“My absolute favorite place! ”
Review of Cliffs of Moher

Cliffs of Moher
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Liscannor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Scenic cliffs stretching 700 feet over the rugged Atlantic coast. A short walk to O'Brien's Tower provides an excellent lookout on Ireland's beautiful western shoreline. The visitor centre hidden underneath the hillside houses an exhibition, two cafes, gift shop, toilets, first aid centre, information points and baggage store
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wow! There are hardly words to express the majesty of these cliffs. To see them is exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time. I’ve never felt so alive! This is a MUST see when you’re in Ireland!

Write a ReviewReviews (11,764)
All reviews
in 106 reviews
"the atlantic ocean"
in 141 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Well worth the trip if you want really good scenic pictures. Just make sure you go in the morning or evening so you don’t have the direct sun to limit your pics.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I didn't do any research and we just popped in to look . After visiting I did research and found this listed as one of the most dangerous places to visit !!!!!! The view takes your breath away and you feel like an ant looking at it ! The walk along the cliffs is terrifying , the wind is strong and it's freezing up there . There is no safety barrier and the path gets narrow. I felt sick to my stomach at how some people were so close to the edge to get a picture !! I found my fear my heights here ! I stayed a safe distance and was still amazed by it all ! A must do even for chickens like me :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ireland's coast is beautiful pretty much anywhere so it's tough to say that Cliffs of Moher ranks higher than the next but it is a must see. No matter what the weather is, this place is worth a stop.

It cost 8 euro per person to get into the parking lot if you drive there or you can take the many tour buses that most likely have free admission. There are many different options of tours & locations so there's plenty to choose from if you don't have a car. We ended up getting a rental half way into our trip since most of these places were not a bus stop away although the transit system in Ireland seemed abundant which was great to see.

I would recommend that anyone willing to adjust to the driving style in EU that is if you live in the US, to rent a car for your trip. The amount of things you can see & the freedom you have is well worth the money & adjustment to the driving style.

We started on the hike first & didn't really visit the centre there until the end but it was about to close at that point. The hike going south takes a while but is extremley beautiful. It took us a couple of hours to hike to the point closes to the end point but we stop often & didn't walk fast so it could be done quicker. We hung out at the point for a while & explored around for what seemed like hours. The views & magnitude of the cliffs are amazing. There's a trail that will take to the very end but due to time, we headed back to see O'Brien's Tower.

Like any tourist spot there are lots of people there but on our hike back we only saw a few people. I personally like showing up mid afternoon into dusk since places clear out & some of the views & colors as the sun sets are well worth it. But this is mainly possible when driving yourself.

The walk to the south was really easy but each time we thought we were getting closer another point would appear & the walk kept going & going. Overall, we spent about 8 hours here & we didn't even walk the entire trail system but then again, we spent a lot of time exploring & just soaking in the views. If you're not in a hurry, you can totally make this a day trip but if you're on a time constraint, i would say it could be a 4 hr stop if you visit the tour center & walked all the way to the end in back with only brief stops.

1  Thank hippo_hunter