“Not jolly!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bolans
Basingstoke
“Not jolly!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

It is a good job that we were only staying here for 4 nights and that we used air miles to pay for it as I would have been very disappointed if this had been my only experience of Antigua that I had physically paid for. We ended up here, very last minute, due to our daughter's wedding being re-located to Antigua. Fortunately she got married in Blue Waters. Clearly the two are not comparable as Jolly Beach is a different kind of hotel but it did highlight, for us, just how terrible Jolly Beach Hotel is. Some staff were rude and unhelpful and although I took a previous reviewers advice to not rant and rave about minor things, if I wanted to be treated well, we still found some of the staff to be dismissive and disinterested. I would say that Blue Waters staff are career people that take their jobs seriously (akin to the hotel rating) and Jolly Beach staff just go to work to get paid. If you don't mind that then you probably won't have a problem with this place.

I read reviews after securing this hotel, as we were in a hurry, and the most helpful review was to 'go with low expectations'. That really was the best piece of advice. As many reviewers have already mentioned this is a very tired hotel that is in much need of some care, it's very tatty. Our room was very basic but it was clean and comfortable. However we did have trouble turning the shower off since the taps spun in the wall and our sink leaked. We also had noisy air con and a fan that click clacked all night (thank god for ear plugs but I'd rather not have to use them). Ear plugs further needed as there is also some strange electronic recording of birds tweeting that plays 24 hours a day. Not sure why this is needed as there are birds everywhere in the hotel.

In fact birds were a major problem. Much like a recent reviewer I had a seagull land in my jerk chicken from the beach cafe and it was very difficult to get away from them without being further attacked. And the birds being in the main restaurant was just down right unhygienic. We watched the birds - they are very clever at working out just the moment to zip through the swing doors - sometimes it felt like there were more in the restaurant than outside and they clung to mesh dividers (designed to keep them out???) and watched us with their beady eyes whilst we ate (when they weren't picking at any food else where) and zooming by at close proximity (you can feel the breeze they generate through your hair they come so close). We also saw a staff member cleaning bird droppings away from a chair and then just putting the cloth back - presumably to use on place mats later on - yuck!

The food was a little hit and miss. I love chicken and I was easily able to get good chicken and salad. My Husband is pescartarian and he didn't fair so well. There was always fish on the menu but every day it was the same thing in various guises - king fish. Sort of a less nice version of swordfish with big bones in it. We did bring this up with the manager but he waffled on about being 'a big hotel' - not really any answer to the lack of variety! Also you can only get fish at the beach cafe at lunch time - after that all veggies/pesces have available to them is grilled plastic cheese sandwich and chips.

We did eat at Lydias on 2 nights - one for the beach BBQ and also on a normal night. The BBQ was good and I had excellent blackened snapper on the normal night but that was the only thing that was good. I understand that the quality of some stuff is not so good in large all inclusive hotels (although Blue Waters was rammed and Jolly Beach was pretty empty for a half term holiday - speaks volumes) but the wine was terrible. I really only drink red wine so we were really pleased to see a wine list in Lydias where we could buy something a lot better. It turns out that they have hardly any of the wines on the list though. Clearly there is something wrong with wanting to buy your own wine as the 2 waitresses that we were served by on both occasions seemed to think it was amusing that we wanted to buy wine. As we had found out that trying to find something that they did have in stock, at the BBQ, we were rather surprised to be lied to on the 2nd occasion and be told by the cocktail waitress that they had 'everything' on the wine list. No, in fact that had only two of them so very little choice. Knowing this, after the waitress returned the first time to tell us that they didn't have the Merlot we asked for I suggested (from experience) that we could all just save a lot of time if she told us what they do have which was met with raised eyebrows and a 'Wow!'. I wasn't being rude I was just trying to save the poor woman from having to walk back and forth until she found something we wanted. Eventually she was replaced with someone who seemed to know more but who wasn't generally any more polite and we sat there feeling that we had somehow inconvenienced the staff - especially the cocktail waitress who seemed to snigger any time we made eye contact with her. Things didn't get any better when I ordered the smoked salmon, one of the few items that you have to pay for. It was awful - seemed to have been cooked or something.... we didn't want to pay for it but as we'd already had a run in with the staff over the wine we didn't feel too comfortable complaining at that moment so we put the excess on the room and decided to add it to out list of moans to bring up with reception before leaving the next morning.

