“A gem off the beaten track”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kyle Farmhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tinahely
Kyle Farmhouse
Ranked #1 of 5 Tinahely B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“A gem off the beaten track”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at Kyle Farmhouse B&B as we were attending a wedding in nearby Ballybeg House. As other reviews have mentioned, Margaret offered her help in dropping us down to the reception after the wedding Mass - very helpful when you consider how rural this area is. Unfortunately I had managed to forget my dress shoes for the wedding, but this wouldn't faze Margaret - she lent me (AND polished) a pair of shoes for the evening - hope her son doesn't mind!
The quality continued the next day with our breakfast - which was served at a very reasonable 11am as our heads were slightly fragile - full Irish and enough cereal and toast to feed an army. Very reasonable room rates also. Could not recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

From the time we got there, we were made feel so welcome! Margaret really made us feel at home, she even ironed my dress (hello)! Rooms were lovely, very clean, she gave us home made bread and cake with tea & coffee at different times throughout the day! All in all she was a legend and I genuinely couldn't recommend this place more! Thank you again :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at the Farmhouse with 5 friends who I had met earlier in the year on the Camino de Santiago. From the moment we arrived there was a warm welcome swiftly followed with tea and home made cake; just the job after a day in the pouring rain. Nothing was too much trouble for Margaret and her husband; drying clothes,taxi to the pub,showing a lady from our party the cows being milked,sorting out accommodation for the next day.The food was excellent. The only complaint was the problem leaving the table after three superb courses of home made fayre!!
A true credit to the locality.
Bob (Plymouth England)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bob C
Paisley,Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I really enjoyed my overnight stay at Kyle Farmhouse.I was welcomed with tea and cakes,which was a good start.The room was very comfortable and the breakfast was out of this world.I and my dog had a lovely walk on part of the loop walk which passes through the farm.We will be back if we can!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Maldegem, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed for three nights in this B&B. We arrived on sunday evening in the dark, and couldn't find it, luckily Margaret was so kind to come to pick is up in the nearest town Tinahely. We very much enjoyed our stay, and so did our two border collies. We could just walk out the door and start walking.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

A friend and I, walking the Wicklow Way, arrived late afternoon at Kyle Farm and were immediately made to feel at home. We were offered refreshments and when we asked if there was wine, Margaret produced a bottle of her own and even asked if we wanted her to go into the village to buy some - which we declined. We were provided with a lovely home-cooked meal and, most appreciated was the fact
that Margaret did some washing and drying for us. A real treat after living out of a bag for a few days.
The house is cosy and comfortable. Margaret also drove us back to join the Wicklow Way which
was certainly more than we had expected. We did not meet her husband, but Margaret herself is
warm, friendly and accomodating. Kyle farm is worth the extra 1 km off the Wicklow Way.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Saskatoon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I stayed here early in July while on the Wicklow Way. I was walking coast-to-coast across Ireland. Great view of Irish countryside from the patio and great home-cooked dinner. Staying at a farmhouse in the country was a real Irish experience. On the way there, I had walked down a lovely country road. The road and the B&B were a very nice contrast to the ugly conifer plantations I had passed through earlier. I felt I had been re-embursed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Been to Kyle Farmhouse? Share your experiences!