“Little Gem”

Cuisines: Asian, European, Irish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My Husband and I together with 14 family members had dinner in Dylan on Saturday night. It was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. The Restaurant was packed but yet we could not fault the service or the food. Dylan very kindly let us order from the early bird menu if we wished so it was also very reasonable. Between all of us we got to sample most items on the menu and everything was so tasty and well presented. I had the mushroom starter which was really lovely, even the side salad was delish. The steak was cooked to perfection and came with home made onion rings together with mushrooms,chips and fresh steamed veg. For dessert I had the cheesecake which was melt in the mouth! Dylan also very kindly did a fix up job on my birthday cake which had earlier that day landed upside down in its box! The cake came out looking better than it had in the first place after the chef worked some magic. I really recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Catriona H

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Most pleasant meal here after a circuit walk using the Tinahely Railway Walk and the Wicklow Way; warm ambience with equally warm and welcoming waitress who couldn't have been more helpful. They don't have a wine licence but don't charge corkage either so go to the supermarket first for your drink. Food choice on the early bird was excellent and great value !

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We recently had the opportunity to attend a cultural Irish-Canadian event in Coolatin House and our hosts suggested Dylan's. Great food, great service. Quite a discovery. We ended up eating there three times, every occasion a splendid discovery. Dylan and his lovely wife are very very hospitable and make every effort to make each meal memorable. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

A very ordinary restaurant, foods fine for a little village like Tinahely but nothing special. Food is very bland and staff are a little intrusive. The desert I had was gorgeous though I must say! The tinahely coffee shop is far nicer.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

This is a great restaurant to dine out in if you're ever in Tinahely.The food was excellent; tasting fresh and exploding with flavor!Would recommend to anyone and We will definitely return.