My final piece of advice is to complain straight away. The duty manager came to see us on departure but flatly refused to alter out bill because we didn't complain at the time and despite explaining why we felt we couldn't (I know we sound moany types but actually we wanted to be discreet) his 'hotel policy' wouldn't (more like couldn't) allow him to alter our bill, so we reached an impasse on the matter but it was clear that customer service is so low in importance to them that we would end up paying. He should be a politician - I had to ask if he was actually listening to what I was saying at one point because his answers were completely irrelevant to my questions/complaints and he just went on and on about hotel policy - despite us explaining that we had been made to feel too awkward to make our complaints at the time - he just droned on about the policy (so be sure to ask for those when you arrive for your holiday reading so you won't be made to feel stupid and angry on departure!).

Beach was nice though and we had a lovely view from the balcony, I think all rooms face the beach - one of the few positives.

Room Tip: Go to a completely different hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank colette p
JollyManager, General Manager at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi Colette,

First of all, I’m very happy to hear that you loved our beach and the view from your balcony. Many people come to Antigua for the beaches alone, and we’re proud to be located on the best of the island’s 365 beaches!

Moving on, I’m disappointed to hear that you weren’t thrilled with the rest of your experience at Jolly Beach, though it is a bit unfair to compare us to hotels in a totally different price bracket.

Yes, Jolly Beach is a 3 star resort, but our rooms are kept clean and comfortable, as you mentioned, and we offer a huge array of amenities and activities, and, of course, that beautiful beach, at one of the best price points in Antigua :)

I’m sorry that you felt bothered by the birds. Avian wildlife is protected in Antigua, and it’s illegal to wilfully kill or wound them and to remove, injure, or destroy their nests or eggs. As such, we try our best to exist in harmony with our feathered friends, while also making guests as comfortable as possible. We do offer screened dining, as you referenced, and also play a bird scare program through the speakers in an effort to minimize their presence.

Finally, great customer service is an essential component of the Jolly Beach experience, and our ICARE program helps empower our staff to go above and beyond in addressing customer complaints, but I do realize that there’s always room for improvement and do apologize that you felt uncomfortable in some of your experiences with our staff.

I hope you enjoyed your daughter’s wedding and wish you all the best in your future travels.

Jolly Beach Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,013)
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a weeks stay at jolly beach and seen the last couple of reviews so wanted to put a few things across ... For 35 dollars each we easily arranged a late check out & enjoyed all the facilities including all inclusive until we left at 6 .30 def work extra to make most of last day and late flight.... Always use hotel safe we did no problem & bags left whilst enjoying sea perfectly safe.
Staff all friendly especially bar staff & Neil nothing was ever too much trouble. Food for all inclusive good and enjoyed & made most of the 3 lovely extra restaurants make sure you pre book loved Lydia's on the beach.
Did couple of trips ,yes quite expensive but Creole cruise worth doing you get to see island ,lobster lunch ,and a spot of snorkelling,if want a cheap trip to St Johns capital of Antigua catch local bus worked out about 80p and good experience & fun.
Beach is absolutely lovely a joy to walk on every day.
Yes hotel bit tired in few places, it's clean friendly and for the price you pay well worth a visit ---- thank you for a great holiday and the bottle of Sparkling wine left in my room for my birthday !

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Lynne00
Dear Lynne,

We love to hear you had such a great holiday and birthday at Jolly Beach!

Our beach really is a joy to walk on, as you mentioned, and I’m glad you were able to get out and enjoy it every day, as well as explore some of the other activities and sights that Antigua has to offer.

I’m especially pleased that you had such a great experience with our friendly staff, and will be sure to pass your comments along to Neil.

Hope to see you again!

Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed at the Jolly Beach Resort in Antigua for 6 nights in May 2014. We booked a getaway for Memorial Day weekend through Cheap Caribbean. Having been to several other Caribbean islands and all-inclusive resorts, I have to say that this place was not very nice, and I do NOT recommend it to others.

The resort is a $24 flat rate taxi ride each way from V.C. Bird Airport, and takes 30-45 minutes. So add a minimum of $48 to your all-inclusive costs.

The front desk staff at JBR was extremely rude, scowling, and unfriendly, and we had to fill out copious check-in forms in a hot, non-air conditioned lobby, after many hours of travel, all of which could have been done electronically before we arrived.

