“Lovely family break”
Review of Yeats County Inn

Yeats County Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Curry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Great place to stay, and so close to Knock Airport. We stayed here for two nights, and left midway through to stay at a wedding venue - the staff at Yeats were so great they even let us leave our luggage til we returned. Great staff, fantastic food, beautiful scenery, lovely nights sleep... can't go wrong!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Yeats with a group of eight others while we had a family get together in nearby Charlestown, Co Mayo. I had stayed here before and was pleased that Yeats still offered that warm and friendly welcome that I had received during my previous stay. The staff, especially Don, really do go above and beyond to help you and cannot do enough to make the stay as pleasurable as possible. I would certainly recommend to friends and family, particularly those visiting the west of Ireland, as the hotel is located just ten minutes drive from Knock Airport.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I organised my daughters christening at the Yeats, we were 50 people for lunch and all rooms were booked by us. Guests came all the way from Spain and Dublin. I want to thank all the staff and the owner for such a great weekend. All my guests were very happy with the rooms, service and with the excellent chef! Food was amazing and all the Spanish were very impressed with the excellent quality! Great attention to detail and all our different cultural requirements were exceeded. Room rates were extremely reasonable with the best Irish breakfast included.
Thanks again to all Yeats staff, will see you soon in the next event.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I recently attended a birthday party at the yeats county and I was well impressed with the choice on the menu and the service we received while we were there. There was 14 people in our party and everyone enjoyed their meals immensely judging by the empty plates and satisfaction on everyone's faces. The service was great and the food was excellent and to top it all off the price was extremely reasonable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We ( a group of 12 adult cyclists) stayed here and ate, food is very good and the staff are nice. Free Wifi also. Breakfast was huge and lovely. I cant really fault it. Thanks for the nice stay we all had a great evening and it meant the next days journey started that bit better.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

I had lunch here on the way from Galway to Donegal. I should have waited until Sligo. The food was adequate but bad value for money. When I enquired as to what all was in the chicken panini, I got a bemused response to the effect that it was just chicken - full stop. A previous review on this item is spot on. The salad on the side did not look great. The chips were ok. But at €10, it was very bad value for money. Initial impressions were not good with a sign displayed prominently on the main door, and on the bar, that credit cards would only be accepted for purchases of €20 or more. I was on my own so this was not an option. Coffee was nice, and service by other staff was very good. But I would not stop here again for lunch.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank toruairc
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We stopped by here for lunch on our way back to westport from sligo. Ordered a sandwich and a panini and we were very sorry we didn't wait till we got to castlebar to eat. The chicken panini had just a couple of pieces of chicken in a white roll (not a panini roll as advertised) smothered in a sweet chilli sauce. The accompanying chips were of the frozen variety and were not cooked for long enough and absolutely tasteless. The salad had some strange tasting salad dressing which rendered it inedible. €8.90 for this...very bad value for money. We also had a sandwich - same salad and bad chips. Garlic mayo, probably cheap quality "blenders" catering type also tasted strange - unlike any garlic mayo i've ever tasted. Service was fine, although had the waitress checked to see if everything was okay we might've said something about the poor quality of both dishes. Definitely will never return

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aaerhart

Been to Yeats County Inn? Share your experiences!