“Excellent”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Every place I go, I always compare a steak sandwich to the Cox's steak sandwich. They never compare!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Any questions the man from Carrickcraft said before handing over the boat, can you recommend somewhere good to eat I said. Don’t go past Cox’s Steakhouse in Dromod. We were unable to dock on our travel south but we managed to get a spot on our return journey and it was well worth it.

The steaks were amazing with service to match. Located in the centre of the village about 400m from the marina. There are a few outside tables but plenty of room inside. The steak was cooked to perfection.

If I can’t get docked the next time I’ll drop anchor and swim ashore!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been here several times as a couple and with friends. We have had breakfast, Lunch and dinner on different occasions. Sometimes the food is good, sometimes its not. The service is not the best. There is an English lady behind the bar who is consistently pleasant, but the rest of the staff could use some customer service training. Our last meal there was so awful i have vowed not to go back. I grately detest paying good money for bad food and bad service. As my husband said..how can you burn a toasted cheese sandwich without toasting the bread? They some how managed it. We wont talk about the huge tv...so loud the waiter had a hard time taking our order. It does not create a harmonious atmosphere for dinner, even in a pub. There are better restaurants in Dromod. Oh can a lucinda award be rescinded?

2  Thank Angelwings444
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Been there many times excellent food service and location , close to the River Shannon in a quaint village called Dromod., just off the N4 traveling from Longford heading west for Carrick on Shannon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My mate & I, just returned home, from a 1 week boating holiday, on a hire boat, on the River Shannon. We berthed for 1 overnight, at Dromod Harbour. I came across this restaurant, about 400 yards from the harbour. I went into it, in the afternoon, to book a table, for the two of us, for 7.00pm. I explained that my mate was disabled, & could not walk that distance.I asked if there was any local taxi. The manager, or owner, I spoke to, immediately said he would pick us up, at 7.10pm. He arrived promptly, & drove us to the restaurant. Then, arranged for his brother, to drive us back, after our meal.
Neither of them would accept any payment, for the transport. This was away beyond the service I expected. We paid for our meals, Then got driven back. My mate & I would like to thank the management, very much, for the added service. Alexander. Trotter.