Our room was not ready, though check in time is 3pm, and it was after 3:30pm. We were told to wait. When I asked if we could get information about the restaurants and make some reservations for dinner while waiting for our room, the front desk clerk told us that we would have to wait to get a piece of paper with information about the resort when we got our room assignment. Huh? Is the information about the restaurants a secret? We found this response rude and unhelpful.

We went over to the pool grill to get some food since we were starving, and I was promptly attacked by a flock of seagulls. Literally they attacked my head and hands while they were trying to get my food. There are NO warning signs to guests about the dangers from the birds. I was screaming loudly before a staff member came to shoo the birds away from me.

Finally our room was ready. The “resort” was built in 1979, and has not been updated since. We were shown 2 standard rooms where the air conditioning did not work and were stifling hot and we said “No”. In the third room, the air conditioner worked (barely) and we were so hot and tired from our travel that we took it. It was now after 5pm.

We tried to work out every night, but their “gym” is more like a fitness museum. Of the 3 treadmills (circa 1990), 2 had yellowing signs that said “Out of Order”. None of the tension settings on the 4 stationary bikes worked. The two stair climbers worked, but were old, and needed to be replaced with parabolic/elliptical machines. Also, the staff of the gym seemed to make a habit of coming in and either occupying the limited equipment (1 working treadmill!) or to sit on the machines and stare at us while we were trying to work out. It was really uncomfortable and weird. I did ask one of them how long the 2 treadmills had been out of order, to which I received a non- answer that a repair request had been submitted. When? 1994?

The food and drink was decent for an all-inclusive. The meals in the restaurants were also decent. The service at the breakfast/lunch buffet was not good. I often had to hunt someone down for coffee, as the servers seemed to be skilled at avoiding eye contact and scowling at us. The inside of the buffet is fenced in with mesh because of the vicious birds, but they still get in, attack, and poop all over the tables and chairs. Makes you wonder about the sanitation. I ended up with poop on the back of my shirt from one of the chairs. Gross!

One other major issue was room security/safes. This is an All-Inclusive resort, yet they charge you extra for the use of the room safe. I have traveled to over 40 countries, and have NEVER been charged for the use of the room safe. It is ridiculous in my opinion, but we paid it anyway.

On top of that, our room was left unlocked by housekeeping FOUR TIMES. This leads me to believe that there is a SCAM going on here where the housekeepers “accidentally” leave the slider or door unlocked and ajar, and your room is robbed. We are vigilant about locking everything in the safe and double locking the room and slider. We reported this security problem about our room being left UNLOCKED to the front desk, but (surprise) they were unconcerned. When we asked to speak to the manager, he was “unavailable”. I asked the manager to contact us, and he never did. Also, be warned that the safe is too small for a regular sized laptop. See the other reviews - there have been lots of items stolen from rooms - BEWARE!

I could go on and on here – obviously we were just not happy with the place in general. I will boil it down to a Pros/Cons list.

PROS:
Beach sand and water are very nice, warm water.
Beach vendors were not as bad as other places we’ve stayed, and generally accepted a No, thank you.
Drinks and food is fine. The restaurants were nicer, and we received slightly better service than the buffet.
Dish/Cable for TV gets enough stations to satisfy.
Cab driver – we used King Jango Taxi for our trip to/from the ferry and to the airport. He is polite and on-time, and turns the air conditioner on, which we appreciated.

