Well, having spent some months reading the various reviews of others, its now my turn - just got back from Cocobay.
My wife and I have travelled extensively in the Caribbean over many years and in all honesty we are not that easy to please!. Bearing in mind previous reviews it was with some apprehension that we flew out to Cocobay.
In a nutshell, this place is FANTASTIC.Here is a few of the many plus points:-
- Superb and very friendly service
- Beautiful setting
- Stunning views
- Good food (see below)
- Very quiet and peaceful
The bedrooms are basic but clean and more than adequate, all with lovely views.
Let me dispel some myths about the food:
- Its not that spicy - my wife is not keen on spicy food but she loved this
- Yes, portions at dinner are small (bit nouvelle cuisine) but there is a buffet two nights a week plus breakfast and lunch are always buffet style.Frankly, you can eat as much as you want at breakfast and lunch and it is simply greedy to demand to be able to stuff yourself in the evening as well.This is quality cuisine and big portions are not necessary. Take it from me, Im a big eater but had no problem here.
The only real downside is the bugs. I would concur with much of what has already been said.They are a problem and I got bitten more than anywhere else I have ever stayed in the Caribbean but set against everything else they are only a minor irritation.Bringing clothes pegs to close the gaps in the mosquito net is a great idea and we did.
For the divers among you, I went out with Jolly Dive.Had a great time - you can book direct or through the hotels excursion desk.
In summary, if you are thinking of going to Cocobay then dont hesitate - we`re going back next year for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua's most romantic all-inclusive resort - Cocobay is a colorful collection of pastel cottages crowning a breezy hillside undulating down to two white-sand beaches and miles of turquoise Caribbean Sea. Blessed with some of the most dramatic ocean views on the island, we cater to couples seeking a romantic getaway in a quaint, natural setting. Guests can choose from 57 private, authentic, Caribbean cottages and 4 plantation houses each enjoying a private verandah with striking sea views and custom designed wooden furniture. The premium pool cottages provide the very best oceanfront locations, and other amenities such as: private plunge pool, more spacious interior including extra seating area, air conditioning, bathrobes and other extra bathroom amenities, private balcony with adirondack chairs and hammock, ceiling fan, mini fridge, shower, hair dryer, espresso coffee machine, iron & ironing board, king size bed with pillowtop mattresses and high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets, in-room safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Cocobay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocobay Hotel Bolans
- Coco Bay Antigua
- Cocobay Antigua
- Cocobay Hotel Antigua
- Cocobay Resort Antigua, Antigua And Barbuda