Carlisle Bay Antigua
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Curtain Bluff Resort(Saint Mary's)
View Hotel
South Point Antigua(English Harbour)
View Hotel
Sugar Ridge Resort(Jolly Harbour)
Tamarind Hills(Saint Mary's)
1,021 results
All reviewsocean suitekids clubtennis courtsindigo restauranteast restaurantcoffee machinejetty barbeach servicethe general managersecond bedroomfruit kebabsspa treatmentswater sportsday bedmain bedroomfamilies with young childrenlunch and dinner
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Cons: the staff is not properly trained and not supervised by the totally absent management...the rooms have good size but lack of proper finishing...the beach is not serviced at all notwithstanding the dedicated staff ....the spa shows its years........the swimming pool area is dirty and not well kept...Ottimo restaurant is worthless ...
Pros: the beach ...the Indigo resturant but the menu should change more ....Patricia at the Indigo and Juliet at the reception....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank 5Archer
Hotel M, Manager at Carlisle Bay Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear 5Archer,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the beach setting, Indigo and that Patricia and Juliet were able to take great care of you. I will share your kind comments with both of them personally.

I do apologise that you encountered some inconveniences during your stay, although it does give me great pleasure to let you know that Carlisle Bay is currently undergoing cosmetic refurbishments to our suites and property. Furthermore, we will be reopening this season after some exciting service training focus, which will be taking place during thesummer weeks.

We thank you for choosing Carlisle Bay and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Just returned from 4 nights at Carlisle Bay and could not be more pleased. From the moment we entered across the bridge over the koi pond until the time we departed, our stay a Carlisle Bay was wonderful. Tony at check-in was so accommodating when we asked to switch rooms (personal reasons; not anything wrong with the room) and he helped with so many little things throughout our stay.All the staff was extremely warm and welcoming. The room was impeccable with an amazing view. We loved that the adults could be separate from the kids.

The food is quite good.We went during their low season and the hotel is closing for their break the end of this week so we did feel a bit limited in terms of where we could eat. Ottimo was not open for dinner during the days we were there so it really left only East and Indigo. We had a lot of Indigo with breakfast and dinner, but we did eat at East once. We also did lunch at the Jetty grill; it would be amazing if that stayed open longer so you could do drinks at sunset there!

I gave this a 4/5 for some minor service issues. I think the staff is just ready for a break from a long season so we had a few instances where we felt that. Rarely did someone come by on the beach to see if we wanted any drinks and we were out there from about 10-6 every day. This was a relaxing long weekend getaway so all we wanted to do was lie on the beach. As we didn't venture off the property, it would have been really nice to have bit more service attention on the beach. We appreciate island time, but there were a few times at the Indigo Bar where we could not get anyone to come over so we could order/refill a drink. During one lunch, our order was completely forgotten and we waited over an hour for anything to come out. I will say that Kayon completely recognized this oversight and comped our entire meal. He is a wonderful part of Carlisle Bay!

These minor things did not ruin our stay one bit. I mention them only to explain why I didn't give the highest rating. We absolutely loved our time here. The property is gorgeous and the amenities are top notch. Many of the visitors are British; in fact we think we may have been the only Americans there during our stay! All of their children are so well behaved and it was noticeable to us as we were not traveling with kids. It was impressive indeed. So, although the resort is very kid friendly, don't let that deter you from going should you not have kids. Go, eat, drink and be merry! It is well worth it!

Room Tip: The 2nd floor ocean suites have great beach views but the 3rd floor suites do tend to have obstruction from the top of the trees. We were in 215, then 306. Both rooms are exactly the same but our beach view was better on the second floor due to the tops of the trees.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacy B
Hotel M, Manager at Carlisle Bay Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Spooky597,

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are delighted to hear that you both had a relaxing stay and were able to enjoy the various outlets. I will certainly share your kind comments with Tony and the rest of the team, who I know will be thrilled.

We apologise for the breach in services you experienced. As a hotel and team, we are very appreciative of feedback as it helps us to identify where improvements are necessary.

Thank you for choosing Carlisle Bay, we look forward to having the entire family join us again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

From the minute we arrived until the time we boarded our plane, we were treated like Royalty. Kerry-Ann greeted us upon arrival and gave us a fantastic, informative tour of the premises. The beach is perfect, right outside our suite door, water was clear and perfect. The suite was outstanding and the room service was exceptional. Every member of staff that we encountered from the time we arrived until we left, were amazing. They were genuinely interested in our wellbeing and went above and beyond to make our stay more comfortable. Thanks Elliot for climbing a tree and getting me a fresh coconut, to Kofi at the bar for making sure I was well looked after day in day out, to Larry who was outstanding with his service on every level. Karl & Jodi for getting me the Aloe plant to help with my sunburn (which worked by the way) and Michael for constantly checking in on me to make sure I was happy, had everything I needed and above all, the entire staff were amazing. The food was interesting, cocktails plentiful and not to forget, the pizza's at the pool restaurant are to die for. The hotel arranged a taxi to/from the doc for me, and he waited for me while I was in town. Overall, amazing hotel and would highly recommend to anyone who is lucky enough to go to the Caribbean. I know that I will never get this level of customer care in any other hotel I visit. I do hope to return to this amazing hotel again

Room Tip: Our experience was amazing so cannot give any tips as it was perfect
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MelissaMooney,

Thank you for your lovely comments. It was absolutely our pleasure having you with us! We are so pleased to hear that the team took such great care of you and ensured that your experience with us was memorable. I will be sure to share your kind comments with them.