CONS:
Additional Charge for the use of the room safe + room left unlocked = high robbery risk
Additional Charge for Wi-Fi
Additional Charge for Airport Transfer
Room left unlocked 4 times by housekeeper. Once could be a mistake. 4 times seemed intentional.
Free Wi-Fi in lobby is unreliable, frequently unable to connect.
Mosquitos come in swarms at night, so trying to use the Wi-Fi or listen to the bands/DJ and you will be covered in itchy bites.
Attack birds/seagulls, even inside the mesh of the buffet
The pools do not open until 10am, despite there being no lifeguard.
Unfriendliness, rudeness, scowling of front desk staff
Harassed by reservation staff for the voucher that we handed over at Check-In time
Time consuming check-in process (Management: get the guest information electronically beforehand and have guest verify on arrival to cut down on check-in time.)
Absence of hotel manager, and lack of follow up with guests when there was a problem reported (room left unlocked).
Tiny, old TVs in rooms
Air conditioning in rooms does not work and/or does not work well.
Rooms were musty smelling, unacceptable, especially for allergies
Beds were uncomfortable.
There were no chairs in the rooms, not a single place to sit.
No hair conditioner, shower cap, or even tissues in the room.
Had to ask for more tiny soap
Coffee was terrible and in short supply. Coffee/Tea/Water should be available 24/7 at an all-inclusive.
Asked multiple times for mojitos at the bar, and they were always out of the ingredients. I wonder if they ever have them. It is a pretty popular drink.
Coconuts are EVERYWHERE on the resort - literally falling off the trees. How about offering them to guests? Offer the coconut water to drink and the meat to eat. We bought some from a beach vendor for $5 each.
No snacks at all (Chips, Pretzels, Popcorn, etc.)
The tours offered at the concierge desk were cash-based. We took the trip to Montserrat ($155 USD per person, plus $48 round trip taxi to the wharf). I do not know of anyone who travels with that much cash. The ATM in the casino had a $4 surcharge, plus the fees charged by your bank.
Stupid plastic wrist band to indicate that we have paid for all-inclusive had to be worn the entire 6 days. Gross and gave me a heat rash.

Bottom line: Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Test the air conditioner before the porter leaves.
2 Thank chernd00
JollyManager, General Manager at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Despite the fact that you weren’t happy with your overall stay with us, it’s great to hear that there were some elements of your vacation that turned out great! As you mention, our beach is definitely a highlight of the Jolly Beach experience, with beautiful sand and warm, turquoise water. I’m also glad you enjoyed the selections in our 5 different restaurants.

Regarding check-in, we do understand that any paperwork can feel tedious after a long flight, which is why we offer an online check-in option, which we recommend so you can get on the beach as quickly as possible :)

We also understand that the birds can be a bit off-putting for some guests, and since avian wildlife is protected by law in Antigua (as well as nests and eggs), we do our best to exist in harmony with the local wildlife while also maintaining our guests’ comfort. As you mentioned, we do offer indoor screened dining areas and also play a bird scare program through the speakers to minimize the presence of birds in the restaurant, though I’m sorry to hear about your experience with the seagulls at the outdoor grill.

As you mentioned, use of the in-room safe is an extra charge and is not included in the all inclusive package. This is clearly stated on our website. We charge for the safes separately so that only guests who wish to use the service pay for it.

Finally, I have to absolutely refute your statement regarding security and the “scam” to purposefully leave rooms unlocked. While I’m very sorry that you felt room security was lacking and that your request wasn’t treated with the attention you felt it deserved, all of our staff - including housekeeping - are highly commended by our guests for their friendliness and excellent service, and I can assure you that no such “scam” exists.

If you would like to discuss this matter in further detail, please feel free to contact me at vjeffers@jollybeachresort.com.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about Jolly Beach Resort. I wish you all the best in your future travels.

