Our group from New Zealand flew into Windhoek and had a 6 hour drive to Kulala Desert Lodge. The next day we went to see the sand dunes at Sossusvlei, with an early start so we got there soon after sunrise. They were magnificent.
The lodge itself and the units are well designed to blend into the desert scene. The food was very good. Game could be seen at the artifice ial water hole in the valley in front of the lodge.
The only disadvantages are that it is quite a long drive from there to Sossusvlei, and the 14 km entry road to the lodge is very rough, especially with a hard sprung vehicle such as the one we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With vistas directly onto majestic red dunes, Kulala Desert Lodge is the closest location to Sossusvlei, and perhaps the lodge with the most spectacular views. The lodge's accessibility, and its large, friendly lounge and dining area with wrap-around veranda make this oasis in the desert perfect for families and friends. Visits to the dunes and vleis of Sossusvlei are highlights, along with fascinating desert wildlife and the overwhelming magnitude, and sense of adventure on the Kulala Wilderness Reserve. • 23 kulalas (3 family) • nature drives and walks • Sossusvlei excursion (via private gate) • Sesriem visit • sleep out deck • horse riding • hot air balloon ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and South African Hotels so you can book your Wilderness Safaris Kulala Desert Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kulala Desert Hotel Namib-Naukluft Park
- Wilderness Safaris Kulala Desert Lodge Namibia/Sossusvlei