Hermitage Bay
US$414
US$182
Bookit.com
US$110
Carlisle Bay Antigua(Saint Mary's)
US$704
US$500
US$485
  • Breakfast included
Curtain Bluff Resort(Saint Mary's)
US$1,188
US$951
Sugar Ridge Resort(Jolly Harbour)
US$263
COCOS Hotel Antigua(Jolly Harbour)
US$525
US$315
US$236
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Tamarind Hills(Saint Mary's)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,126 results
All reviewsoutdoor showerhillside suiteplunge poolour honeymoonorganic gardenevery mealhill sidewater sportsgolf cartmini barred flagthrough customsvirgin mojitohuge bathroomsecluded beachlunch menubeach service
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had such a relaxing holiday here in 2012 that we returned in 2013, just 9 months later as a special treat. It is still a magnificent destination for those seeking a totally isolated, switched off type of venue, so why review it again so soon after?
Well this time we were upgraded to one of the villas up the hill so I am able to chip in my tuppence worth on the hillside villas. The villas are very private and the views are sensational, the pool we had was small but adequate, the loungers and couches on the large terrace are extremely comfortable, the bedrooms are well appointed and as a bonus the bathrooms are separate rooms off the bedrooms and have a functioning door separating the two, unlike the beachfront villas which lack the door!
I can see why some people enjoy the seclusion of the hillside villas and the views, but sad to say we asked to be downgraded the following day as we like being right down on the beach, even though some architect has decided on making the bathrooms semi open plan to the bedroom and wardrobe area. The beachfront villas have massive bedrooms compared to the villa we had up the hill, and they still have a lovely view of the sea although they lack the vista of the hillside villas. One thing I learned this time is a beachfront villa is obviously right at the front, whereas a beachside villa is on the second row where each villa sits facing the sea between every beachfront villa.
We like the independence of walking along the flat path for dinner or a drink, rather than a hike up the hill in the heat, or waiting a few minutes for the little golf buggy to take you up, and the swimming in the sea for us is much more enjoyable than swimming in the private pool.
Two things we did this time which we didn't do last time were a) we went on a short guided tour of the organic garden and saw the fruit, vegetables and flowers which are grown for the hotel, and b) we took a free trip on the hotel's water sports boat for about an hour visiting the bird sanctuary on the little island opposite and Jolly Harbour nearby.
We may need another treat soon and while we will choose different Caribbean islands we will make the exception to once again include Hermitage Bay on our itinerary.

Room Tip: For us we can't see past beachfront villas but I know many guests prefer the views afforded by the secluded hillside villas. The choice is yours.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank whitesheilagh
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My husband and I stayed for 10 days for our honeymoon in June. It truly was above and beyond our expectations!

We arrived a day late due to airline difficulties. When we arrived I was feeling quite ill, ended up in the hospital in kidney failure when I returned! And my husband pulled his Achilles on the trip down. We were in bad shape! They immediately got us ice for both if our swollen feet and told us room service was on them for the evening. As a side note, at dinner the next night we thought we were told room service was on them for the rest of the trip. When our vacation was over they said they never said that. There was obviously a misunderstanding and I'm really not sure who was was wrong but they very graciously took care of it. Back to arrival. They got us checked in and taken to our room very quickly. Omg!!! The 36 hours of our travel nightmare were instantly forgotten as soon as we entered cottage 25. More beautiful than any picture! The plunge pool was unbelievable! We loved the outdoor shower. The way the foliage hung with just splashes of beautifully colored flowers, it was almost fake! And the bathtub!!! To die for! My husband would run a bath and get me settled in every night and then open the shutters. Every night I was taken aback by the beauty! It never got old!

The beach was lovely. Very shelly but not a problem for us. The sand was soft as soon as you got in the water. We loved swimming in the ocean. We only went in the main pool a couple of times. It was very nice but we love the ocean and when we wanted pool time we loved the privacy of our cottage.