Jolly Beach Resort & Spa

Travellers are raving about these Bolans hotels

MASS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at Jolly Beach resort 5/14-5/20. When we arrived our room was not ready yet which if you have been traveling for several hours to get somewhere is not always the best thing to hear but we could deal just checked in got some food and our room was ready with in a couple of hours. We stayed in a Junior Suite. We could barely open our balcony doors they were all off track and falling off, bathrooms looked like cave with little bugs all over the place and furnishings were straight out of 1970. So if modern and luxury is your thing you will not be finding it here even in the most expensive rooms. But again we could deal it kind of felt more rustic and islandy which was cute also we are in paradise you could see the beach from the room and honestly not much time other then to sleep was spent in the room. Food was pretty good. Lots of birds flying around inside the buffet. I am an extremely picky eater and I found something at the buffet every time, they had a BBQ on the beach one night that was super fun, Lydia's honestly felt like fine dining with great food and super nice attentive staff and the beach grill was a really nice touch but beware of the seagulls they are not afraid to swoop down on you when you are walking away and steal food right from your hand! I got attacked! So scary!!! We were unable to go to the Italian because you needed pants which you really don't think to pack for a beach vacation but it does mention that on the website so that was our fault. Beach vendors can be a little pushy at times which can be a little annoying when you are just trying to relax but the beaches are public and they are just trying to make a living and most remember you after the first time you tell them you are not interested. They always had some kind of entertainment going on! Like steel drum bands and karaoke which was cool. Over all a fun resort a little different than a lot of the bigger kind of chain resorts on other islands and Mexico but it was a nice change from that. That brings me to our last day...which completely ruined the whole trip we had $300.00 stolen from our room while we were at Shirley Heights for the evening to go to a BBQ. Money which we were holding on to to rent a car for our last day there to see the rest of the island :( . The money was in the desk/vanity draw. In hindsight I really wish we had hidden it or paid the extra to rent the safe for the trip. I find it ridiculous that they charge you to rent a safe. Every resort I have every been to provides them for free. I will know from now on to just always pay the extra to get the safe no matter how nice an friendly the staff seems. It had to be some one in housekeeping or someone who worked there which is very disappointing because we had been more then generous with tips for all the staff including housekeeping :( . So security came to the room the next day (when we noticed it was gone) to look around and take a statement. They then told us all they could do was call the police have them come out and have us make an informal statement to them and we would then have to go to the police station on the island to make s formal statement. The process would most likely have taken up our entire last day and probably would not have resulted in us getting our money back and we would have lost the $300.00 that was stolen from us as well as the money we spent to be there for that day. So we deiced to not spend our last day in paradise giving police statements and sitting in a police station. The manager was so unsympathetic like he could not be bothered with us. At least security and the rest of the staff was shocked and felt bad for us but the manager could care less. He was extremely rude and basically said if we don't want to go the police station its not his problem. I am not an self entitled person but $300.00 is a large amount of money and when you work in hospitality and some one from your staff steals from guests who paid a lot of hard earned money to stay at your hotel/resort you should go out of your way to try to make things right for them and this guy was a complete jerk about it. The situation was handled so badly I would never go back or recommend it to anyone because of it. Even though we had money stolen from us I probably would not have given such a bad review if he had been a little kinder and attentive to us. Its unfortunate that a few bad apples ruined the bunch because everyone else was so nice and hardworking to ensure that you have a wonderful time. So to end my long review. Over all pleasurable vacation and minus the last day it was the definition of rest and relaxation! One of the most beautiful places I have ever seen (minus the décor) but just make sure to hide your money or pay extra to keep it in the safe because when its gone its gone and no one there really seems to care :/

Room Tip: Pay for the safe......
5 Thank JT12345
First of all, I just want to say that, while there were a few concerns, I’m happy you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and had an overall pleasurable vacation. It’s great to hear that, even as a self-proclaimed picky eater, you enjoyed the options in our restaurants, as well as the BBQ on the beach, and that you felt your vacation was the definition of rest and relaxation in one of the most beautiful places you’ve ever seen!

Our entertainment crew will also love to hear that you enjoyed all of the different options - steel drum bands, karaoke, etc. They work hard to make sure our guest enjoy themselves.

With regards to your room - yes, Jolly Beach is a 3 star resort with an array of great, value-friendly amenities. Our rooms are cleaned daily and all amenities and fixtures are kept in good repair, so I’m sorry to hear that you felt this wasn’t the case with your suite. We would have been very happy to have maintenance address any issues, if notified and given the chance. I AM glad that you enjoyed the beautiful views of the beach from your room, though :)

Finally, I’m very sorry to hear of your money that went missing, though I refute the immediate assumption that a member of our staff stole from you. Our staff are extremely professional and trust-worthy, and without a proper police investigation, it’s impossible to know exactly what happened. As I’m sure you’ll agree, there are many scenarios in which your money could have gone missing.

It is distressing to hear that you felt the on-duty manager was unsympathetic in this regard, and for that I do apologize.

As you mention, we do rent out in-room safes, which are NOT included in the all inclusive price (and this is clearly stated on our website). The reason the safes are an extra charge is so that only those guests who wish to use the service incur this extra expense.

In any case, even though you chose not to proceed with a formal police investigation, we do take allegations like this seriously. We will be doing an internal investigation to ensure we’re doing everything we can to prevent a situation like this from happening in the future.

Regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The total indifference to us on arrival at Reception was only the start. We had to ask what to do with our luggage and were rudely told - over there. The room was in a state of decay - the toilet door resting against the wall, completely off it's hinges. The bed uncomfortable, the furnishings almost totally non-existent. When asked for a hair dryer, one eventually arrived with no plug and the maintenance man attempted to wire it live directly into a socket! The buffet food was dripping all down the sides of the containers. We only stayed the one night and left early the next morning!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Miguel065_11
JollyManager, General Manager at Jolly Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Miguel,

As many other reviewers here have mentioned, our staff are usually a highlight for guests, offering friendly, helpful, and efficient service. Customer service is something that is very important to us, and we work hard to ensure all guests have a great service experience, so I’m very sorry to hear that you felt we fell short during your one night stay with us.

Our rooms do meet a 3 star standard, and they are kept meticulously clean. We appreciate that everyone’s tastes are different and, again, are sorry to hear of your disappointment.

Many of our guests seem to appreciate the incredible value we provide - from our stunning beach to our daily activities and nightly entertainment. It’s too bad you didn’t have the time to experience these features of the resort.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Antigua or wherever else your travels may have taken you after you left Jolly Beach.

All the best,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just returned from a one week vacation at this hotel and it was lovely and relaxing. My objective was to reset and relax while on vacation and this hotel was the prime location for it. Ive read reviews about comparing this hotel to 5 stars in other places and its just not justified. In my opinion you base your review on the experience of the current travel. I've great experiences in 2 star hotels but what made them great were living the moment. Travel with an open mind and don't netpick at everything because at the end of the day the positive outweighs the negative.:-) Having said this is my review and please feel free to message with any questions...

Arrival - It was prompt and friendly not to mention that "Rum punch" serve upon arrival was a good start to the vacation. There was no major surprises since the website provides you with information needed. Many complaing about the cost of the safe but that's nothing foreign since many hotels charge for this service. The reception staff were lovely and very friendly!

Room - The room were as expected and very clean! The housekeepers were also very friendly and welling to accommodate your request. The beds were comfy with plenty of pillows and balcony had a nice view. Bathroom was alway very clean and spotless! The only negative thing would be no water bottles in the room, we had go walk to the market to buy some. It was a 5 minute walk and the market had everything you can imagine. However, the hotel did have water dispensers so that you can fill up your water bottles.

Food - It was delicious and feasted with all the fish selections at the buffet! I would've love to have shrimp or lobster but none were available during my stay. If you're a picky eater your choices would be limited but since I'm not I put on some pounds!lol Loved getting my omelette with my choices of ingredients every morning and seating outside with a view of the ocean.... a great way to start your day! Look for Sandra as she's one of the best waitress in the buffet... she was always very polite and never did once my coffee got cold or pineapple juice warm! Tell her Mr. Coffee send you..lol Also, tall Sharon she was also my favourite and always sat at her section in the evening. These two ladies made my meals a pleasant experience.

Snacks - The burgers and the Jerk chicken at the snack bar by the pool were amazing! Just watch out for the seagulls ! lol Tea Time was also very pleasant in the afternoon at the courtyard! With a selection of finger foods and a good opportunity to check your emails or Facebook since you do get the free wifi on this area.

Bar -very friendly guys and welling to entartain you as you consume your beverages! Patrick was a gentleman and kept the "hitting on the women" more tasteful. One thing I couldn't understand was how people ask the guys to change the music (reggae,etc) to rock n roll! You're on an Island the music is part of the experience! lol

Beach - Jaw-dropping and stunning! You have to see it for yourself in order for you to believe me! The sunsets were breathtaking.. One of the best beaches I ever seen in I am from Costa Rica!

The Negative - my only issue was people getting up at 6am and leaving their towels on chairs on the beach and at times they never made it to the beach. Please be courteous to others and if you're not going to make it to beach don't place your towel... thank you!

These are views and I'm sure people would contest them but we are all entitled to our opinion. I get asked if I ever go back... my answer YES I will return soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
11 Thank Marvelas73
Henlow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have just returned from a weeks all inclusive holiday at Jolly Beach. This was a deal we found on BA Holidays web site. The hotel was excellent value for money. The food and drink was good and the beach fantastic. The only down side was the size of the 'super saver room' it was very small but did not spoil our holiday. We spent very little time in it, only sleeping there. I would definitely go back again if we found a similar deal.

4 Thank jwts49
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bolans
Blue Waters Antigua
Pineapple Beach Club Antigua
Sugar Ridge
Sugar Ridge
#2 of 2 in Jolly Harbour

Been to Jolly Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!