My family stayed at Curtain Bluff for 10 days over spring break. We enjoyed ourselves very much. We have a 5 year old son, and he was very happy with the kids club - lots of fun activities for the children (fishing, crafts, making ice cream, etc) - and all of the other family oriented acitivities. We took him snorkeling, tubing, sailing, or just spent the afternoon playing in the pool or at the beach. Food was very good, always plenty of choices. One day, a group caught a large Mahi Mahi while deep sea fishing, and this is what appeared on the menu that night. Hard to beat that! I went scuba diving every single morning (the boat goes every morning from 9 AM to 10 AM). Diving was okay - in honesty, I saw more snorkeling (reef shark, eagle rays, turtles). There are no 2-tank dives, and if you are a hard core diver, this is not the place for you. They go to the same 5 or so dive sites everyday (roughly 5 - 10 minute boat ride from the resort).
I would recommend this resort to families or anyone just needing some R&R.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flanked by water on both sides, Curtain Bluff sits on a rocky promontory (bluff) that juts into the sea between two beautiful beaches. One is calm, ideal for swimming and watersports; the other beach is washed by ocean surf. 72 Rooms and suites, all with staggering seascape views, are spread out along the Surf Beach and up the bluff. There are two restaurants: the open-walled Tamarind Tree serving breakfasts and candle-lit dinners, and the Beach Cafe & Bar, where barefoot-casual lunches are enjoyed one step from the sand and a few feet from the water's edge.The resort's exceptional facilities include a championship tennis center, a fully equipped watersports center (scuba, Windsurfing, paddle-boarding, waterskiing, Hobie Cats and kayaks), a squash court and fitness center. When it's time to relax, there's our tranquil spa overlooking the sea, a beachside swimming pool, a beach bar, and hammocks swaying in the shade of coconut palms.With the exception of a few above-and-beyond luxuries (Cuban cigars, vintage wines, spa treatments), everything is included in the room rate, making it one of the best values in the Caribbean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Destinology and Hotels.com so you can book your Curtain Bluff Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Curtain Bluff Hotel Bolans
- Curtain Bluff Antigua
- Curtain Bluff Resort Antigua