Thank you for choosing Carlisle Bay, we look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I was at the Carlisle Bay about 3 weeks ago and am sadly just getting the time to write a review now. Too bad the great relaxation I felt at the Carlisle Bay didn’t last a long time since it was a wonderful experience. I had made a last minute booking to the resort for some much needed R&R and got exactly that. Simply put, the resort is extremely relaxing……gorgeous bay, beautiful beach, OUTSTANDING service, caring staff, delicious food, luxurious room (I stayed in an Ocean view room on the top floor which had a wonderful view). From the second you arrive in the serene lobby area (which is lovely because it does not have that normal industrial hotel lobby feel), you are treated to a great experience. It is clear that they try to improve all aspects of your stay and strive to keep the resort at a very high standard. I had traveled on my own, and felt very safe and well taken care of by an attentive staff (I miss breakfast on the balcony!). I had booked the tennis week and was thoroughly impressed with the tennis coach Ken. He is a great trainer!! The tennis week came with a massage which was fine. The spa area needs soft background music or such since the outside noise can be heard in the massage room. Nevertheless, I would still give the Carlisle Bay a 5. It truly was a relaxing and beautiful resort!

Room Tip: I was in room 311 which had an unobstructed view of the beach, but room 315 which I saw first was partially blocked by a palm tree.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank YasminlH

Dear YasminIH,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had a relaxing stay and that you had a chance to enjoy the Carlisle Bay experience!! I will share your comments with Ken and the rest of the team who I know will be equally delighted.

As a property, we aim at exceeding all guest expectations and are very appreciative of your comments and in particular, your Spa experience as it assists us in improving our product.

We thank you for choosing Carlisle Bay and we look forward to having you join us again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We all have goals. One may strive for perfection, which is difficult enough for one person. Can you imagine how hard it is for a hotel resort to have all their colleagues strive for perfection? Not only does Carlisle Bay strive for perfection, they surpass it day after day, month after month and year after year. So much so that it makes it so pleasurable that we come back every single year.

A vacation is meant for total relaxation, excellent food and beverages, fun activities and superb service, or as we call it typical Carlisle Bay atmosphere.

Consummate professionals who not only strive for perfection, each and every colleague exceeds that perfection with all of us, their guest the beneficiary of such exemplary service.

The pride each colleague takes in each guest’s enjoyment and pleasure is extraordinary.

Excellent attention to detail by Sandy Joseph and her reservation team makes sure your needs are set prior to your arrival. From the moment you arrive, the staff jumps into action. From Winston, Juliet Kerry-Ann, Carson, Leslie, Shawnlee and the rest of the front desk team, you already begin to relax.

When you get ready to enjoy the incredible restaurants and bars, you being to catch the spell of Demanthie, Avella, Elizabeth, and Delvin and their first rate servers and staff as they serve the best food in the Caribbean.

And speaking of food, it is the creation and vision of the incredible Chefs and Kitchen staff. The food they prepare and serve at every restaurant throughout the day is beyond belief.

Drinks made by Devon, Demo, La’ron, Jodi and served by Simone, Natalie, Tracy, Augustine and their entire team is beyond compare.

The only better place is to get a drink at one of the bars is at the beach. Barrymore and his co-workers make sure you experience wonderful concoctions as you lay on the beautiful sand. Same is true with the SPA and people like Gail.

The strive for perfection continues with the best maid service I have experienced at any hotel or resort anywhere on the world, Led by Wendy, her team of Sylvia and all the maids and attendants are exceptional.

Another aspect of the exceptional service is when you really need assistance. No matter how much we wish we can go on vacation and leave work behind that is not a reality. We had a big issue with our computer not working. Their attention to details and service we received in correcting OUR problem was incredible. From Shemoy, Juliet, Kerry-Ann and Michael, the manager all assisted and treated my problem as if it was their issue. This culture of Strive for Perfection was in effect as well. As I was sitting at the front desk and I was alone, Andre, a chef who makes Pizza at one of the restaurants (the best pizza anywhere by the way) stopped and made sure I was being taken care of. Incredible! By the way, my issue was solved and I actually closed a big business deal while sitting at the beach.

As sad as leaving is, Glasmine and team makes sure your bill is right and as Winston packs your bags in the car back to the Airport, you know two things. One is that Carlisle Bay surpasses their goal to Strive for Perfection. The second thing you know is that you will be back again next year.

Michael Europe, and the entire management team should be very proud of the most incredible group of people who are all geared to surpass their Strive for Perfection goals.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mark M
Hotel M, Manager at Carlisle Bay Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Mark M,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detailed and lovely comments! I will certainly share this with the entire team who I know will be delighted. I was so pleased to read that you were able to relax on the beach, sample gourmet meals and at the same time, close a major business deal!

We are truly blessed to have such a fantastic team on board. It is a fact that exceptional and extraordinary service goes a long way which makes a stay ultimate.

Thank you for choosing Carlisle Bay once again and for your continued support, it was absolutely our pleasure having you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon…….