Tropical Islands(Krausnick)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$92
Free cancellation until 05/08
US$123
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I biked down from Berlin on a hot July day, arrived late, and were welcomed with cold bier and a very comfortable room. Before departing, I realized that I had a flat, which Herr Lausch expertly repaired - a real Godsend, that, being as it was Sunday. Now that's hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Edward S
Reviewed 12 August 2011

The hotel staff was absolutely delightful. We made a point of communicating exclusively in German (we even racked our brains for a word for "bed sheets") and the hotel and restaurant personnel was always very helpful and nice. Most people stay here when they want to visit Tropical Islands. You could rent a bike (equipped with a lock) at the hotel (for 5 euro) and in 4 km you will be able to swim in a tropical lagoon. In addition, the hotel room had "the right" size and the windows has a mosquitiere. Unfortunatelly, it was extremely hot in the room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KaHaWarsaw
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Too wimpy and frightened to sleep in a sand dune at the Tropical Islands theme park down the road, I opted for this place only a handful of kilometers away. It's a family-run establishment with no bells or whistles, or A/C as I grimly noted after entering the room. But the weather gods smiled on us and it rained like crazy so that wasn't a factor. Very clean. Quiet. In a very clean, quiet village. There's an old church nearby, begging for a visit.

I'll never get used to square pillows no matter how much Europe tries to force them on me. The complimentary breakfast was fine. Great rolls. The girl two tables down was gorgeous. The restaurant was good. A pleasant diner, noting my crap German, came over to translate the menu for me. This resulted in us trying new dishes, including a soup (Hochzeitsuppe?) and my son trying Milchreis which he loved. Because it's like eating dessert for dinner.

Overall, no complaints about this place though a visit to the nearby town of Schlepzig made me wish I'd booked a room there because that hotel was connected to a micro-brewery and biergarten - which is a righteous combination.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank skurczysyn
Reviewed 26 July 2010

We recently stayed just one night at this wonderful place. We had 2 rooms...both very nice and good sized with great bathrooms!! The staff was very accommodating - we arrived early - they were able to store our luggage - called over to Tropical Island for us to get some questions answered and even loaned us some towels to take with us! Breakfast was also good in a great location.

• Stayed: July 2010
3  Thank Kerstin K
Reviewed 3 April 2009

If you're going to be headed to the German "tropical retreat" of Tropical Island ... which, by the way I heartily recommend for some great fun ! ... you will want to consider this wonderful small hotel that is 5 km from Tropical Island. Tropical Island offers "camping" but it is loud and uncomfortable for adults... At the Landhotel Krusnick you get comfort and you're still close to the Tropical Island Amusement Park. The Hotel is very modern and VERY clean (in typical German fashion) and the staff is super friendly and exceptionally honest. The rooms are modern European in style, the restaurant is good and there is a small cocktail area. Internet is available for a fee. Parking is free. There is a interesting welmaintained WW II War cemetery for German soldiers located nearby and , this being in the former Eastern part of Germany, there is a stark WW II memorial on the traffic circle in Russian. The River Spree passes close by and a drive around the countryside Lubben, Gross Wasserburg, Markisch which are small towns close by are well worth the effort. Landhotel Krausnick is well worth the visit ! NOTE: If you're going to go to Tropical Islands check in at this Hotel first and BUY your admission ticket for Tropical islands here - same price but you do not have to wait in the sometimes LONG LINES at the admission desk for Tropical Islands !!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family