needs
Kathleen & Dwayne: Kathleen assisted me with my elaborate proposal plan - she went above and beyond and specifically said "don't worry darling I'll make this happen". Dwayne assisted her and took numerous pictures for us. He was a delight and a joy to be a part of my special moment that I will never forget.
Tarifa: Works at the front desk and is AWESOME. So sweet, funny and just always happy. She would help us with anything immediately.
Blaine: escorted us to our room and would help us with any requests. One of the most genuine guys I have ever met.
Sonia: makes thee best omelets and is a pleasure to chat with in the mornings.

I could go on and on about our stay. Look no further, Cocobay Resort is worth every single penny. My fiance and I are struggling to figure out our honeymoon destination after this trip and we are considering Cocobay. If not, there's no doubt we would return in the next few years. Enjoy!!

27 years old
Resides in New York City
Traveled in July 2014 as a couple

Room Tip: Fungee (premium waterfront suite) is well worth it.
3  Thank jmartin2387
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Very late review as we travelled in November 2013 but better late than never as they say. All i will say is ignore all bad comments about this gorgoeus hotel. On arrivsl you are greeted with a well needed rum punch and cold towel. It is ideally a couples resort. The rooms are rustic carribean i would say nice large bed with a balcony and hammock. Shower has doors that open up to see the incredible views.
Weather was hot everyday with odd showers here and there but they very quickly went away.
Excursions- you must visit sting ray city amazing experience swimming with these beautiful creatures you get to feed them swim with them and have ur pictures taken with them. We also did the Jabberwocky yacht excursion which was equally amazing.
Food here was very good Sonias pancakes are the best and to this day i go on about them!! Lunch was buffet and dinner is a sit down meal. Men have to wear polo shirts. It never seemed crowded. Food quality was very good and portion sizes were perfect i dont understand how people can complain about the food portions it was more than enough considering you get a starter main and dessert! You also have to reserve your seating time fot dinner at the main reception.
Staff were superb the best iv ever come across so genuine and friendly and would really go out their way for you. When we got engaged they were so happy for us and got us a bottle of champagne they made an announcement for us and we even had a message from the owner O'Neil which was lovely. We came back to the room one night to see candles and rose petals all over the floor very romantic.
Antiguan people are so lovely.
The guys trying to get you on the jet skis were abit annoying because they came over everyday but if you told them know they would leave you alone. Its their job and way of life and we accepted that.
Be warned if you travel in novmeber the sand flies are everywhere!! Some people got bit very badly i did get some but no where near as some people did so bring lots of creams sprays etc!! They did fumigate the hotel but this is unfortunatly out of their control.
I dont want this review to sound negatuve at all because i loved Antigua and is one of the best holidays iv ever been on!! We were meeting couples there who go regularly and one couple in particular go to Cocobay every year for the past 7 years!! That speaks volumes. Even the people staying at the resort were all so friendly and polite making conversation and saying hello. You are really made to feel at home.
Enyertainment there wasnt much but then we are not really in to all that we like to have dinner and go back and chill in our room so i suppose it depends on you and what you like. If you like nightly entertainment then mayne you should consider a different hotel although they do have shirley heights on a sunday evening where theres good steel band dancing in to the night and at cocobay we did have a steel band one night with cocktail drinks which was nice.
There are about 3 beaches you can access from cocobay one is directly next to the resort the other you have to walk out of the hotel and take a short 5 minute walk to get to it and the other we never really went to. We particularly like the one we had to walk to again its personal preference.
All in all fantastic holiday if you are thinking or considering cocobay and you are a couple looking for a romatic getaway cocbay is 100% the resort to book!! Would make a lovely honeymoon destination also.
Enjoy!!