I have to say, I was a little sceptical after having read some of the reviews prior to my holiday. I can safely say , the resort was everything I was hoping for and more. The food was delicious in all restaurants, and catered for all taste's. My partner especially enjoyed the beach bar and grill, spare ribs I think were top of his list. I have a slightly more sophisticated pallet, and I especially enjoyed the lobster in Nicole's. Plenty of variation with menu's etc. The villa's are basic, very clean and the maid was in to clear up daily. Not luxurious but perfectly fine. View from balcony was so beautiful, waking to that every morning was amazing. Fortunate enough to have a water front room. Alcohol for me wasn't quite such a hit, I'm a wine drinker, mostly drank bucks fizz or red wine, Spanish red better than Chilean but had to ask for it. Lot's of premium brand spirit though. Staff all very friendly, and helpful. One down fall is there's no grocery shop near by and as there's a microwave and fridge in room felt it a bit pointless. fridge maybe not.....
Shops are pretty scarce in Antigua in general l so wouldn't recommend for keen shoppers. Beaches are beautiful, we hired a car so we seen many beaches outwith resort. Driving was easy as they drive on the same side of the road as us I the UK. Found some great secluded beach restaurants out on our travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua, Antigua And Barbuda