We stayed here for 1 night, having caught the afternoon ferry from Fishguard to Rosslare.
The place is situated in magnificent grounds about 10 minutes drive from the ferry. The bedrooms and the entire property are spotlessly clean, with comfortable beds and an excellent breakfast is provided by Austin & Patricia Cody, who are welcoming & friendly hosts. Parking is free and plentiful on site.
We tried to get an evening meal at the nearby Cushens pub but on arrival there we were told that the chef was not working that day (Wednesday) so no food was available. We ended up driving to Rosslare Strand where we bought fish and chips.
An excellent stopping off point for the ferry or for exploring the Wexford area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Churchtown House is a beautiful and historic 18th Century Queen Anne style Country Guesthouse set in eight and a half acres of parkland style gardens. The building, the garden and the wonderful location combine to mak it a wondefully relaxing and evocative place to stay ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L. and Booking.com so you can book your Churchtown House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Churchtown Hotel Rosslare
- Churchtown House Rosslare/Tagoat, Ireland