The service was unreal. I wish I could remember everyone's name! I really enjoyed Linda at the bar. She was wonderful to talk to. I wish I could remember more names. Everyone was so awesome. I think they all had such a knack of reading the guests and knowing how much people wanted to interact. Me and my husband love to talk to local people and hear about there lives. We really enjoyed talking to the staff but they also just knew when a little more privacy was wanted. Exceptional! There was a gentleman that worked in the restaurant who took notice of how hot my husband was at dinner every night. He didnt like the almond scented iced towels they had, I loved them but they did seem to attract bugs, so the server made sure there were plain iced towels for him for lunch and dinner the rest of the trip. There was a British waitress we had one day who we told we didn't like line in our diet cokes, several days later when someone else was waiting on us she told them because we forgot. Little things like that really make an impression. I feel like this review is all over the place but I just keep remembering awesome things! One day our closet door broke, huge heavy door, almost landed on me! Scary but absolutely freak accident. Allison the manager sent up champagne and flowers and chocolate that night at sunset. Completely unnecessary but really appreciated. Really, nothing bad to say about the service. It was perfect.

Food and drink, outstanding. Sometimes both took a little long but always worth the wait. I generally do not like all invlusive food or drinks. This is not like any big chain all inclusive. The drinks are all made with fresh ingredients and you can tell. Same with the food. Delicious. We would order three entrees at dinner every night because we just wanted to try everything! Seriously some of the best food we have ever eaten, definitely the best all inclusive food we have ever had.

I could just keep going but I think I got my point out. It is pricey. And it was more than we had wanted to spend on our honeymoon but once we saw it we knew we had to go! You really get what you pay for. Worth every penny. We have never wanted to revisit somewhere we have went. Even places we loved just because we like to try new things. We absolutely hope to return here in the future. I can't imagine anything better!

There were a few things that were less than perfect that I guess I'll mention. Our pool light was burnt out. We called a couple of times and they always said they would get it fixed but never did. There were a couple of missing pool tiles. We did not have luxury transportation to and from the airport, although it was fine, just not the luxury vehicle promised. There were a lot of bugs, not the resorts fault obviously. The lighting in the bathroom is terrible and I wished there was a vanity mirror. That's really all I can think of and really, all minor things. Nothing to not give my full recommendation and nothing to deter me from returning.

To sum it up, just go! Best vacation ever!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank cnh311
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Hermitage Bay was the perfect location for our Honeymoon. The staff was impeccable! They were kind, helpful, and made you feel very comfortable. When we asked about excursions, they not only recommended the best ones, but booked them for us, so we had to worry about nothing, but enjoying our time! The food was unbelievable - we found ourselves looking forward to what would be on the menu at each meal time. The location was perfect - there are only 39 suites, which makes for a more romantic and quiet environment. We stayed in number 37, which is highly recommended if you want to enjoy the most amazing views! We could not have asked for a more perfect paradise for our Honeymoon. We are definitely planning on returning in the future!

Room Tip: The upper hillside suite was quiet and the views were amazing!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is our last night at HB. We have a hillside suite w/a pool. Well worth the extra money. There are other hotels that describe themselves as barefoot elegance. Well, this is the refined cousin. Most people come here for the beach, the food. But your lasting memory is the staff. They go out of their way to accomodate you. Whatever your special request, they will try to accomodate you. There are a number of people that need special reconigition: Vera, the fixer...she will do all she can to make you feel welcome, Shebekie, just her smile alone will let you know that you are special. Rozelyn is just wonderful. Errol also. Kempton not only is the F&B manager, he also assists with the organic garden, he gave us a private tour that was wonderful.

The beach is fine. Anthony and Laura will put cushions, towels and water at your chairs. When you return from lunch, Anthony will have replaced your water bucket with fresh ice and water! Devon will give you a tour of the bay...

The food is good, but you need to remember that due to their size, they need to accomodate all tastes and diets. Soups are vegetable based not chicken or beef stock as the base. There will be something for everyone each day. The Creme Brule and the Flan are great.
We will definately return. Now for a last swim in the pool under the stars

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

It's tough to write a "short" review for a place that excels in every category.

The food was nothing short of fantastic.
The views were beautiful.
The drinks were ready for you whenever you wanted one.
Our suite and plunge pool made it difficult for us to even venture down to the beach!
The staff was spectacular.

I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: splurge for a room w/ a plunge pool!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple