We spent two nights at the lodge as we could not get into the Sossusvlei Dune Lodge inside the park and Kulala is the closest next choice. We found the accommodation very comfortable, spacious and airy. We had opted for the all inclusive rate and I am not completely convinced that this is really good value. The food was fine, drinks included and excursions as well. We went into the park and the dunes very early one morning - unfortunately unless you stay inside the park you can only enter at sunrise despite the fact that the lodge has its own private gate into the park. It does make access easier though and allows you a slight edge on getting to the dunes.
Our guide for the two days was helpful and knowledgeable.
The lodge is also extremely conveniently situated if you want to go ballooning over the dunes. The take off spot is about 15 minutes away by car and this allows really easy access.
There is limited internet access through a rather slow single PC - but at least it does allow connectivity.
I would recommend staying in a room close to the lodge as it is quite a walk to some of the rooms and you need to leave your car in the parking lot at the lodge.
All in all a good experience with a great view of the dunes from the room and the lodge. It would seem that the dunes closest to the lodge are actually the highest in the park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With vistas directly onto majestic red dunes, Kulala Desert Lodge is the closest location to Sossusvlei, and perhaps the lodge with the most spectacular views. The lodge's accessibility, and its large, friendly lounge and dining area with wrap-around veranda make this oasis in the desert perfect for families and friends. Visits to the dunes and vleis of Sossusvlei are highlights, along with fascinating desert wildlife and the overwhelming magnitude, and sense of adventure on the Kulala Wilderness Reserve. • 23 kulalas (3 family) • nature drives and walks • Sossusvlei excursion (via private gate) • Sesriem visit • sleep out deck • horse riding • hot air balloon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Wilderness Safaris Kulala Desert Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kulala Desert Hotel Namib-Naukluft Park
- Wilderness Safaris Kulala Desert Lodge Namibia/Sossusvlei