My husband, daughter and I spent 5 days and 4 nights at the Verandah from August 13th to the 17th.. I had read other reviews in which they would say how lazy and not nice the staff was. Totally wrong, the employees were hardworking,friendly and always had a smile. The place is very clean. We stayed in room 119, not to close to the main area. We were probably known as the shuttle family. They have golf carts that shuttle you from one area to another if needed. My husband had broken his toe prior to going and was in so much pain, poor thing could not stand for a long period of time so we used the shuttle at all times. I think I would recommend a room near the main pool area. The rooms were spacious and very clean. We had a king size bed and a sofa bed for our daughter. It had a mini fridge and also flatware, silver ware and dinnerware. The bathroom had a double sink and a walk in shower which was great. We used the main beach, plenty of chaise lounge chairs as well as towels and water sports available. The beach was shallow and no waves, my type of beach. Buffet food was good, Buccaneer restaurant food was great, but hard to get a reservation. You need to make reservations 24 hrs in advance. We tried since Thursday and did not get anything until Saturday.. the food was delicious. the restaurant was never full in the time we were 0800-0930pm. One day we decided to go into St. John's, the Verandah has a shuttle at $14.00 pp that will take you but they need a certain amount of persons. For $52.00 for the 3 of us you can have a private car, the driver waits for you and then takes you back to the Verandah, well worth the price. The drive to St. John's is 30 minutes. While in St. John's there are a lot of little shops and also known companies like Sunglass Hut and Burger king...You see the natives selling fruits and vegetables in the sidewalks. You can take a walk to Long Bay Beach which is located 2 minutes from the resort. A big THANK YOU to:
Janice- Tours- for making us feel at home and giving us the right recommendations..She was awesome...
Jonathan- our Santo Domingo shuttle driver who was a delight.
Barbara- Asst. Manager- Thank you for helping us when we couldn't figure out why we were getting locked out of our rooms...You were very patient....Thank you!
Lionel-attending manager- and Lori (guest services) for going out of their way to get my oranges....
One thing I did not care for were the tree frogs, oh my gosh, very noisy!
Thank you all for a lovely vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is a world-class all-inclusive resort overlooking the crystal blue Caribbean waters of Antigua. Perfect for couples, friends, families, honeymoons, and weddings. Guests love the resort's friendly, romantic atmosphere, with lots of activities for adults, teens, and children--not to mention our Two White Sand Beaches!The Verandah's four restaurants, four bars, four swimming, including the largest freeform freshwater swimming pool in Antigua. Activities include hobie cat sailing, kayaking, swimming, snorkeling, pedal boats, supervised Kids Club, 18-hole miniature golf course, and much more.Indulge at our Spa Tranquility, featuring a wide array of massage and beauty treatments, or enjoy a workout in our air-conditioned fitness center.We look forward to having you as our guest, and thank for your choosing The Verandah Resort & Spa, Antigua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Verandah Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Verandah Hotel Saint Philip
- Verandah Resort And Spa
- Verandah Hotel St Johns
- Verandah Resort All Inclusive
- The Verandah Resort & Spa Antigua, Antigua And Barbuda