I just read George's review "An Unusual Way to Run A Hotel" - and he got it spot on, wrote it a lot funnier than I would have! But Brits do have to be funny, don't they? And George, we did love meeting you! We were one of the US couples they met who were on our third visit, scheming on how soon we could make our 4th. Simply put: they just don't make places like this anymore - but sssshhhhhhh, don't tell anyone! Wouldn't want it to get around, especially someplace like Trip Advisor, would we? But then again, we believe in Curtain Bluff, in the survival of the incredible beach spot that's not a mega resort, but one that embodies everything wewant to enjoy - not the least of which is the folks who, as George says, really want to work there, the third generations from Old Town, and so, share we must. But if you do come, don't expect perfection. If you're one of those terribly upscale snobs, please stay home It's not the newest, not the most this, not the ultimate that, but yet, the spa just might be perfect, the food just might be the best you've had in the Caribbean, the view might undo you, the people might take your breath away. And if you don't expect perfection, then it will find you... there.
Tally Ho, George!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flanked by water on both sides, Curtain Bluff sits on a rocky promontory (bluff) that juts into the sea between two beautiful beaches. One is calm, ideal for swimming and watersports; the other beach is washed by ocean surf. 72 Rooms and suites, all with staggering seascape views, are spread out along the Surf Beach and up the bluff. There are two restaurants: the open-walled Tamarind Tree serving breakfasts and candle-lit dinners, and the Beach Cafe & Bar, where barefoot-casual lunches are enjoyed one step from the sand and a few feet from the water's edge.The resort's exceptional facilities include a championship tennis center, a fully equipped watersports center (scuba, Windsurfing, paddle-boarding, waterskiing, Hobie Cats and kayaks), a squash court and fitness center. When it's time to relax, there's our tranquil spa overlooking the sea, a beachside swimming pool, a beach bar, and hammocks swaying in the shade of coconut palms.With the exception of a few above-and-beyond luxuries (Cuban cigars, vintage wines, spa treatments), everything is included in the room rate, making it one of the best values in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Destinology, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Curtain Bluff Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Curtain Bluff Hotel Bolans
- Curtain Bluff Antigua
- Curtain Bluff Resort Antigua